• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Colin is he changes hos stance on a subject over time and tries to play the game where he was right. He did say he thought Baker would be a franchise QB but that was before he said he would be a bust. I mean we can all keep changing our opinions and eventually be right. My only issue with him.

They all do that to some extent. Shit, I remember when the Lakers got Dwight and Nash...Magic Johnson was on ESPN saying "The Lakers are back" and it's "going to be Lakers vs. Heat in the finals".

Then, when it didn't work, he went back on ESPN and destroyed the Lakers front office for getting them.

At least, from what I've seen, when he changes his opinion it's usually with an admission that his initial opinion was wrong. Like with the Raiders, his opinion changed...but he announced it during his "Where Colin was right/Where Colin was wrong" segment.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew that was coming as soon it was announced they had been in contact. lol
Last in passing ypg and 27th in ppg allowed.

They have a young secondary and he gives them a veteran influence.....let the jokes commence. I'm strictly talking about football.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was time for a parade.

It means we have learned how to win close games.
Didn't you say they won 4 close games last year (4-4)? Never mind 9 is 2 scores.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Colin is he changes hos stance on a subject over time and tries to play the game where he was right. He did say he thought Baker would be a franchise QB but that was before he said he would be a bust. I mean we can all keep changing our opinions and eventually be right. My only issue with him.
I didn't see the actual quote/context but was he trying to claim he was right all along?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all do that to some extent. Shit, I remember when the Lakers got Dwight and Nash...Magic Johnson was on ESPN saying "The Lakers are back" and it's "going to be Lakers vs. Heat in the finals".

Then, when it didn't work, he went back on ESPN and destroyed the Lakers front office for getting them.

At least, from what I've seen, when he changes his opinion it's usually with an admission that his initial opinion was wrong. Like with the Raiders, his opinion changed...but he announced it during his "Where Colin was right/Where Colin was wrong" segment.
totally agree...if he just changed his mind that is to be commended for admitting he was wrong. If he still made those comments as though he was right........?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the actual quote/context but was he trying to claim he was right all along?
Not about this time but if you watch him or have watched his stuff that is his gimmick. I think he is pretty knowledgeable and used to watch his Blazing 5 picks he just got carried away with Baker. I remember watching him when Baker was drafted and he was making a huge deal about his off-the-field issues and how he wouldn’t make it in the league. Then as Baker improved he said he would be a franchise QB but always downplayed it. Then he always takes jabs at him like Minshew had similiar numbers so he can do what Baker has done. Just shit like that. Let me be clear, it’s ALWAYS about him being right or wrong and he will admit when he is wrong but always has an out. Your classic radio/tv guy there, I liked him better when he was just a radio guy as well

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA to dock pay for missed games related to local covid-19 vaccine mandates

Unvaccinated NBA players in NYC & S.F. will not be paid for missed games resulting from local covid-19 vaccine mandates that prevent them from playing, the league announced Wednesday.

Yo Kyrie, Beal & Wiggins- better get your shot dumb-dumbs. And it's great those three anti-vaxxers can't blame this on the league.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not about this time but if you watch him or have watched his stuff that is his gimmick. I think he is pretty knowledgeable and used to watch his Blazing 5 picks he just got carried away with Baker. I remember watching him when Baker was drafted and he was making a huge deal about his off-the-field issues and how he wouldn’t make it in the league. Then as Baker improved he said he would be a franchise QB but always downplayed it. Then he always takes jabs at him like Minshew had similiar numbers so he can do what Baker has done. Just shit like that. Let me be clear, it’s ALWAYS about him being right or wrong and he will admit when he is wrong but always has an out. Your classic radio/tv guy there, I liked him better when he was just a radio guy as well

To be fair, most of the doubts he had about Baker were shared by a lot of people. It's not as if Baker didn't come with some baggage, have a couple of missteps and didn't have a regression. Just like a lot of people who doubted him, when he got an adult for a head coach and started responding to the better coaching...Cowherd started adjusting his opinion.

Some of that is on Browns fans too. They were way too sensitive about Baker and jumped all over Cowherd and others if anyone made any criticism about Baker, no matter how deserved it may have been.

Heck, I remember when folks on here made some of the same criticisms and, with the exception of @Wamu...I don't think some of you would defend your Mom's or wives the way you defended Baker. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, most of the doubts he had about Baker were shared by a lot of people. It's not as if Baker didn't come with some baggage, have a couple of missteps and didn't have a regression. Just like a lot of people who doubted him, when he got an adult for a head coach and started responding to the better coaching...Cowherd started adjusting his opinion.

Some of that is on Browns fans too. They were way too sensitive about Baker and jumped all over Cowherd and others if anyone made any criticism about Baker, no matter how deserved it may have been.

Heck, I remember when folks on here made some of the same criticisms and, with the exception of @Wamu...I don't think some of you would defend your Mom's or wives the way you defended Baker. lol
Problem overall with Baker is way too many are fanboys or harsh critics. No in between.

Hell, when he was picked I was fine they took him but had my doubts. Played well as a rookie but I was on same side as wamu and did not like him going into 2019 and 2020. Mostly just wanted to him to shut up and play. And, sure, was concerned with how he played under Freddie but clear that was Freddie for the most part.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem overall with Baker is way too many are fanboys or harsh critics. No in between.

Hell, when he was picked I was fine they took him but had my doubts. Played well as a rookie but I was on same side as wamu and did not like him going into 2019 and 2020. Mostly just wanted to him to shut up and play. And, sure, was concerned with how he played under Freddie but clear that was Freddie for the most part.

Yeah, I'm not a fanboy (although I do like him). I thought he could play and at least be a franchise qb, but had my doubts about whether or not he could mature enough to get there. Glad the Browns realized their mistake and brought in a real coach because Baker is now a big part of what makes them fun to watch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wore a jacket today for the first time since May. The ridiculous stretch of weather is here

This late September/early October- Middle of May. 7+ months of fall/winter is here

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wore a jacket today for the first time since May. The ridiculous stretch of weather is here

This late September/early October- Middle of May. 7+ months of fall/winter is here

I love the cold weather (although cold can be a very different thing where you are than where I am lol).

Right now, it's 69 degrees in my house and I have the back sliding glass door open with a fan in front of it to bring in more cold air.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Lane Kiffin is going to be on Dan Patrick and DP is going to ask him about rumors that he could return to USC. This could be good. lol

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give him credit for having a player like Brees where he passed a lot and now has changed his offensive philosophy....that doesn't happen a lot in the NFL.

*Paging Matt Nagy who has a QB like Fields*

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This x10.

It wasn't like Mayfield was some can't miss prospect.....there were questions about him coming into the NFL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the cold weather (although cold can be a very different thing where you are than where I am lol).

Right now, it's 69 degrees in my house and I have the back sliding glass door open with a fan in front of it to bring in more cold air.
Been loving the weather here in CA.

Dreading returning to MT before the move to Nashville mid October.