• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska Purdue MotherF*uckiN game thread. Let's Go!

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bootle, Barry, Willians are gamers. Gifford is close. D-line needs to get off blocks and get to the QB. Blough too much time. Chindalear (whatever his name) needed to dial up way more pressure early.

Offense was good in second half. If they had that production in the 1st the whole game would have went better. D might have had more time to rest and make adjustments. They hurt themselves a lot, dropping balls, poor blocking. I understand SF calling some of the passes but felt like he should have stuck with the run more in the first.

As all said, the refs were pretty poor. We had way too many self inflicted wounds and pile on the bad calls and the no calls on Purdue (missed PI, missed holds), just not a formula that will get us a win.

Sounded like SF was pretty passionate after the game, didn't call out specific guys but definitely put it on players. I think he can get it turned around but definitely going to be a long season unless they have some guy that can suddenly generate a pass rush.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the second half. Had to clean the garage for our new deep freeze that is being delivered tomorrow.

It's frustrating watching this team. To many on the outside, it looks like Frost is in over his head. I doubt that is the case. I still believe the right man for the job is in place. The talent gap is obvious. The revolving door coaching changes over the last few years creates confusion and insecurity among the veteran players. Inexperience plagues the young ones.
. It's gonna be a long road back. As long as we get there, I'm good.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bootle, Barry, Willians are gamers. Gifford is close. D-line needs to get off blocks and get to the QB. Blough too much time. Chindalear (whatever his name) needed to dial up way more pressure early.

Offense was good in second half. If they had that production in the 1st the whole game would have went better. D might have had more time to rest and make adjustments. They hurt themselves a lot, dropping balls, poor blocking. I understand SF calling some of the passes but felt like he should have stuck with the run more in the first.

As all said, the refs were pretty poor. We had way too many self inflicted wounds and pile on the bad calls and the no calls on Purdue (missed PI, missed holds), just not a formula that will get us a win.

Sounded like SF was pretty passionate after the game, didn't call out specific guys but definitely put it on players. I think he can get it turned around but definitely going to be a long season unless they have some guy that can suddenly generate a pass rush.
Perhaps we should call him Chandelier - pretty to look at, offenses see right through him, hard to change when broken.

Huskers did best running straight at Purdue but did it with much irregularity.

Is the Huskers identity going to be the new "Thug U"? At some point we have to wonder if some of these guys ever played a clean game of football. Are the penalties because they are out matched talent wise? Perhaps some of the guys just don't give a damn about their team mates and team.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost and staff need to bench the seniors and Jrs who aren't performing. It's time to let the true freshman and redshirt freshman and sophomores play this season is fucked time to play for the future. let the young ones get the PT and let ones who are worthless ride the bench and tell him don't let the door hit you on the ass the way out.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will somebody tell me why Pickering got a scholarship offer?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 11 more of Bootle and Barry

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost and staff need to bench the seniors and Jrs who aren't performing. It's time to let the true freshman and redshirt freshman and sophomores play this season is fucked time to play for the future. let the young ones get the PT and let ones who are worthless ride the bench and tell him don't let the door hit you on the ass the way out.
Lamar might as well played his last game for the N, he’s never looked like he even belongs in cfb, his current coaches have challenged him and he jogs around still while his guy is running for a td, punk bitch. Back in the day he’d got knocked the fuck out before he got off of the field, buy one or more of his own teammates

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar might as well played his last game for the N, he’s never looked like he even belongs in cfb, his current coaches have challenged him and he jogs around still while his guy is running for a td, punk bitch. Back in the day he’d got knocked the fuck out before he got off of the field, buy one or more of his own teammates

I heard last night Frost walked him to the bench and said “don’t move”

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalties to me seem like a combination of frustration and guys trying to hard to make something happen. Take Davis's roughing the passer, easy call, stupid mistake, I'm sure he was frustrated with never getting to the QB and also the lack of holding calls. Then like a holding penalty on Morgan, it was a borderline call, one the refs weren't giving us, but he's just trying to help his guy out.

Jackson, I feel like he gets a little more crap than he deserves, although I can only see what's happening on the TV. He hasn't looked horrible in coverage. If he's being lazy, I haven't witnessed it. Lee didn't look much different when he came in. He got sat after a phantom holding penalty on him, watched the play multiple times and couldn't fine what he actually did.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The penalties to me seem like a combination of frustration and guys trying to hard to make something happen. Take Davis's roughing the passer, easy call, stupid mistake, I'm sure he was frustrated with never getting to the QB and also the lack of holding calls. Then like a holding penalty on Morgan, it was a borderline call, one the refs weren't giving us, but he's just trying to help his guy out.

Jackson, I feel like he gets a little more crap than he deserves, although I can only see what's happening on the TV. He hasn't looked horrible in coverage. If he's being lazy, I haven't witnessed it. Lee didn't look much different when he came in. He got sat after a phantom holding penalty on him, watched the play multiple times and couldn't fine what he actually did.
It was when Lamar was dancing around after getting a holding call taking away an int for Dismuke, it’s not all him just stupid shit that happens repeatedly over and over. Like spearing a defender with your helmet while he’s laying on the ground, killing the whole drive.
There had to be alteast 5-6 times we gave them a first down by penalty when it was third and long

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Lee catch personal foul face-mask penalty away from the play?
TV replays couldn't find it or didn't show it.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure there were a few phantom penalties called. I'm pretty sure I saw two or three and I only watched the first half.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 of our 11 penalties were defensive, all seven gave Purdue a first down, 5 of the 7 were 15 yarders

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Lee catch personal foul face-mask penalty away from the play?
TV replays couldn't find it or didn't show it.
Yes he did. I didn't see it. Best guess, he was in bump and run and got the hands on the facemask during that initial contact.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m getting tired of press conferences and sound bites and catchy phrases from both coaching staff and players.

I’m 100% on board with Frost. But at some point everybody needs to just shut the fuck up. It’s all just words until winning happens.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that allowed? I had the same thought the other day and was curious if it is required that coaches give x amount of time each week?