• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBADraft.net

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

If it looks like the draft will go like this, I would favor trading all four picks and Dorell Wright for all three of the Cavs picks. Barnes, Gordon and Tyshawn Taylor would make the Warriors instant playoff contenders, and a very good team in three years. (Draymond Green and Ezeli are good value picks, too, but I think Gordon and Taylor fit needs better.)

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That draft sucks. There's no way Sullinger falls to #19. Regardless, I would hope that the Warriors take John Henson before they would take Lamb. Lamb is a good player, but the Warriors do not need another shooting guard. Henson has his issues, but he is going to be a poor-man's Marcus Camby at the very worst in the NBA. The kid is long and has quick enough feet that he will be solid defensively from the very first day he arrives. Golden State has Steph and Klay and Wright and Lee who can all score. They need a defensive guy like Henson. If the kid ever learns to score 12 per game, he will be an all-star.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft sucks. There's no way Sullinger falls to #19. Regardless, I would hope that the Warriors take John Henson before they would take Lamb. Lamb is a good player, but the Warriors do not need another shooting guard. Henson has his issues, but he is going to be a poor-man's Marcus Camby at the very worst in the NBA. The kid is long and has quick enough feet that he will be solid defensively from the very first day he arrives. Golden State has Steph and Klay and Wright and Lee who can all score. They need a defensive guy like Henson. If the kid ever learns to score 12 per game, he will be an all-star.

Reports of back issues actually make this a real possibility. I agree that he is a Top 10 talent, but in this draft, health risks and low floors will slip even more than in the past. However, I don't mind a scenario where the Warriors trade back with Houston and grab Terrence Jones and Sully. I agree that this mock isn't a good one for the Dubs. I was just using it as an example of a situation where they should definitely trade out of number 7. Up or Down. I don't care. It would be great if they could swoop in and steal MKG or Barnes. I don't like Lamb, Leonard, Waiters or Henson at 7, but I hope another team does. :charlie:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reports of back issues actually make this a real possibility. I agree that he is a Top 10 talent, but in this draft, health risks and low floors will slip even more than in the past. However, I don't mind a scenario where the Warriors trade back with Houston and grab Terrence Jones and Sully. I agree that this mock isn't a good one for the Dubs. I was just using it as an example of a situation where they should definitely trade out of number 7. Up or Down. I don't care. It would be great if they could swoop in and steal MKG or Barnes. I don't like Lamb, Leonard, Waiters or Henson at 7, but I hope another team does. :charlie:

I just saw that. I was unaware of the report when I made that post. That definitely changes the scope of the draft. Still, if Henson is available at 7, the Warriors should take him over Lamb.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What I would really like to see is the Warriors either trading up to grab MKG or trading the pick and a player for a veteran SF.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would really like to see is the Warriors either trading up to grab MKG or trading the pick and a player for a veteran SF.

This. Unable to Rep. I'm fine with trading up for Barnes, too, but if MKG is there, he is highest on my big board.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2012 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

The new one.

Terrence Ross Mix - YouTube

I'd love him as a 2, as a 3, I don't think so. Imagine him trying to defend James, Pierce or Melo. :yield:

Thanks for the update Ek.

That website just blows. The Warriors had Ross and Terrence Jones in for a workout together last week, hoping one would stand out against the others. Unfortunately, the team was not impressed with either.

Since GM Bob Myers and legend Jerry West have BOTH said to reporters this week that the Warriors will take the best player available regardless of position, there is just no way that Ross is the BPA at 7.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford has us grabbing Drummond now, with Lilliard going 6th and Waiters 8th.

I don't see it. Selecting a guy who might be good three years from now doesn't seem to go with the aggressive, win now approach the new owners seem to have. We'll see.

Analysis: "The Warriors are desperate to add an athletic big to their front line. So Drummond should be a no-brainer, right? Wrong. The front office and ownership also love players with a great motor, which Drummond lacks. But while he's not an ideal fit, I don't think the Warriors will be able to pass on Drummond if he slides this far. If they do pass on him, however, Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller are in the mix.

"The dark-horse pick is Washington's Terrence Ross. Jerry West is a big fan and was the mastermind behind last year's Klay Thompson pick. Ross isn't a perfect fit either, but the Warriors will focus on collecting assets at this point."

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullinger not invited to draft as he is not expected to go above 15

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update Ek.

That website just blows. The Warriors had Ross and Terrence Jones in for a workout together last week, hoping one would stand out against the others. Unfortunately, the team was not impressed with either.

Since GM Bob Myers and legend Jerry West have BOTH said to reporters this week that the Warriors will take the best player available regardless of position, there is just no way that Ross is the BPA at 7.

No that was Perry Jones and Terence Jones who were in for the workout, not Terrence Ross.

For the record I love T. Ross. I think he's underrated. He's a good defender, and it's rare you see a guy with both a sweet stroke and the athleticism to take it hard to the basket.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No that was Perry Jones and Terence Jones who were in for the workout, not Terrence Ross.

For the record I love T. Ross. I think he's underrated. He's a good defender, and it's rare you see a guy with both a sweet stroke and the athleticism to take it hard to the basket.

You are right. My apologies. That's what I get for answering at 5:00 in the morning after just waking up.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. My apologies. That's what I get for answering at 5:00 in the morning after just waking up.

Oh no problem, just wanted to clarify it. Also, coincidentally and unfortunately, Ross was supposed to work out for the dubs on Sunday but had a sprained ankle .

I wonder how they feel about Q.Miller and Harkless after their workouts.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no problem, just wanted to clarify it. Also, coincidentally and unfortunately, Ross was supposed to work out for the dubs on Sunday but had a sprained ankle .

I wonder how they feel about Q.Miller and Harkless after their workouts.

My guess: "Let's hope one of them is there at 30."

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harkless is a real option at #7.:spy:

I don't think that is a very good value pick at 7. As always, I defer to The Logo, but if Harkless is the guy that he wants, I hope they trade down and pick up some other assets.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could very easily see the Warriors drafting Lillard if he's available and trading down to a team in love with him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is a very good value pick at 7. As always, I defer to The Logo, but if Harkless is the guy that he wants, I hope they trade down and pick up some other assets.

Why isn't that a good value pick? I'm hearing that he's an option at #8 too. He's a great fit, as well as possibly being the bpa at 7.

I heard he had a really good workout and is a real option.

I also heard that The Logo has suggested MKG, Beal (duh), Zeller, as well as Terrence Ross.

I really like Ross, just as a 2. To tell you the truth, I think Klay's game is like that of a point forward. It's just the defensive part that concerns me, until I remember how Mullin was always able to get by with quick hands and a high IQ.

Chris Mullin: The ultimate gym rat - YouTube

Klay Thompson "Replacing Monta" 2011- 2012 Highlights - YouTube

Terrence Ross 2012 NBA Draft Video - YouTube

I wouldn't be upset with these two on the wing.

At the same time though, if we would be willing to run Klay at the 3, I would rather go with Lamb to play the 2. He's my favorite sg in this draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxbtin3UBjw&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't that a good value pick? I'm hearing that he's an option at #8 too. He's a great fit, as well as possibly being the bpa at 7.

I heard he had a really good workout and is a real option.

I also heard that The Logo has suggested MKG, Beal (duh), Zeller, as well as Terrence Ross.

I really like Ross, just as a 2. To tell you the truth, I think Klay's game is like that of a point forward. It's just the defensive part that concerns me, until I remember how Mullin was always able to get by with quick hands and a high IQ.

Chris Mullin: The ultimate gym rat - YouTube

Klay Thompson "Replacing Monta" 2011- 2012 Highlights - YouTube

Terrence Ross 2012 NBA Draft Video - YouTube

I wouldn't be upset with these two on the wing.

At the same time though, if we would be willing to run Klay at the 3, I would rather go with Lamb to play the 2. He's my favorite sg in this draft.

Jeremy Lamb Ultimate Highlight Mix - YouTube

Because there isn't a single team that would pick him until the teens. I don't have any insider information (no "I heards"), but by looking at the rosters, I don't see why the Raptors, Pistons, Hornets, Blazers or Bucks would take Harkless with Waiters, Lamb, Rivers, Lillard, Henson, Ross, Leonard and/or Zeller likely still on the board (not to mention talented "tweener" players like Perry and Terrence Jones and injury-roll-of-the-dice Sully). Unfortunately for the Warriors, there are at least two teams ahead of them that need a great wing defender as much as the Dubs.

I like Moe's game, but he can be had in the mid-teens. There is far too much talent in this draft to believe that he is a Top 10 pick. As far as Klay, you're right. He can't guard good threes in this game. Mullin got away with his slow feet because he played in a more physical time with an up-tempo offense and a coach that didn't emphasize D. Asking Thompson to guard Kevin Durant, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, etc. would be a disaster. I'm fine with drafting BPA (even though I prefer trading up and grabbing MKG or Barnes because either one also fills a need), but at 7, Moe Harkless is not that player.