• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA's falling stars in 2013

ciprian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stumbled upon an interesting article and was thinking some of you might enjoy reading it.

Any opinions?

8 NBA 'Stars' Getting Worse in 2013 | Bleacher Report

And talking about rumors, Rudy Gay, supposedly on its way to Washington, is in there too:2cents:

hi-res-158835945_display_image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sure how they ranked them but I don't see how you can put Dwight Howard at #8 and Roy Hibbert at #2.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report sure does love to do lists.

As for the column,

#8- Howard: Kind of unfair to judge him until he's actually healthy. His attitude still sucks at times but still.

#7- Monta Ellis: What's so shocking? He's always just been a scorer. People are shocked the Jennings/Ellis combo didn't work? Pretty sure GS traded him away because he didn't fit with a young guard that could shoot.

#6-Rudy Gay: His numbers are down because the people around him got better. But I think he's capped out as a talent anyway. He's always going to be the Andre Igudala typed player that's just a borderline all-star who can't be your #1 option, but could most certainly be a great side kick.

#5- Pau Gasol: Can't disagree here. He's getting older and his numbers have been dipping for 2 years now. There's a reason LA traded him for Paul (thanks Stern). It's not helping that he's pouting a lot because he and D'Antoni don't get along

#4- Joe Johnson: Not a shocker, but I wouldn't really call him a star either. Plus he's on a different team under a different system. And by different system I mean one that no longer allows him to just stand around and jack up shots when he feels like it.

#3- Deron Williams: He's slipped, but he's gotten better since his coach was fired

#2-Roy Hibbert: Can't believe people considered him a star to begin with. He was an all-star last year by default.

#1-Amare Stoudamire: Much like Howard, its totally unfair to judge him since he's been injured for 98% of the season

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still in shock about Roy Hibbert's max deal. That's going to get him Kwame kind of criticism right there alone.

I'm afraid Amare's days of dominance are long gone. He's always going to be injured.