• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska to Host Satellite Camps

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several members of the Nebraska media met with Ryan Gunderson and Andy Vaughn this morning to discuss recruiting strategies and other things. They said that Nebraska will be taking about 19 players in this class (i thought it would be closer to 20 but the addition of the transfer from USC could bring it down to 19) but the most important thing was that Nebraska will now be hosting several satellite camps over the summer for recruiting purposes. Here are some tweets on the subject:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Most interesting thing we learned today from <a href="">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Very insightful meeting w/ <a href="">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In fact, Riley and his staff were one of the first to ever do it when they were at Oregon State. Look for places like California and Texas.</p>&mdash; Sean Callahan (@Sean_Callahan) <a href="">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>According to <a href="">January 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear kids just want the Nebraska offer so "bigger" schools come After them

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder why the heck the old staff didn't even try to do this, unless this was one of the enemies Bo always preached to the team smh

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wonder why the heck the old staff didn't even try to do this, unless this was one of the enemies Bo always preached to the team smh

I think it all boils down to the same thing. A stubborn individual, who needed to be in control of everything, and wouldn't take any input from anybody else.

When I heard that the coaches from Lawton, OK informed the previous staff about Jalin Barnett and didn't even get an acknowledgement back, it was just one more example for me of how Bo had turned everybody off from the program. How do you not give the time of day to big Husker fan coaches in the heart of Oklahoma?

He didn't even have any inroads at IWCC across the river.

That fucking clown built a wall around the city of Lincoln. Damn fool. :L

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced that Bo brought people like Papuchis with him because by golly he was going to make him into a big name Coordinator and all credit would go to thee almighty genius Bop.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all boils down to the same thing. A stubborn individual, who needed to be in control of everything, and wouldn't take any input from anybody else.

When I heard that the coaches from Lawton, OK informed the previous staff about Jalin Barnett and didn't even get an acknowledgement back, it was just one more example for me of how Bo had turned everybody off from the program. How do you not give the time of day to big Husker fan coaches in the heart of Oklahoma?

In hindsight I couldn't imagine Rambo getting many invitations to come scowl and cuss at high schoolers at coaching clinics around the country

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sounds like something a ¢unt lawyer with no integrity would say.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a very good idea. Worth mentioning that Riley and his staff were among the first in the nation to start to do the satellite camps at Oregon State. Personally, I think Riley has a better personality to get in roads to be okayed to do this. It's easier to say yes to Mike Riley hosting a camp in your home town than it is to say yes to Bo Pelini, not that Pelini would ever think about doing such a thing.

This new staff is on the cutting edge and is 1,000 times more excited about recruiting than the last staff. They LOVE the fact that they GET to recruit to Nebraska... Bo and Co hated the fact that they had to recruit in spite of Nebraska. That's the big difference.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight I couldn't imagine Rambo getting many invitations to come scowl and cuss at high schoolers at coaching clinics around the country
this. can't imagine too many other coaches wanted to work with the guy.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duh, you guys probably want to know what I'm doing here. Well, you saw me, you figure it out. All I gotta say is I want your kids to play football with me. Ya know, be part of the process.

Which kids am I talkin ablut? What kinda question is that?!!! You saw it, you figure it out and at the end of the day, ehh, yah. You tell me.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of da day, a new day starts.....and den at da end of dat day......uh.....duhhh......I don't have crystal ball so I can't tell you...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know