• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA head coach joins the concussion discussion

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears this coach had more concussions than he is letting on

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pre-Goodell Era fans ate up the viciousness of the NFL and now that media has made it a sin to cheer on what made the NFL such a gladiator-like sport people have now changed their minds...

Honestly I believe many who are just going with the trend are sheeple. The affect of head injuries have been long known in our minds but Pre-Goodell fans just didn't care to recognize it, instead they just told themselves it goes with the territory of being an athlete. Muhammad Ali, maybe the most recognizable name in sports was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1984. People still loved boxing, especially when Mike Tyson was truly knocking boxer's out.

As a fan I see it getting out of hand. Every hit to the head is being examined. Players who can still compete are being removed from competition. I get being cautious and trying to save the game from a huge pending lawsuit, but the game is going soft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-Goodell Era fans ate up the viciousness of the NFL and now that media has made it a sin to cheer on what made the NFL such a gladiator-like sport people have now changed their minds...

Honestly I believe many who are just going with the trend are sheeple. The affect of head injuries have been long known in our minds but Pre-Goodell fans just didn't care to recognize it, instead they just told themselves it goes with the territory of being an athlete. Muhammad Ali, maybe the most recognizable name in sports was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1984. People still loved boxing, especially when Mike Tyson was truly knocking boxer's out.

As a fan I see it getting out of hand. Every hit to the head is being examined. Players who can still compete are being removed from competition. I get being cautious and trying to save the game from a huge pending lawsuit, but the game is going soft.

with players getting bigger and stronger those pre-goodall days are over.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the game is getting soft, but that quote coming from that guy is pretty bad.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Medicine and technology are also getting better.

Either way, it's become politically incorrect to speak against the treatment of players when it comes to concussions. I do think it's an issue, and in some cases a serious one, but it is getting a bit out of hand.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does that rule also apply to High School players, who by my preception seem to be having head injuries at a higher frequency rate than the NFL pre-Goodell?

Clyde makes a point that the equipment is getting better, but I wonder if that can be counterproductive. Can it be true that the better the equipment the more of a weapon the equipment can be?

My take is that less football players are in the league now. Instead we have these athletes that are reckless without abandon patrolling on the defensive side of the ball. They're taking bad angles going for the vicious flashy plays rather than a technically sound tackle. AND/OR The transition to a passing league has caused the game to be far more dangerous. I think that's a factor majority will agree with. So to counter the motive to pass the ball should the NFL make the RB a more protected position?