• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Talk 2021

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing I would balk at adding to get a team to take D'Angelo Russell. I would be happy to part with Kat to dump that piece of shit.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing I would balk at adding to get a team to take D'Angelo Russell. I would be happy to part with Kat to dump that piece of shit.
At least you found someone you can hate more than Wiggins

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you found someone you can hate more than Wiggins

I never really hated Wiggins. He definitely was not worth his contract, but at least he always had the potential to be worth it.

Russell is not redeemable. He might be the worst defensive player in the league, and his favorite shot is the contested fade away long 2.

I have dealt with a lot of terrible wolves teams, this is the first time I can recall hating watching them. I would never cheer or hope for a player to be hurt, but I sure have enjoyed the season a lot more recently.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really hated Wiggins. He definitely was not worth his contract, but at least he always had the potential to be worth it.

Russell is not redeemable. He might be the worst defensive player in the league, and his favorite shot is the contested fade away long 2.

I have dealt with a lot of terrible wolves teams, this is the first time I can recall hating watching them. I would never cheer or hope for a player to be hurt, but I sure have enjoyed the season a lot more recently.

I disageee. Wiggins hasn’t had that since his extension kicked in.

we know what he is at this point. A gernerally replacement level player who is an elite athlete.

Russell had a season of 3.4 vorp, Wiggins doesn’t have that for his career (.2 career vorp).

Wiggins this year isn’t even as good as Russell.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we know what he is at this point. A gernerally replacement level player who is an elite athlete.

Russell had a season of 3.4 vorp, Wiggins doesn’t have that for his career (.2 career vorp).

I think they should start tracking the number of times a defender loses site of their man, and then when they find them do not bother to even attempt a close out allowing an uncontested 3. They could name it a Russell.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Sixers...stand pat. There are rumors they might make a run at Kyle Lowry but I don't want them to trade promising your prospects like Tyrese Maxey, Mattise Thybulle or Paul Reed. Stand pat with this nucleus, and run it back next year if needed.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also VORP is extremely Offensive reliant, it especially favors ball dominant players. All advanced stats to some extent don't properly equate defense, but VORP is especially bad at it. I would never question Russel's ability to hit his contested fade away long 2's.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also VORP is extremely Offensive reliant, it especially favors ball dominant players. All advanced stats to some extent don't properly equate defense, but VORP is especially bad at it. I would never question Russel's ability to hit his contested fade away long 2's.
Bpm gives Russell an even bigger advantage

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bpm gives Russell an even bigger advantage

VORP is just BPM accounting for minutes played. I am not saying the stats are junk, just that they are not a real indicator of a better player. It is the same reason I did not bring up Wiggins superior Win Shares, it sides with my argument, but the stat is just as(maybe more flawed) than vorp.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Sixers...stand pat. There are rumors they might make a run at Kyle Lowry but I don't want them to trade promising your prospects like Tyrese Maxey, Mattise Thybulle or Paul Reed. Stand pat with this nucleus, and run it back next year if needed.

I would probably be fine with trading one of them for Lowry plus contract filler but not if it also means adding picks. Giving up multiple assets for 34 year old PG on an expiring contract seems like a not great idea.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably be fine with trading one of them for Lowry plus contract filler but not if it also means adding picks. Giving up multiple assets for 34 year old PG on an expiring contract seems like a not great idea.
If it’s just a rental yes. But you also get his bird rights. You can’t add him this summer without it.

George hill would also fit here and be much cheaper

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

We'll give you back your 1st and our 1st for 2021 too. We even helped Wiggins improve so you're getting back a better version.

EVERYONE WINS.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

We'll give you back your 1st and our 1st for 2021 too. We even helped Wiggins improve so you're getting back a better version.

EVERYONE WINS.

Honestly I thought this would be terrible, but outside of taking Wiggins back I like it. If Wiggins could be rerouted for something like the Drummond expiring? hell yeah. Maybe Send the Warriors 21 in the trade and something like Culver or Okogie.

1. Cade Cunningham
2. Beasley
3. Edwards
4. McDaniels
5. Wiseman

Key Bench: Reid, Vanderbilt, Rubio

This is not a significant talent downgrade and the Wolves are out of cap hell.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in almost complete agreement with you. I think they need another 3 and D wing that can take minutes away from Danny Green. He can’t be on the floor for 30 minutes. He would be more effective playing 18-20 a game.

Also, Kyle Lowry isn’t a fit with this group and costs too much in assets.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

@CitySushi @dtgold88 I am not sure who is the resident Knicks guy would be to loop in. Cavs would get the Warriors 1st mentioned. Is a first and an asset enough to take on 2 years of bad Wiggins contract?

I figure if we all agree we will send it on to the GM's

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

@CitySushi @dtgold88 I am not sure who is the resident Knicks guy would be to loop in. Cavs would get the Warriors 1st mentioned. Is a first and an asset enough to take on 2 years of bad Wiggins contract?

I figure if we all agree we will send it on to the GM's
Doubt the Cavs on this board would want Wiggins. Wiggins has played much, much better with the Warriors. Honestly I think NY would want him likely over D'Lo. Thibbs is still high on him and was an integral part of the Warriors trading for him. He vouched for Wiggins.

Maybe the Bulls for Otto Porter Jr's expiring?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt the Cavs on this board would want Wiggins. Wiggins has played much, much better with the Warriors. Honestly I think NY would want him likely over D'Lo. Thibbs is still high on him and was an integral part of the Warriors trading for him. He vouched for Wiggins.

Maybe the Bulls for Otto Porter Jr's expiring?
I don't like it....but I guess don't hate it with GS pick attached. Have to assume their own and not Minnesota pick.