• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Navarro

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was horrified by the injury and wish Navorro every wish for a speedy and healthy recovery.

Great guy and football player who grew up in Maryland and is truly well respected and liked all over.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It really hurts that it was Whitner (or Reid? I'm not watching the replay to comfirm) went in for the big hit that pushed the Seahawks player into Bowman. Who goes for a big hit in a goal line situation?! Just help Bowman wrap up on the offensive player.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really hurts that it was Whitner (or Reid? I'm not watching the replay to comfirm) went in for the big hit that pushed the Seahawks player into Bowman. Who goes for a big hit in a goal line situation?! Just help Bowman wrap up on the offensive player.

It was Reid, but can't really fault him for that.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love the 49ers, I was more hurt by the Bowman injury. When I saw his leg being bent in such a way it really bothered me. I literally fought back tears. I just hope he's able to fully recover and have a long and successful career. Not because of me and my support of the Niners but because of him and my support of him as a person.

agreed. I hate the niners', always have, always will...but you cant not like Bowman. Here's to a speedy and full recovery :suds:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly adding insult to injury was the missed call on that play. Made me even more bummed out for my man Navarro. I'm sure this is somewhere else, but just wanted to tag it into this thread too:

NFL: Wrong call on NaVorro Bowman's fumble recovery - NFL.com

I come in peace ;)

Just wanted to say that the fumble play where Bowman got hurt was an absolute joke of a call. Kearse clearly fumbled, Bowman clearly recovered, he was clearly down and even if the refs didn't see any of that live because of the press of bodies, it should definitely be reviewable. It is one of the worst technicalities in the game and I truly wish they change it.

I hope he has a quick recovery and he is the same player post injury that he was pre injury.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats so bogus is how not one ref saw the play???

also to add insult to injury, is it considered a fumble if the ball never fell to the ground. Bowman strip him and held it and was down by contact...

absolutely garbage sequence... but boy did the Football gods threw thunder in the following play....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly adding insult to injury was the missed call on that play. Made me even more bummed out for my man Navarro. I'm sure this is somewhere else, but just wanted to tag it into this thread too:

NFL: Wrong call on NaVorro Bowman's fumble recovery - NFL.com

The call didn't make a negative difference in the game, but the injury of course, did. They should have gotten the call right because they don't know about the fumble on the next play, but I'm glad we recovered the ball farther from the endzone. 90 yards is easier than 99.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish we had won that game. That way maybe the NFL could see how they could change the review process without having to admit a loss. I mean, they can already say that the Niners recovered on the next play so no harm no foul. The injury occurred either way. I don't think we can expect the referee as a human to blow that play dead that fast. Just happened too quickly. But the review process could've been changed. They seemingly are quick to blow the whistle though if it goes against us. See NFCC 2011.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL called down to Seattle sideline and told them to fumble! It's all a conspiracy! Lol

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Navorro Bowman - LB - 49ers

49ers ILB Navorro Bowman (ACL, MCL surgery) says he's ahead of schedule in his rehab, and that the 49ers are "excited" by his progress.

Although it's nice to hear Bowman is ahead of schedule instead of vice versa, it's still extremely early in the rehab process. We're unlikely to get a realistic idea of his potential return date before training camp. Coach Jim Harbaugh has suggested Bowman will begin the season on the reserve/PUP list, costing him the first six games of the season.
Source: Steve Corkran on Twitter

Apr 1 - 9:39 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not to sound cynical, but when is the last time an ACL rehab hasn't been reported as "ahead of schedule?"

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to take it easy, I want him to get back to his normal self eventually and I don't like rushing back

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes take your time. Come back by week 8-10.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Bowman and wish him a great recovery. However, I don't think this makes any sense. One, he would've gotten injured regardless of the ruling. I don't feel the refs would've seen him a cover the ball early enough to both of us. Of course, a whistle could have been blown if they were looking for a certain decision made, like what happened to happened to us in 2011. Right call wouldn't have saved his knee, either.

Second, we ended up getting the ball on the next play. That does not make the referees' mistake lesser mistake, just makes it not have the effect. So while I was mad that they didn't get the play right, the play was more about the injury. I do understand the thought that the recovery and the right call would have made the injury less upsetting to him. He would've given himself up for the team (which he didd.

NaVorro Bowman: NFL's new fumble recovery rule doesn't save his knee - ESPN

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Bowman and wish him a great recovery. However, I don't think this makes any sense. One, he would've gotten injured regardless of the ruling. I don't feel the refs would've seen him a cover the ball early enough to both of us. Of course, a whistle could have been blown if they were looking for a certain decision made, like what happened to happened to us in 2011. Right call wouldn't have saved his knee, either.

Second, we ended up getting the ball on the next play. That does not make the referees' mistake lesser mistake, just makes it not have the effect. So while I was mad that they didn't get the play right, the play was more about the injury. I do understand the thought that the recovery and the right call would have made the injury less upsetting to him. He would've given himself up for the team (which he didd.

NaVorro Bowman: NFL's new fumble recovery rule doesn't save his knee - ESPN

I don't think anybody thinks the ruling would have saved his knee, it was just such an obvious call, when so many were already going the seahawks way. It was more a slap in the face at that point. The fact that they fumbled the next play doesn't mean anything.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's doing well. His time at PSU was short but there was only 1 other football player that I've seen in 34 years who moved anywhere similar to Bowman & that was Lavarr Arrington. I have no doubt that he will heal ahead of schedule. He's always been a man among boys.