• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Playoffs - HELP with "predicting" when Bucks play

tootsie778

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all -- I need someone who knows the NBA and how this works really badly. Conundrum:

Bought husband tickets to a TBD game for the Bucks. Rumor has it the game will be April 13th. So I foolishly bought tickets AND booked the hotel.

Today I was told they may not play until April 19th?!

My question: How on earth do you make an educated guess, on when they will play? Is there a formula used or is it literally a luck of the draw? I am stressing out trying to book this secret surprise birthday trip for him. :(

ANY help would be great. I saw a posted schedule for April 13th and April 14th - no teams listed. Problem is, it only had 6 games listed, which means 12 teams, but I understand there are actually 16 teams. So confusing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FragrantWildIndianrhinoceros-small.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meet me at my place and I will tell you the details, you just have to do one thing for me :harbaugh:

tootsie778

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What an incredibly helpful and nice group of people.

tootsie778

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No - but your personality is. Go fuck yourselves.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all -- I need someone who knows the NBA and how this works really badly. Conundrum:

Bought husband tickets to a TBD game for the Bucks. Rumor has it the game will be April 13th. So I foolishly bought tickets AND booked the hotel.

My question: How on earth do you make an educated guess, on when they will play? Is there a formula used or is it literally a luck of the draw? I am stressing out trying to book this secret surprise birthday trip for him. :(

ANY help would be great. I saw a posted schedule for April 13th and April 14th - no teams listed. Problem is, it only had 6 games listed, which means 12 teams, but I understand there are actually 16 teams. So confusing.
until the playoffs are set you cant know for sure when they will play.

At least you KNOW that the bucks will have home court advantage and open up at home for the first 2 games of their series.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your information is correct.

The first day of the playoffs is Saturday, April 13th and the second day is Sunday, April 14th.

Since the first 2 days are weekends, the last few years they have had 4 games each day, so every team plays once over the course of opening weekend.

Stop stressing. Your hotel reservations should be safe and will line up with game 1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should however add that game 1 may be on the 14th instead of the 13th in Milwaukee.

April 19th will be around the time of their first road game. But I will go out on a limb and guess you aren't buying tickets for that since we don't know who they are playing yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should however add that game 1 may be on the 14th instead of the 13th in Milwaukee.

April 19th will be around the time of their first road game. But I will go out on a limb and guess you aren't buying tickets for that since we don't know who they are playing yet.

Plus most hotels let you cancel until a certain date. Not always but pretty much every hotel I have dealt with.