• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska Basketball - making the right moves

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ye all thought Tom Osborne deserved his own statue outside of Memorial Stadium for what he was able to do for our football program, just wait until you see what he is able to do for our basketball program as well.

Brasky made a thread over on the main board with a bunch of pictures of the new facilities, but here is a link so you can flip through the pictures if you like. Photo Gallery: Hendricks Training Complex - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

This, along with the new stadium, is going to bring in recruits........guaranteed. LOL @ Nebraska going from worst basketball facilities in the country to arguably the best.

Also, I see that Tom has set Nebraska up with some preseason practice games. One of those is against Iowa State who is a very respectable basketball program. The results of that game won't be made to the public, but the most important thing is that the right moves are being made towards making progress in the near future. We have never had preseason games against teams like this before....

I know, it will be a few years.........but Doc is the future.......and Tom Osborne is an absolute genius. Soon we will have a basketball team to cheer for in the NCAA Tourney on a regular basis :cool:

With all that said Football >>>>> Basketball..........but ye all know how I love my Husker basketball team. I am so dadburned excited ever since Brasky posted thoses pics up!!!! :dance:

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right there with you JJM. The practice facility exceeded all of my expectations and I know it and the arena will help recruiting in a big way.

Read a couple quotes from current players and they were blown away also.

The guy from Hastings knows how to build a foundation doesn't he?

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow...very nice facilities! now its about the product on the court

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18.7 Million training center is nice........

340 Million Arena........... Could have been planned better so it wasn't so expensive, it's totally going to change downtown Lincoln, however for the better........ especially for gameday football cuz their be much more parking/accessibility to the west......

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bluechip recruits be turning down Kansas now en sech :pound:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellaz fellaz..........it'z all good............it be rainin dolla billz on the University of Nebraska en sech. In fact, we shoulda built a $340 Billion stadium :cool2:

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but they're also using the 160 to further develop the Haymarket, not just make room for the arena itself...

That be there sales pitch............. but that is bullshit....

50 Million going to the railroad alone........ that is not further developing in fact limiting rail access to industry is undeveloping......

Another 29 Million to roadways.......

Another 35 Million for parking facilities..... this be for football also....

The rest is for utilities/storm drains.....

And another 8 million to remove dirt........ that is there right now, but apparently not "safe"......... :L

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....Wait....Wait.... WAIT....

Nebraska has a basketball team? GTFO....

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the new practice courts look sweet...apparently the main floor will look just like them. i'm not sure if this change won't take place until the new arena is built or if they are going to change the devaney floor this year...but they looked fucking awesome.