• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New excuse for Robinson Cano: He has had a stomach ailment since last August

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson Cano says he's battling stomach ailment

Cano, in an interview with USA Today Sports, said he was diagnosed with a parasite and treated it with antibiotics, but he is still bothered by acid reflux.

"It still affects me,'' Cano told USA Today Sports. "Sometimes you drink water and it makes you feel like vomiting. I can't eat the same way I did. It's hard to deal with, especially being the first time this has happened to me. Sometimes I eat only once a day before playing, because I feel full. And you just don't have the same energy.''

The 32-year-old Cano said he's no longer eating red meat in an effort to combat the issue, but "sometimes I play without any strength or energy, but you have to play, give the best of yourself."

Those who know anything about nutrition know the significance of eating well if you're an athlete. If he's unable to meet certain nutritional requirements, he's going to lose a lot of strength and that is going to be reflected in his play.

This is an interesting new excuse.

It would be interesting to see how much his weight has changed, I haven't noticed any significant change though personally.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's much thinner than last year. At least 15 lbs. I remember reading that it was a conscious choice on his part to come into the season that way, though.

Even if he were hitting at his career average, this dogshit team would still suck, so it really doesn't matter much.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's much thinner than last year. At least 15 lbs. I remember reading that it was a conscious choice on his part to come into the season that way, though.

Even if he were hitting at his career average, this dogshit team would still suck, so it really doesn't matter much.

If he were hitting at his career average I believe we would be at least 3-4 games better. There have been many times he has been useless with runners in scoring position this year. Also, if Cano was hitting around his career average, many of those solo HRs that Cruz has hit, wouldn't have been solo HRs.

Cano is hitting .203 with runners in scoring position. Imagine how many more runs the Mariners would have scored if he was hitting around his career norm.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson Cano says he's battling stomach ailment

Those who know anything about nutrition know the significance of eating well if you're an athlete. If he's unable to meet certain nutritional requirements, he's going to lose a lot of strength and that is going to be reflected in his play.

This is an interesting new excuse.

It would be interesting to see how much his weight has changed, I haven't noticed any significant change though personally.

That's what he gets for having unprotected sex with Franklin Gutierrez.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he continues to suck balls thru atleast Wednesday. Hahaha

As for the reason he's no longer awesome, he's rich, doesn't care.

Maybe we can swap JV for him while we're out there? What could it hurt?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he continues to suck balls thru atleast Wednesday. Hahaha

As for the reason he's no longer awesome, he's rich, doesn't care.

Maybe we can swap JV for him while we're out there? What could it hurt?
congrats on the series win

m's will probably get no hit pretty soon, but at least it won't be to verlander or price this week :)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on the series win

m's will probably get no hit pretty soon, but at least it won't be to verlander or price this week :)
You guys will be facing garbage, and Sanchez.

I'll be happy if Simon makes it thru five and were not down by 4 or more. He's awful.

Speaking of awful, Mark Krauss might be our new first baseman. Yeah, Mark Krauss. I'm almost at the point of rooting against my team so they'll sell off vets and FAs to be. Almost, but not yet.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy if Simon makes it thru five and were not down by 4 or more. He's awful.

I think you will be fine. That would require this inept lineup to score 4 runs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this story, the Mariners/Cano have access to some of the nation's greatest doctors, nutritionist you name it. If this started in last August they would've pulled him immediately like what happened when Guti came to camp all fudged up. Let alone when the excuses started coming out about him being homesick of NY you would've thought someone from his camp or hell the Mariners with the negativity towards him would've leaked this out.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this story, the Mariners/Cano have access to some of the nation's greatest doctors, nutritionist you name it. If this started in last August they would've pulled him immediately like what happened when Guti came to camp all fudged up. Let alone when the excuses started coming out about him being homesick of NY you would've thought someone from his camp or hell the Mariners with the negativity towards him would've leaked this out.

Imo, it's a bullshit excuse. If he had this ailment I'm sure Lloyd wouldn't play him 98% of the time.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Seager doesn't have an excuse...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of awful, Mark Krauss might be our new first baseman. Yeah, Mark Krauss.

hey look. first pa for the tigers, and it's a home run off the mAAAriners for him.

nice!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey look. first pa for the tigers, and it's a home run off the mAAAriners for him.

nice!
I'm not banking on him turning his career around JD Martinez style. (JDs numbers as an Astro seem unattainable for Krauss.). But it was a nice start. Avila drawing a walk off TW got me almost as excited.

And then Kyle Ryan can't make it thru the third..... :L

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Robi gives us all the finger!

Off one of Detroits two non-awful relievers no less.