• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ND vs Louisville Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well season looks over but its not. We Finish 9-3 against back to back wins against rank teams ND still has a good shot at a good bowl game and give them some very important experience going into next year.

Next year is the Big year and there will be no excuses for Kelly Next year. 12-0 or 11-1 next year or he is Gone.

Lets Go Irish

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually the optimistic type but I don't see ND beating Louisville and USC. Don't get me wrong I will be yelling at the tv and rooting for the Irish but I just don't see it. We may be able to get Louisville at home but I don't think they can go to USC and win. It has been aggravating watching this team completely fall apart. Folston is obviously the best back we have but not utilizing Bryant and Cam as a carousel of backs giving breathers and continuing to pound the ball is baffling. Golson has too much on his shoulders to win the game himself and it's finally showing in his play. Next yr seems to be a softer schedule, but who knows?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually the optimistic type but I don't see ND beating Louisville and USC. Don't get me wrong I will be yelling at the tv and rooting for the Irish but I just don't see it. We may be able to get Louisville at home but I don't think they can go to USC and win. It has been aggravating watching this team completely fall apart. Folston is obviously the best back we have but not utilizing Bryant and Cam as a carousel of backs giving breathers and continuing to pound the ball is baffling. Golson has too much on his shoulders to win the game himself and it's finally showing in his play. Next yr seems to be a softer schedule, but who knows?

I agree they really needed last week to get to 9 wins and they just played like crap at key moments and gave the game away.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame comes into this game a three point favorite. I have no reason to believe this isn't a winnable game. The entire question lies in the fact that can they come out focused and play an intelligent game. Can Kelly call a good game, can Brian VanGorder pick up the pieces from a unit in recent shambles , can Everett Golson focus on protecting the ball and letting the playmakers on the field do the bulk of the work, can the rbs and tight ends and line pick up blitzes? These are the questions. Right now my biggest concern might be the defense. I honestly believe if we play smart we have a chance to win out, that's a big if. The last three losses have been team losses and many of the players share blame. It's about time they man up and right the ship. I'll be crossing my fingers. I'd have a short leash on Golson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we play 1 game with out a godson turnover. He really needs to work on this.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we play 1 game with out a godson turnover. He really needs to work on this.

In all honesty I feel sorry for the kid. If you read body language or facial expressions you can see he is perplexed and embarrassed and almost always has that shocked look on his face. I think he really wants to do it all and to much has been laid on his shoulders by Brian Kelly. I don't think he's a bad kid, he's a young kid who made a mistake and wants nothing more than make amends for his bad decisions last year. I want this kid to succeed big time, I couldn't be pulling harder but unfortunately he has to be nearing the end if his game doesn't turn around. Folston and Koyack can't miss blitz pickups and the linemen have to block all the way through the play and not allow pass after pass to get batted down. Golson has to say to himself that he has a ton of talent out there with him and he doesn't have to be Superman. Kelly should have made this abundantly clear weeks ago and he should also be doing everything to help him out in every respect. If it doesn't work out soon Kelly simply has to give Zaire a chance to show what he can do out of respect to his teammates and to the fan base. Plain and simple Golson should have been told a long time ago he doesn't have to do it all. He should concentrate on being a facilitator not being the answer to every question. Start throwing the ball to Koyack too, it's getting embarrassing how they neglect him in the game plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to quote Brady Quinn, "now I'm done."

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
koyack having a disappointed year.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I'd never say the season is over. I considered it a challenge to the coaching staff and the team to suck it up and try to finish the season off right. I was never one of those folks who thought it was probable that we'd be a playoff team. There were a lot of Notre Dame fans putting the cart before the horse. We'd have had no problem getting in the final four if we'd have won out. We didn't.

It's time for the tough to get going. This is when you find out how good your coaches are and how mentally tough your team can and will be. This is where the tire meets the road. If we win out I consider this a good season and recruiting will still be in check. If we lose the wheels could fall off and who knows after that. Kelly will be back next season no matter what in my opinion. So in the end the real season is just getting started, I hope someone has the nerve to let the team and the coaches in on the secret.

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game will be in between "convincing win" and "embarrassing loss".
But I am not really sure.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see if they can fix this flat tire. As a fan today's game means just about everything. To me it's always about improving and we fell flat on our face in that regard. A loss would be scary, a win would mean to me we still have a chance to end this the right way. Beating Bobby Petrino Cardinals and then USC would be awesome. I hope we find the will and the way to get it done.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been outsmarted and out focused in our losses but it's hard to say we've been outclassed. This season has been a season of mental letdowns. Most of our errors and ill ways have been right between the ears. It hasn't been as much simply getting beat by better athletes.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ us being favored by 3.5. Thank God for home field advantage? :noidea:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just join the fucking ACC so you stop getting hosed by bad calls. This team is playing like shit and Golson needs to be on the bench he has no confidence at all it's obvious.