• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Forum Format

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

That is easier on this forum.

However, that was also available on vBulletin boards in general, maybe starting with a certain version (version 4+). It's just that Sports SportsHoopla was using an old version (3 point something). Or they had the feature disabled.

Same thing with autosaving of a post. It was available on a released version of vBulletin. It's just that Sports SportsHoopla was either using an older version, or they had that feature disabled. I'd seen it on other vBulletin forums.

So I can't give full credit to XenForo for having these features, which vBulletin already offered in public releases.

I am glad though that we have some things to make things easier. That does get some credit.

I don't have any comparisons of what we have versus what others have. I just see what we have versus what we used to have. I can complain about some things had they been worse. If there's a better one out there, that doesn't affect me, as I never posted here or other places for the formats. Instead, for the posters. When I chose here it was because of ESPN closing its forums and everyone moving here (maybe for the features, but mainly they wanted to occupy a ghost town board with adequate features).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure if I like seeing an @ before SNs.

I'd remove it if nuraman worked. Or nuraman00. But @nuraman00 seems to be the only way to tag someone.

I like that feature (alerting) even if you don't. So there!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think that XenForo submits posts faster than vBulletin.

I though vBulletin was pretty fast in submitting posts. But XenForo seems twice as fast in submitting posts. And they never seem to hang, while sometimes the server would hang a little with vBulletin, when submitting posts.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd remove it if nuraman worked. Or nuraman00. But @nuraman00 seems to be the only way to tag someone.

I like that feature (alerting) even if you don't. So there!

Yeah, tagging someone is a good feature. Just wish it looked better visually.

You could do what I do, and just copy the SN from the left hand side, and paste it. That's what I've always done, MHSL82.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tagging someone is a good feature. Just wish it looked better visually.

You could do what I do, and just copy the SN from the left hand side, and paste it. That's what I've always done, MHSL82.

I don't get notified that you mentioned me that way. If I didn't read all threads or you didn't quote me (thus getting a quoted alert), I might not see the reference by just having the name in a thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get notified that you mentioned me that way. If I didn't read all threads or you didn't quote me (thus getting a quoted alert), I might not see the reference by just having the name in a thread.

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for mentioning that facet of tagging.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for mentioning that facet of tagging.

I've seen you do that before, but I've never gotten notified. I assumed you didn't think you were, because we didn't get that many notifications under the last board.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen you do that before, but I've never gotten notified. I assumed you didn't think you were, because we didn't get that many notifications under the last board.
Yeah, on the last board, I only got notifications of PMs.

Not when someone quoted me, or mentioned me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a bunch of questionmarks if the thread starter doesn't have an avatar.

How do you like my Avatar. I made it because of this post. I also thought that it fits with my posting style as some don't get my humor or meaning of posts, my profession because the answer to a lot of questions is "depends" (insert old-man underwear joke), and it's similar to the "no avatar" avatar (I didn't have one at most points of my time here).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you like my Avatar. I made it because of this post. I also thought that it fits with my posting style as some don't get my humor or meaning of posts, my profession because the answer to a lot of questions is "depends" (insert old-man underwear joke), and it's similar to the "no avatar" avatar (I didn't have one at most points of my time here).

I like it better than the default questionmark one. It's got a nice 3-D look to it.

Thanks.

Here's the stupid default one:

51r8lx.png