• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Rutgers Week

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers open (-8), Now (-9)

Over/Under: 65.5

Long Range Forecast

Temp: 53*
Wind: W 17 mph
Precip: 0%

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers first game ever @ Rutgers

Only 2 previous meetings

1920: NU 28-0 (@ New York)
2014: NU 42-24 (Lincoln)

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pumped after the win over Minnesota, then Northwestern and Purdue happened.

Once again, I am pumped after the win over Michigan State.

I am hoping history does not repeat itself.

Michigan destroyed Rutgers through the air. Guess what the game plan is(even though you all saw Imani Cross run wild against Michigan State). Rutgers did not have Carroo, but Carroo is back for the Nebraska game and the 124th rated Nebraska pass defense.

This one should be a Nebraska win, but then I said that when Nebraska played Northwestern and Purdue.

I am setting my expectations low, any W is better than an L. I will take 3-2 or 100-99 as long as Nebraska gets the W. Right now, Nebraska is not playing for style points.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers is BAD on paper. Their last 3 losses at the hands of Ohio St, @ Wisconsin, and @ Michigan contributed largely in that. All three scored 48 or 49 points and the closest game margin was 5 TD's (33 pts).

They pretty much haven't done anything right since their three point win in a 100 point shoot with Indiana 4 weeks ago. They are so bad in the physical aspect of the game, they are even 109th in punting.

That being said, they've got a handful of things going for them.

1) Home Field (duh)
2) Not being able to handle success is ingrained in this Husker team.
3) Their turnover margin is (99th) where Nebraska's is (115th)
4) They are (85th) in penalties per game where Nebraska is (108th)
5) They are (12th) in punt and (35th) in kickoff returns were Nebraska is (34th) and (106th) respectively.
6) They are (103rd) in punt return defense where Nebraska is (100th).

Hopefully Bruce Read earns some of that $450,000 loyalty paycheck this Saturday.

"Bruce Read joined the Nebraska staff with 29 years of expertise in coaching special teams and will serve as the Huskers' special teams coordinator. Read has spent 14 seasons on Mike Riley coaching staffs, both at Oregon State and with the San Diego Chargers."

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple books are now at -9.5 and under/over still at 65.5

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with HuskerinBig10. i thought they turned a corner with Minnesota but then the flops against Northwestern and Purdue.

i heard on the radio this morning that after the previous 3 wins, the huskers have been outscored in the 1st quarter of the next game 24-5 (Miami put up 17, Illinois 0, Northwestern 7 and we only got an FG and a safety against Northwestern). that's coaching, not getting guys ready to play, maybe letting the win get in their heads. hopefully they do whatever the heck they did the previous week against MSU and get these kids ready to play.

Rutgers is scary with Caroo, but their defense is soft, so hopefully we can manhandle them like MSU and get the running game going thus limiting Rutgers offense.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, this is the most important week of this season. It didn't have to be, but it is.

This is our chance to build toward an enormous amount of momentum. You come out and win this game one week after you knock of a top 10 team, it shows you're mature and can deal with success. It also sets us up with momentum heading into another matchup with a top 10 team.

Win this game, and suddenly we give ourselves a chance to have one of the more impressive Novembers in all of college football. We could end up going to a decent bowl of we finish 3-0 knocking out 2 playoff contenders.

It's a must win. MUST win for the future. Next year could be completely different based on the outcome of these final games.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers is BAD on paper. Their last 3 losses at the hands of Ohio St, @ Wisconsin, and @ Michigan contributed largely in that. All three scored 48 or 49 points and the closest game margin was 5 TD's (33 pts).

They pretty much haven't done anything right since their three point win in a 100 point shoot with Indiana 4 weeks ago. They are so bad in the physical aspect of the game, they are even 109th in punting.

That being said, they've got a handful of things going for them.

1) Home Field (duh)
2) Not being able to handle success is ingrained in this Husker team.
3) Their turnover margin is (99th) where Nebraska's is (115th)
4) They are (85th) in penalties per game where Nebraska is (108th)
5) They are (12th) in punt and (35th) in kickoff returns were Nebraska is (34th) and (106th) respectively.
6) They are (103rd) in punt return defense where Nebraska is (100th).

Hopefully Bruce Read earns some of that $450,000 loyalty paycheck this Saturday.

"Bruce Read joined the Nebraska staff with 29 years of expertise in coaching special teams and will serve as the Huskers' special teams coordinator. Read has spent 14 seasons on Mike Riley coaching staffs, both at Oregon State and with the San Diego Chargers."

Maybe "special" has a different meaning in his mind? :noidea:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple bright spots with our special teams is that we don't turn the ball over, and we actually attempt to block PATs and FGs.

What was with Bopper never wanting to try and block PATs?? 1 point could make all the difference, but instead we always went into max protect on PATs like he was expecting a fake every single time. Try and block that bitch!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, this is the most important week of this season. It didn't have to be, but it is.

This is our chance to build toward an enormous amount of momentum. You come out and win this game one week after you knock of a top 10 team, it shows you're mature and can deal with success. It also sets us up with momentum heading into another matchup with a top 10 team.

Win this game, and suddenly we give ourselves a chance to have one of the more impressive Novembers in all of college football. We could end up going to a decent bowl of we finish 3-0 knocking out 2 playoff contenders.

It's a must win. MUST win for the future. Next year could be completely different based on the outcome of these final games.

5-7 on track for a "Riley" season....:whistle:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just checked ESPN for the hell of it. one of their writers has us playing Va Tech in Detroit. That would be huge because of the attention Beamer is going to get.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see why the ref made the call.
I don't think it's an issue between the hash-marks though. It's good defense until the sideline gets involved.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see why the ref made the call.
I don't think it's an issue between the hash-marks though. It's good defense until the sideline gets involved.

i think the call could have gone the either way...i just was screaming that the DB left arm was extended on Riley when he went out.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the call could have gone the either way...i just was screaming that the DB left arm was extended on Riley when he went out.

Yup. He was leaning on Reilly.

I think the evidence to the severity of it is that when Reilly stopped and cut back onto the field, the DB lost his balance and fell down.
It's like leaning against something with your arm outstretched and said object were to get pulled away. You're going to lose your balance and fall.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple books are now at -9.5 and under/over still at 65.5

I kind of like the Overs here. I see Nebraska scoring mid to upper 30's if they stay focused this week. Just not sure about Rutgers against the Husker DB's.
I don't see Rutgers having success rushing, so they'll be one dimensional. However, that hasn't stopped teams from putting points up against Nebraska through the air.

Rutgers has struggled to put up points against teams with good pass defenses.
Ohio St (5th). Rutgers scored 7 pts
Wisconsin (13th). Rutgers scored 10 pts
Michigan (3rd). Rutgers scored 16 pts
Penn St (2nd). Rutgers scored 3 pts

That's an average of 9 points per game.

In games where Rutgers put up 24+ points.
Indiana (126th). Rutgers scored 55 pts
Michigan St (90th). Rutgers scored 24 pts
Kansas (127th). Rutgers scored 27 pts
Washington St (52nd). Rutgers scored 37 pts.

That's an average of 35 pts against pass defenses ranked 50th or lower.

Nebraska is (124th) in pass defense.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carroo didn't play against Kansas, Wiscy, Michigan, or Penn St. i think he got injured against OSU and had 3 catches for 55 yds in the 1st half. he did play against Indiana, Mich St, and Wash St.

if you look at the stats, in the Indiana, Wash St, and Kansas games they did good because they got rushing yards, over 200 in each. I think as long as we are limiting their rushing game then keep the passing to our average of 320, that should do it.

oh and our offense comes out to play like big boys.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carroo didn't play against Kansas, Wiscy, Michigan, or Penn St. i think he got injured against OSU and had 3 catches for 55 yds in the 1st half. he did play against Indiana, Mich St, and Wash St.

if you look at the stats, in the Indiana, Wash St, and Kansas games they did good because they got rushing yards, over 200 in each. I think as long as we are limiting their rushing game then keep the passing to our average of 320, that should do it.

oh and our offense comes out to play like big boys.

Yes.

Completely ignore those 8 opponents OVERALL rankings in favor of one player. LOL

Those are not rankings of those teams against Rutgers and Rutgers alone. They are rankings encompassing their entire seasons thus far.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R_A, if we win out will you give the 'ol RileDog a pass on the year and hope for the best in 2016?