• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nedo injured

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, I prefer Aaron Craft to Nedovic. He has his flaws, but he gets in your grill on D. I thought he was much better than Nedo on our summer league team.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't care for Aaron Craft's game. He hustled and tried hard on D, but he's undersized and his offensive game is really weak. Nedo hasn't shown up for the Dubs, but Aaron Craft is not even close to and improvement at this point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't care for Aaron Craft's game. He hustled and tried hard on D, but he's undersized and his offensive game is really weak. Nedo hasn't shown up for the Dubs, but Aaron Craft is not even close to and improvement at this point.

His defensive rating and steal percentage were top 10 in the Summer League. When he was on the floor Dub's were +34 vs -31 when he sat. He is a poor offensive player, but he makes an impact on D. Seth Curry might be an improvement over Craft or Nedovic. Great shooter, and a better, more secure handle than either of these guys.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Nedo being injured and Craft unproven, it'll be interesting to see if the Warriors can bring any more established or proven PG's into training camp. I'm concerned that after Curry and Livingston, we don't have a dependable #3.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Nedo being injured and Craft unproven, it'll be interesting to see if the Warriors can bring any more established or proven PG's into training camp. I'm concerned that after Curry and Livingston, we don't have a dependable #3.

Maybe Kerr can suit up and give us 5 mins? :yahoo:

There's always a D.League player we can probably bring up for 5 mins a night. Baze is still available isn't he?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kerr can suit up and give us 5 mins? :yahoo:

There's always a D.League player we can probably bring up for 5 mins a night. Baze is still available isn't he?

Baze signed with the Hawks on a 2 year deal.

I'm with you that I think somewhere along the way, if needed, the Warriors can scour the D-League for a potential pickup. It's nothing to worry about now, but I just like to have more options than less.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's way too early to waive Nedo. He was our first round draft pick last year. His contract is guaranteed. Unless the Warriors have completely lost all faith in him, he'll be around this year or at least well into the season to see if he can show anything in practice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs have to decide by 10/31 whether to exercise his option for the 2015-2016 season. If they don't he's gone after next year and that saves them 1.15 million in cap space down the line. We'll know if Nedo has a future with the W's at that time.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs have to decide by 10/31 whether to exercise his option for the 2015-2016 season. If they don't he's gone after next year and that saves them 1.15 million in cap space down the line. We'll know if Nedo has a future with the W's at that time.

If I had to bet on it, I'd say the Warriors will decline the option. That cap space can be applied to next years pick.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to bet on it, I'd say the Warriors will decline the option. That cap space can be applied to next years pick.

It seems likely, unless his game moves up a level in training camp, which is really his best hope at this point.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo, although playing against the 2nd stringers mostly, looked pretty good out there last night. He seemed to command the offense well and looked like he was playing with never before seen confidence. He was getting to the rim and making good plays. He's still unlikely to get much, if any, playing time this year, but if he can play like this throughout the rest of the preseason I may adjust my opinion on his future.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo, although playing against the 2nd stringers mostly, looked pretty good out there last night. He seemed to command the offense well and looked like he was playing with never before seen confidence. He was getting to the rim and making good plays. He's still unlikely to get much, if any, playing time this year, but if he can play like this throughout the rest of the preseason I may adjust my opinion on his future.

Gotta be honest, I didn't watch much of the Dubs vs CLippers last night, was still enjoying GIants win and Dodgers losing.

I saw Barbosa get on the floor, he looks like he put on some weight and if Livingston doesn't get his health together, I can see Nedo getting 10 mins a night.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be honest, I didn't watch much of the Dubs vs CLippers last night, was still enjoying GIants win and Dodgers losing.

I saw Barbosa get on the floor, he looks like he put on some weight and if Livingston doesn't get his health together, I can see Nedo getting 10 mins a night.

I didn't watch much either, just the last 8 minutes or so of the Warriors game after watching the Giants. I don't really like watching the celebrations for post season advancement. The only two times I believe teams should celebrate are making the playoffs after the regular season (after 162 games and a much smaller playoff field in comparison to other sports, it's warranted) and winning the World Series. But I digress....

I think Barbosa is capable, but not a preferred option at PG. I've read Kerr will really only entertain him on the court at the same time as another 2 if Iguodala is out there to help shoulder some of the PG duties. Barbosa is a scorer, not a distributor.

It would be nice to have Nedo be a steady 3rd option behind Curry and Livingston though.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nedo is gone, may he bless another bench elsewhere. I hope he goes the way of Jiri Welch, or Saranus Jakevicous (SP?) , guy needs to go overseas or somewhere he can get consistent run and develop a beter jumper.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly haven't seen as much of "Nedo" as you guys have, but I think that was a really bad/wasted pick the Warriors made on him.

I thought that the Warriors had signed former college player shooting guard named Sean (long last name)? He was a good scorer for Cincy in college, maybe 1-2 years out of college. Did I hear wrong? Should this be on another thread? What time is it?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly haven't seen as much of "Nedo" as you guys have, but I think that was a really bad/wasted pick the Warriors made on him.

I thought that the Warriors had signed former college player shooting guard named Sean (long last name)? He was a good scorer for Cincy in college, maybe 1-2 years out of college. Did I hear wrong? Should this be on another thread? What time is it?

They signed Sean Kilpatrick to a non-guaranteed contract to bring him in for camp but was cut along with the other guys at the end of the preseason.

The pick to me was and was not a waste. The Warriors didn't have a pick and bought into the spot. They traded down multiple times to recoup most of what they spent to get into the pick position they grabbed Nedovic.

While he hasn't lived up to any sort of potential, there weren't many serviceable players that were taken after him in the draft. The most notable names that I saw drafted who have turned into decent players are Ray McCallum, Glen Rice Jr. and Isaiah Canaan. Matthew Dellavedova was undrafted.

I like that the Warriors took a shot, but the entire draft in general was pretty terrible.