• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Bracketology 2-17-14

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Region(New York, NY)

1. SYRACUSE(ACC)
16. ROBERT MORRIS(NEC)
- First Niagara Center(Buffalo, NY)
8. Kansas State
9. Colorado

4. MICHIGAN(B1G)
13. MERCER(A-SUN)
- Spokane VMA(Spokane, WA)
5. Kentucky
12. Stanford

3. SAN DIEGO STATE(MVC)
14. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN(SOUTHLAND)
- AT&T Center(San Antonio, TX)
6. Oklahoma
11. SMU

7. Memphis
10. TOLEDO(MAC)
2. Villanova
15. VERMONT(AM. EAST)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Region(New York, NY)

1. SYRACUSE(ACC)
16. ROBERT MORRIS(NEC)
8. Kansas State
9. Colorado

4. MICHIGAN(B1G)
13. MERCER(A-SUN)
5. Kentucky
12. Stanford

3. SAN DIEGO STATE(MVC)
14. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN(SOUTHLAND)
6. Oklahoma
11. SMU

7. Memphis
10. TOLEDO(MAC)
2. Villanova
15. VERMONT(AM. EAST)

West Regional(Anaheim, CA)

1. ARIZONA(PAC 12)
16. DAVIDSON(SOUTHERN)
- Viejas Center(San Diego, CA)
8. New Mexico
9. Xavier

4. Iowa
13. UW-GREEN BAY(HORIZON)
5. ST. LOUIS(A-10)
12. NORTH DAKOTA STATE(SUMMIT)

3. Iowa State
14. BOSTON(PATRIOT)
- Amway Center(Orlando, FL)
6. UConn
11. St. John's/Richmond

7. North Carolina
10. California
- Bradley Center(Milwaukee, WI)
2. Wisconsin
15. NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL(MEAC)

Midwest Regional(Indianapolis, IN)

1. WICHITA STATE(MVC)
16. SOUTHERN(SWAC)/WEBER STATE(BIG SKY)
- Scottrade Center(St. Louis, MO)
8. Pittsburgh
9. George Washington

4. CINCINATTI(AAC)
13. BELMONT(OVC)
5. UCLA
12. BYU

3. Michigan State
14. MTSU(C-USA)
- PNC Arena(Raleigh, NC)
6. Louisville
11. Oklahoma State

7. GONZAGA(WCC)
10. Minnesota
- Bradley Center(Milwaukee, WI)
2. CREIGTON(BIG EAST)
15. UC-IRVINE(BIG WEST)

South Regional(Memphis, TN)

1. FLORIDA(SEC)
16. UTAH VALLEY(WAC)/COASTAL CAROLINA(BIG SOUTH)
- Amway Center(Orlando, FL)
8. Arizona State
9. VCU

4. Virginia
13. DELAWARE(CAA)
- Viejas Center(San Diego, CA)
5. Ohio State
12. HARVARD(IVY)

3. Duke
14. IONA(MAAC)
- PNC Arena(Raleigh, NC)
6. Texas
11. Oregon/St. Joe's

7. Umass
10. Missouri
- Scottrade Center(St. Louis, MO)
2. KANSAS(BIG 12)
15. GEORGIA STATE(SUN BELT)

In the Bracket: St. Joe's, St. John's, Missouri, MTSU(C-USA), Coastal Carolina(Big South)

Out of the Bracket: Florida State, Georgetown, Tennessee, UTEP(C-USA), UNC-Asheville(Big South)

Top 10 of "S" Curve: Syracuse, Arizona, Wichita State, Florida, Kansas, Creighton, Villanova, Wisconsin, Duke, Iowa State

Last 4 Byes: SMU, Oklahoma State, Stanford, BYU

Last 4 IN: Oregon, St. Joes, St. John's, Richmond

First 4 OUT: Tennessee, Nebraska, Providence, Georgetown

Next 4 OUT: Baylor, NC State, Florida State, West Virginia

Bids by Conference: AAC(5), A-10(6), ACC(5), Big 12(6), B1G(6), Big East(4), Mtn. West(2), Pac 12(7), SEC(3) WCC(2)

:suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore the first post, accidently hit post, and couldn't edit it quick enough, and I don't know how to delete it.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your personal bracketology, or did you get it from another site? Either way, I'd kill for a 2 seed.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn i'll be honest creighton AND villanova as 2 seeds makes me want to laugh. Not getting on you for putting them there eric it's just that i normally think of 2 seeds as being capable of winning the national championship. I will say it with 100% certainty that neither of those teams are good enough to win 6 straight games in march. Simple as that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your personal bracketology, or did you get it from another site? Either way, I'd kill for a 2 seed.

Personal bracket. Wisconsin's resume is very very good. It came down to them or Duke on the 2 line and Wisconsin has much more quality wins.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn i'll be honest creighton AND villanova as 2 seeds makes me want to laugh. Not getting on you for putting them there eric it's just that i normally think of 2 seeds as being capable of winning the national championship. I will say it with 100% certainty that neither of those teams are good enough to win 6 straight games in march. Simple as that.

Michigan State and Duke probably have a better chance of winning it all, but right now their resumes don't compare to Creighton and Villanova. And I'd be careful guaranteeing anything. Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal bracket. Wisconsin's resume is very very good. It came down to them or Duke on the 2 line and Wisconsin has much more quality wins.

Good research, looks legit.

Unbelievable that the SEC could only have 3 teams, but I think you are spot on. I believe I heard one of the announcers in the UF / KY game the other night say this might be the first year since 1978 or 79 that the SEC has only 2 or 3 teams in the tourney.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State and Duke probably have a better chance of winning it all, but right now their resumes don't compare to Creighton and Villanova. And I'd be careful guaranteeing anything. Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament.

20 years of watching college basketball makes me pretty damn sure that neither of those teams can win it all. Most would agree, I think. Creighton's resume is entirely based on two wins against 'Nova, nothing more.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 years of watching college basketball makes me pretty damn sure that neither of those teams can win it all. Most would agree, I think. Creighton's resume is entirely based on two wins against 'Nova, nothing more.

Creighton is a prime example of why the RPI is skewed IMO. The Blue Jays have 2 top 25 wins ( both against NOva ) and then a decent win vs Arizona State. After than they have 7 wins vs teams ranked 41st-73rd in RPI in St Joes, Cal, Xavier, Nebraska, Georgetown, St Johns and Marquette with only 1 of those wins on the road. The reason their RPI is so high is they only have 4 wins vs teams ranked 150+ compared to 6/7/8 wins MOST other teams have. Too put it succinctly , their cupcakes are better cupcakes than other teams. In a vacuum if you look at their wins and losses you probably have them as a 4 seed IMO but due to the relative strength of their numbers due to not playing as many teams ranked 150+ you end up with an RPI of 7 for them.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Villanova I agree on, but Creighton could win it. Teams are gonna have a rough time trying to stop McDermott. It most likely is going to come down to whether their other players can hit shots, so he doesn't have to make everything.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 years of watching college basketball makes me pretty damn sure that neither of those teams can win it all. Most would agree, I think. Creighton's resume is entirely based on two wins against 'Nova, nothing more.[/QUOTE]

That couldn't be farther from the truth. They have 6 wins against the top 50, which is really good, and 3 more in the 50-60 range. That's 9 top 60 wins(more than Arizona). And I've been watching college basketball as far back as I can remember, anything can happen in the tournament. I'm not saying Creighton is going to win it all, but their resume is worthy of a 2 seed at this point IMO. Who am I going to replace them with? Duke, Michigan State, Iowa State, SDSU? None of those are more deserving.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villanova I agree on, but Creighton could win it. Teams are gonna have a rough time trying to stop McDermott. It most likely is going to come down to whether their other players can hit shots, so he doesn't have to make everything.

When is the last time a shitty defensive team won the title? Has it ever happened? It's the same reason Duke won't win it all this year. Offense will win you a bunch of games, but eventually you run into a great defensive team that can slow you down ENOUGH.

Not sure if douggie agrees with me about Duke, but in the end an average ACC had made them look much better than they are. Main reason is that the ACC is especially weak on good offensive teams, so Duke hasn't been quite as exposed as they should have been by now. Of course 'Cuse put up 90 in 45 minutes, and they are the best offense besides Duke in the ACC.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton is a prime example of why the RPI is skewed IMO. The Blue Jays have 2 top 25 wins ( both against NOva ) and then a decent win vs Arizona State. After than they have 7 wins vs teams ranked 41st-73rd in RPI in St Joes, Cal, Xavier, Nebraska, Georgetown, St Johns and Marquette with only 1 of those wins on the road. The reason their RPI is so high is they only have 4 wins vs teams ranked 150+ compared to 6/7/8 wins MOST other teams have. Too put it succinctly , their cupcakes are better cupcakes than other teams. In a vacuum if you look at their wins and losses you probably have them as a 4 seed IMO but due to the relative strength of their numbers due to not playing as many teams ranked 150+ you end up with an RPI of 7 for them.

6 top 50 wins, more than Duke(who has 4), same as Michigan State, one less than Iowa State(who has 7, but Baylor is at #50). Also Creighton owns wins over the #52, and #53, so it's basically even, and SDSU only has 2 top 50 wins. They are a #2 because they have better wins than Duke and SDSU have, and don't have 5 losses like Michigan State(who have played basically the same SOS)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton's defense is worrisome...in picking them to win multiple games.

But on the other hand their offense is worrisome.....in drawing them in your side of the bracket.

They are a team that when there shots are falling you are best of just not even showing up. And know, I am not saying that in the sense where you can argue "any team is tough when there shots are falling". I am talking relative to realistic expectations. This team has the best player in the game and 3-4 other guys on the floor who at all times can knock down jumpers extremely efficiently.

While I agree it's probably a 1% chance they win it all....that is awful reasoning for saying they shouldn't get a two. And fact is, they are capable of blowing out any team in the country on a given night. Not many teams are.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 word---BUTLER! If you thought for one second going in, Butler could win it all, I call :bullshit:

That's why this tournament is so great, anyone on any given day/night can be beaten.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton's defense is worrisome...in picking them to win multiple games.

But on the other hand their offense is worrisome.....in drawing them in your side of the bracket.

They are a team that when there shots are falling you are best of just not even showing up. And know, I am not saying that in the sense where you can argue "any team is tough when there shots are falling". I am talking relative to realistic expectations. This team has the best player in the game and 3-4 other guys on the floor who at all times can knock down jumpers extremely efficiently.

While I agree it's probably a 1% chance they win it all....that is awful reasoning for saying they shouldn't get a two. And fact is, they are capable of blowing out any team in the country on a given night. Not many teams are.

when did I say they shouldn't get a 2? I simply laughed at the fact that right now they ARE a 2. Also I will stick with my 0 chance, as silly as that may sound to everyone who believes for some reason that "each team has a chance!" Creighton has no chance, because they aren't that good. In that I mean they can't and won't shoot lights out for 6 games in a row because the last 4 will probably all be against teams that are better than the competition they have faced all year and I include 'Nova in that whether you like it or not.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 word---BUTLER! If you thought for one second going in, Butler could win it all, I call :bullshit:

That's why this tournament is so great, anyone on any given day/night can be beaten.

DEFENSE. You just literally jumped right onto my side of the argument. If a team plays great defense they can beat anyone, whether they are a mid major or not. If they play great offense and no defense, IMO they won't have enough to win 6 games. Duke and Creighton can certainly beat ANY team in the country on any night. I just don't buy that they are good enough to get the stops they need in that game where they aren't blowing out a good team, because that will happen at least once if not 4 times on the way to a championship

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did I say they shouldn't get a 2? I simply laughed at the fact that right now they ARE a 2. Also I will stick with my 0 chance, as silly as that may sound to everyone who believes for some reason that "each team has a chance!" Creighton has no chance, because they aren't that good. In that I mean they can't and won't shoot lights out for 6 games in a row because the last 4 will probably all be against teams that are better than the competition they have faced all year and I include 'Nova in that whether you like it or not.

How many teams do you think can win it all then? Like 3 or something?