• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman back.

Reggie Bush to have Heisman Trophy returned​

Now the question is....will the NCAA give USC their wins and NC back.
Why would they get wins and national championship back?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman back.

Reggie Bush to have Heisman Trophy returned​

Now the question is....will the NCAA give USC their wins and NC back.
Not trying to be a D but serious question...do you care? I guess better to have it restored than not but you saw the game and know your team won it.

Obviously a far different level so likely matters but when they took away our wins and a bowl win for tattoo gate I didn't think much of it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 reasons...

The wins were vacated due to Bush and his families actions and the NCAA never proved that USC knew or was involved in any way.
I think the only reason they gave the Heisman back is the NIL changes. Schools are still going to be responsible for the rules in place. I personally think it was bad to give it back but in truth it doesn’t matter I guess.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be a D but serious question...do you care? I guess better to have it restored than not but you saw the game and know your team won it.

Obviously a far different level so likely matters but when they took away our wins and a bowl win for tattoo gate I didn't think much of it.

I have actually been against Reggie getting the Heisman back, but in favor of getting the wins and NC back.

The only reason I care is it would be the NCAA having to admit they were full of shit and always have been when it comes to how the selectively enforce their rules.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually been against Reggie getting the Heisman back, but in favor of getting the wins and NC back.

The only reason I care is it would be the NCAA having to admit they were full of shit and always have been when it comes to how the selectively enforce their rules.
I get that.....again, far different level but how the hell could OSU get a bowl ban for tattoo gate? I mean, the NCAA knew what they did and still let the players play in the bowl game. Made no sense other than NCAA does what they want I guess.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 reasons...

The wins were vacated due to Bush and his families actions and the NCAA never proved that USC knew or was involved in any way.
USC violated NCAA rules and based on the NCAA system, they also punished them for lack of cooperation in reporting violations.

There are no grounds to reinstate wins or national championships because USC still violated NCAA rules that warranted sanctions in the eyes of the NCAA.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is on the way out anyway, just a matter of time until the talking heads come up with a new governing body.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC violated NCAA rules and based on the NCAA system, they also punished them for lack of cooperation in reporting violations.

There are no grounds to reinstate wins or national championships because USC still violated NCAA rules that warranted sanctions in the eyes of the NCAA.

Not true. The NCAA never proved their case which is why the wording "should have known" was used. In fact, there was evidence presented in Todd McNairs defamation suit that the NCAA was working towards a pre-determined outcome (e-mails and overheard convos).

Also, the NCAA said in their ruling that USC was cooperative. In fact, Pete Carroll cooperated even though he didn't have to as was already in Seattle.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. The NCAA never proved their case which is why the wording "should have known" was used. In fact, there was evidence presented in Todd McNairs defamation suit that the NCAA was working towards a pre-determined outcome (e-mails and overheard convos).

Also, the NCAA said in their ruling that USC was cooperative. In fact, Pete Carroll cooperated even though he didn't have to as was already in Seattle.
Non compliance by a student athlete is the responsibility of the school in the eyes of the NCAA. “Should have known” is the original and only standard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non compliance by a student athlete is the responsibility of the school in the eyes of the NCAA. “Should have known” is the original and only standard.

Not true. The NCAA has always had to have proof to back their claim. They had none.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. The NCAA has always had to have proof to back their claim. They had none.
USC obviously went along with it or it would still be in the courts. Right?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh what? The only court case was Todd McNairs lawsuit. The NCAA was forced to settle.
I’m just saying you are saying the ncaa had no proof but USC accepted the punishment. Those things are negotiated sometimes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just saying you are saying the ncaa had no proof but USC accepted the punishment. Those things are negotiated sometimes.

Since when is accepting the punishment a choice? USC didn't "accept" the punishment. They fought it as long as they could. They chose not to file a lawsuit that was going to take years to go through the courts. Meanwhile, still having to serve the sanctions.