• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Basketball Commitment

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To an extent. They were still slow-playing him wanting him to take a prep year. Figuratively speaking, you could say that he had an offer, but it wasn't one that was commitable.

And let me make one thing clear; I am not knocking Wood at all. I think he is going to be a solid player, and he should have a good career at VT.

Explain Jeffro. Not sure how an offer is not "commitable"?? Are you saying that they offered him, and that if he had committed they would MAKE him take a prep year in order to honor the scholarship or that they were somehow withholding this info. until he committed?? I'm confused (and curious), please elaborate..

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain Jeffro. Not sure how an offer is not "commitable"?? Are you saying that they offered him, and that if he had committed they would MAKE him take a prep year in order to honor the scholarship or that they were somehow withholding this info. until he committed?? I'm confused (and curious), please elaborate..

Wood visited. He was a player the staff liked but didn't think was better than Evan Nolte. Because the two play the same position, it made no sense to push. The staff did float the idea of Wood coming in and redshrting, but it was clear that he wasn't interested in that. So, while in theory, Wood may have had a UVa offer, he didn't exactly have a committable offer.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wood may have had a UVa offer, he didn't exactly have a committable offer.

memes_cant_tell_if_troll_or_just_really_stupid_Memebase_35-s500x475-179361.jpg

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious. You don't understand how recruiting works, so you call me stupid instead. Classic ignorance.

Yeah, that is the sign of a serious offer by the Hoos. :rolleyes:

Sort of like being at the bar and telling the lady that if nobody hotter comes in before closing time then you'll take her home for the night. I can't imagine why Wood would have soured on UVA.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that is the sign of a serious offer by the Hoos. :rolleyes:

Sort of like being at the bar and telling the lady that if nobody hotter comes in before closing time then you'll take her home for the night. I can't imagine why Wood would have soured on UVA.

From what im told it was more along the lines of offering an 8 to go home with you from the bar but she chooses someone better and you say you were waiting for a 10 anyway.