• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Needs heading into offseason

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my lifetime as a Lions fan, I can't remember a roster ever being this solid heading into the off-season. We have areas to improve, like every team, but very few actual needs.

Take RB, for example. Assuming Bush gets cut, Bell and Riddick are quality players. A team could be a lot worse off. Its a spot where we could get better, but at the same time, I won't be pissed if we stay the same.

Same for Secondary. Mathis is getting up there in age. But we do have some young guys coming back from injury. And at safety, I view Digs as the defensive Joique Bell, if you will. He could certainly be better, but I won't be upset if he remains the starter.

IMO, our only true needs as of now, are, in order:

1. Defensive Tackle

2. Offensive Guard

3. Right Tackle

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your list. But I'd add a more serviceable backup QB to it. Orlovsky and Moore don't make me feel comfortable if Stafford has to miss a couple games(for whatever reason) and we need them to help win games.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beer, and lots of it.

DT x 2
OG
CB
RT
DE

You really need three starting-caliber DE in a 4-3 IMO so you can have a rotation and potentially a passing-down and running-down guy. I'm also very uncomfortable counting on Mathis to play starting-caliber CB next year since at his age the wall can arrive at any minute. WR depth would also be welcome but isn't urgent.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Micro. I feel comfortable enough with our roster that if a QB was BPA, after round 1, I'd hope they'd pull the trigger.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Max. Jones is another player that's not really a star, but is serviceable. Along with the other young DE's we have, I don't think a late 2nd or 3rd rounder will greatly improve that position. So, yea, it could be better, but outside that "can't miss" type player, I won't be disappointed if we pass.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent pool of QBs in this years draft leaves something to be desired, IMO.

But I agree with finding a FA QB to replace Orlovsky and Moore, ugh.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT
OG
CB
QB
WR
ST coach

Fairly is gone for sure so we will need another DT. Keep Mosely. Will come down to Suh. We may need 2.

Fat ass and Sims will get the boot most likely. We have Swanson for Center but no other starting level guard. I would probably keep Reynolds over Sims as the backup and not just for the money.

We need another CB as Mathis cant keep playing at this level too much longer.

I hate to say it but hopefully we will be kicking Jeremy Ross to the curb and we will need a WR. Ross fell apart the last few games and has had minimal effect as a returner outside of the Philly snoe game (not that is a big deal anyway. Fuller is a good number 4 but we really need another big guy. I would really like to get Andre Holmes from the Raiders. He is a FA and very underrated and affordable.

Kwan blows.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the drop-off in play at the RT situation was more related to the scheme complexity and then the injuries. Hilliard won that job in training camp over Waddle, who only had 8 starts last year and in a different scheme. UDFA OT Lucas had 2 years of College LT experience at K-St and was in a zone read offense.

Lombardi's blocking scheme was difficult to comprehend even for Sims and Raiola, as stated by both of them in a Freep article during the bye week this past year.

It sure wouldn't hurt to draft another OT, who also could possibly slide inside to LG if needed, should Waddle or Lucas prove they could handle RT in 2015 training camp.