• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 5 Year Draft Championship

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please look at these three teams and play them against each other.

Milk vs Gold
Milk vs UK
UK vs Gold

Please post who wins each game.

MILK

Starters

PG- Tiny Archibald
SG- Michael Redd
SF- Rick Barry
PF- Karl Malone
C- Bill Laimbeer

BENCH
PG- Dee Brown
SG- Rickey Sobers
SF- Tom sanders
PF- David Lee
C- Rasheed Wallace

OR

UK

Starters
PG Deron Williams
SG Pete Maravich
SF Chris Mullen
PF Kevin Garnett
C Joe Barry Carroll

Bench
PG Gus Williams
SG Dick Van Arsdale
SF Dennis Scott
PF Bob Boozer
C Kenyon Martin

OR

GOLD

STARTERS
PG - Oscar Robertson
SG - Gail Goodrich
SF - Michael Finley
PF - Derrick Coleman
C - Bob Lanier

BENCH
PG - Monta Ellis
SG - Darrell Griffith
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Charles Oakley
C - Alvan Adams

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no clue how to play three teams against each other, since I always view it as a real game and let matchup's and style determine the winner. For a 3 team deal, I will just go position by position, 1, 2, 3 grade, low score wins. No clue how it plays out...here goes

Starters

PG Gold 1 Milk 2 UK 3
SG UK 1 Gold 2 Milk 3
SF Milk 1 UK 2 Gold 3
PF UK 1 Milk 1 Gold 3
C Gold 1 Milk 2 UK 3

Subs

PG UK 1 Gold 2 Milk 3
SG UK 1 Gold 2 Milk 3
SF Gold 1 UK 2 Milk 3
PF UK 1 Gold 2 Milk 3
C Milk 1 Gold 2 UK 3

Totals UK 18 Gold 18 Milk 22

UK wins, Gold runner up, Milk 3rd

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying UK would beat Gold and Milk and Gold would beat Milk?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the 3 comparisons-

best player- Gold=Milk> UK
Best bench- UK>MIlk>Gold
Best guard play- Gold>UK>MILK
best forward play- Milk>UK> Gold
Best Center- Gold>Milk=UK
best shooting bench-UK>Milk> Gold
Best defense bench- Milk> UK>Gold

I think Gold has the best starting lineup, but i think his bench hurts... I think Milk wins... I just think the big men(bench+starters) will be too much...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the 3 comparisons-

best player- Gold=Milk> UK
Best bench- UK>MIlk>Gold
Best guard play- Gold>UK>MILK
best forward play- Milk>UK> Gold
Best Center- Gold>Milk=UK
best shooting bench-UK>Milk> Gold
Best defense bench- Milk> UK>Gold

I think Gold has the best starting lineup, but i think his bench hurts... I think Milk wins... I just think the big men(bench+starters) will be too much...

In English please... Who wins the three games?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO FAR
Gold : 6 - 4
UK : 6 - 4
Milk : 3 - 7

VOTED
UK, 500, Milk, Nos, WLK

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW... GO UK!!!

I thought it was:

Milk beats UK AND gold
Gold beats UK

I just think UK has the worst starting lineup and doesn't have the best player on the court in either matchup... I like his bench a lot, but give more to the starting lineup unless either is a total blowout...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk > UK
Gold > UK
Gold > Milk

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK said that my bench is worse than Golds,

Is that true?? I really had my bench being better than Golds and worse than UKs...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also think Dumars is MUCH better than Maravich. Knowing that, it's no wonder we disagree. I have a solid PG and C, the best 2-3-4 as a group, and the best bench. I had Gold rated ahead of me on the rankings I sent Nos, and you as well I believe. I think in a game, I have no glaring weakness. Just my opinion

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also think Dumars is MUCH better than Maravich. Knowing that, it's no wonder we disagree. I have a solid PG and C, the best 2-3-4 as a group, and the best bench. I had Gold rated ahead of me on the rankings I sent Nos, and you as well I believe. I think in a game, I have no glaring weakness. Just my opinion

Like i said, i think you have the best bench... I just have your starters to be the worst... Mostly because I have gold and me having the best 2 players(Oscar, and Malone)... I agree that garnett is close to Malone, but i don't see anyway to say garnett is better than Malone... I think barry is the 4th best player drafted between us 3... so i had my offense rated the best because my 2 best players were better, while i am comparable in the other positions...

I would also argue that i have the best singular bench player... which alone makes my bench scary...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said, i think you have the best bench... I just have your starters to be the worst... Mostly because I have gold and me having the best 2 players(Oscar, and Malone)... I agree that garnett is close to Malone, but i don't see anyway to say garnett is better than Malone... I think barry is the 4th best player drafted between us 3... so i had my offense rated the best because my 2 best players were better, while i am comparable in the other positions...

I would also argue that i have the best singular bench player... which alone makes my bench scary...
I think KG is better than Malone, might be by a hair, but if I were picking one, I'd take KG. I'd take Pistol over the other two 2's, and Mullen isn't Barry, but was a Hell of a player. I also factor in scheme. Deron could take guys to the rack, Maravich and Mullen were great passers, Maravich was a great scorer and Mullen a great shooter. KG was a nightmare and JBC was wildly underrated. KG and JBC give me 2 excellent post defenders, and you've already said I have a good bench. I have no problem losing to either squad, but I think you're way off on my starters, jmo

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KG is better than Malone, might be by a hair, but if I were picking one, I'd take KG. I'd take Pistol over the other two 2's, and Mullen isn't Barry, but was a Hell of a player. I also factor in scheme. Deron could take guys to the rack, Maravich and Mullen were great passers, Maravich was a great scorer and Mullen a great shooter. KG was a nightmare and JBC was wildly underrated. KG and JBC give me 2 excellent post defenders, and you've already said I have a good bench. I have no problem losing to either squad, but I think you're way off on my starters, jmo

The fact that you think KG is better than Malone is our big difference... I don't see it.. But it is subjective...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG > Malone

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im off to a meeting... See ya soon...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, i prefer it when a teams strengths with their starters is also their strengths with their bench players... I think the gameplan should never change... For example if my starters were all good shooters and Guard strong, i would try to make my bench mirror the same thing... When they are in the game, i would not want to lose momentum...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you think KG is better than Malone is our big difference... I don't see it.. But it is subjective...
When I ranked them, it was my only tie, but if I had to pick, yeah, KG.....for me. KG was tall enough to play Tim Duncan in the post or go out on Dirk, who else could do that? Conversely, KG could post you up, or step out himself. I'm not knocking the Mailman, just a KG fan

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG is better than Karl... Karl and Stockton were perfect together, if Milk had a better PnR PG I think he pulls it out... But defensively it's not close IMO KG is much better...

As much as HATE it...

UK
Gold
Milk

I hate it because IMO UK has shitty D but I don't see where any of the other teams can slow him down offensively... The Oscar carries Gold over Barry's team by 3...