• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? I am not overreacting. I thought the Warriors were better in July and I have seen nothing to make me think otherwise.

The Warriors are better in every facet of the game and they have home court advantage. The Cavs are really good, but the Warriors are truly great.

If the Warriors are truly great they would have won 74 regular season games. They suck & just got plain lucky in game 1. Series is over, Cavs in 5. Pretty sure I'm not sober right now. I need some iced tea.

:kermit:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people worry about the way Klay is shooting the ball? Klay is playing great defense and his shot will come around eventually.

Yikes, and I feel that Cleveland still hasn't gotten the best from the Warriors. Game 2 is a must win for the Cav's, if they go down 0-2, I expect Warriors to finish it in 5 games. All give LeCry one game at home.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors are truly great they would have won 74 regular season games. They suck & just got plain lucky in game 1. Series is over, Cavs in 5. Pretty sure I'm not sober right now. I need some iced tea.

I was going to say are you on something?? Good thing I read everything. :rofl:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just how did the Warriors get "plain lucky in game 1"? With that comment that you just made, makes me wonder if you know anything about pro basketball. Maybe you were being sarcastic and I took your comment wrong. Shame on me, I see the last part of your comment and you were being sarcastic.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how did the Warriors get "plain lucky in game 1"? With that comment that you just made, makes me wonder if you know anything about pro basketball. Maybe you were being sarcastic and I took your comment wrong.

laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif laughingsmiley.gif

I said I wasn't sober. I didn't think anyone would take that comment seriously.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There simply aren't enough of these for your comment...:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

I mean even in my comment I said I wasn't sober. I didn't think anyone would take that comment seriously.
Yeah my fault, sorry. I took your comment wrong. I went back and corrected my previous comment.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast.

Curry may shoot close to 50% from 3, but if he is left completely unguarded on a corner 3? He will hit that 80% of the time. Maybe more. It is a look he rarely gets. Most of his shots are off the dribble or a quick release with someone flying at him.

It is obviously not ideal to give up an uncontested dunk, but if the choice is a dunk or a wide open Curry 3, you are screwed either way. The Warrior crowd seems to get even more hyped by the 3 ball, so Giving up the dunk is not a terrible play. The break even percentage is 67%, and I guarantee Curry is hitting more than 2/3 if left wide open.

The key is avoiding those break situations in the first place.
I doubt it but am too lazy to check. One thing I can guarantee though is that Durant is shooting 100% on uncontested dunks.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a corner 3 is the closest 3 attempt on the court.
That is my understanding as well. The pros seem to love it but it was always the hardest for me because there is no background to frame your target with like there is from the wings or at the key.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, old timer is a bit senile. He missed the entire first quarter of last night's game trying to find the right channel on his microwave.
LOL, actually it's amazing how correct you all.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but could you imagine the next day narrative if Cavs come into the Bay & blow out this Dubs team?

It's always the same bullshit, the media would have flipped.

props to the Warriors fans itt last night tho, pretty calm for the most part.

I think everyone realizes there's no point in talking shit until the champagne is popped.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always the same bullshit, the media would have flipped.

props to the Warriors fans itt last night tho, pretty calm for the most part.

I think everyone realizes there's no point in talking shit until the champagne is popped.

If the Warriors win then the NBA universe is in balance. If the Cavs pull off the upset it'll be the refs fault.:lol:

Reactions: TJL