• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nefi up, Tony down

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds recall infielder Neftali Soto
-- CBSSports.com
The Reds recalled infielder Neftali Soto from Triple-A Louisville Thursday, according to MLB.com. Soto appeared in two games earlier this season for Cincinnati.

Tony Cingrani temporarily optioned to minors
The Reds optioned pitcher Tony Cingrani to the Arizona League (rookie) Reds Thursday, according to MLB.com. But Cingrani will return to pitch one of the doubleheader games Tuesday against the Giants.

The Reds don't have to wait 10 days to recall Cingrani because he can be added to the roster as the 26th man under the new doubleheader rule.

Cingrani pitched over the weekend and would not be scheduled again until Tuesday anyhow.
Not sure what Soto brings to the team other than a bat that would replace a pitcher who isn't going to pitch. It's not a genius move and would matter more if I thought Soto would be helpful to this offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reliever would have been smarter. If anyone in AAA could hit, they would already be hitting 2nd on this team. Whatever... The more these guys "think" the less confident I am.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reliever would have been smarter. If anyone in AAA could hit, they would already be hitting 2nd on this team. Whatever... The more these guys "think" the less confident I am.

Sounds like another rally-buster option for Dusteromus ... oh, well ... strikeouts only hurt your feelings.
Soto might someday be a hitter but I am less and less interested in guys who spend 3-4 years in the minors learning to hit. Knowing what I see, nobody is learning shit about hitting.

More time hitting minor league crap just allows the guy to develop habits that even Brook Jacoby can't fix.
Stubbs, Cozart and a few others ought to be evidence of that.

But I am happy Soto is going to get to sit on the bench and maybe hit once this weekend.
That will be sooooooo useful to him.

I also looked up Billy Hamilton's AAA numbers. Sorry ... but Tyler Colvin is looking pretty good to me.

You can't steal first base.