• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Thoughts On The Game (Read At Your Peril)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Wow, wow, wow!

2. I think you could say that Kaepernick played the best game by any quarterback in the league this year

3. Crabtree is playing as well as any reciver in the league right now. If you disagree, please feel free to tell me who is playing better.

4. The difference in the defense with Justin Smith in there, even a hobbled Justin Smith, is stunning. He is the man.

5. Brown is becoming the best DB on the team. We never heard Carlos Rogers' name during the game; that's got to be a good thing, he must have shut his man down. Goldson, however, in his constant search for the big hit and failure to control himself, is quickly becoming a liability to the team.

6. Kudos to Roman and Harbaugh for having the balls to take the shackles off of Kaepernick and let him play. It worked. The game plan was brilliant after a few stinkers in previous weeks.

7. The coolest thing about the replay of Goldson's late hit was seeing Justin Smith's ugly mug pop up out of the middle of the pile without a helmet. That was awesome. I love that dude.

8. No one can any longer say that Alex Smith should have remained the startign QB. He simply could not have done what Colin Kaepernick did today. I'm fully on board. We finally saw what we've been waiting for since the Chicago game.

9. I'd still like to see more pressure on the passer; shit can the 3-man rush.

10. Great job by the special teams. Well done to Spillman, Akers and, of course, Andy Lee.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Wow, wow, wow!

2. I think you could say that Kaepernick played the best game by any quarterback in the league this year

3. Crabtree is playing as well as any reciver in the league right now. If you disagree, please feel free to tell me who is playing better.

4. The difference in the defense with Justin Smith in there, even a hobbled Justin Smith, is stunning. He is the man.

5. Brown is becoming the best DB on the team. We never heard Carlos Rogers' name during the game; that's got to be a good thing, he must have shut his man down. Goldson, however, in his constant search for the big hit and failure to control himself, is quickly becoming a liability to the team.

6. Kudos to Roman and Harbaugh for having the balls to take the shackles off of Kaepernick and let him play. It worked. The game plan was brilliant after a few stinkers in previous weeks.

7. The coolest thing about the replay of Goldson's late hit was seeing Justin Smith's ugly mug pop up out of the middle of the pile without a helmet. That was awesome. I love that dude.

8. No one can any longer say that Alex Smith should have remained the startign QB. He simply could not have done what Colin Kaepernick did today. I'm fully on board. We finally saw what we've been waiting for since the Chicago game.

10. Great job by the special teams. Well done to Spillman, Akers and, of course, Andy Lee.

Crabs has really shown up as of late Pozz posted his stats in another thread and over the last 6 games he is averaging 7 catches 100+ rec and a TD a game. Him and Kap are really clicking. The thing I liked most about Kap were those two touch passes to Gore & Davis. If we can control the middle of the field as well as the perimeter the offense will be super scary.

TB has been the best DB all season and it hasn't been close. Rodgers had a real solid game though which was great to see hopefully he is back to last seasons form. Cully has been worrying me a little bit. It seems he is to aggressive at times in coverage and never looks back for the ball so that under throw or back shoulder pass works very well for against him. Overall I was really happy by this performance and hopefully it continues

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Wow, wow, wow!

Whitner was the bigger liability in this one. Harris went right by him for the rushing TD, and he gave up two TD receptions in coverage. The unnecessary roughness call on Goldson was BS IMO. No whistle, the ball carrier was still fighting for yards. I've never seen officials stop a play on forward progress faster than they have against the Niners in the playoffs last year and this year.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Whitner was the bigger liability in this one. Harris went right by him for the rushing TD, and he gave up two TD receptions in coverage. The unnecessary roughness call on Goldson was BS IMO. No whistle, the ball carrier was still fighting for yards. I've never seen officials stop a play on forward progress faster than they have against the Niners in the playoffs last year and this year.

Yea that pissed me off. the other thing that pissed me off was the flag they threw on Kaep. Yet when Jennings head butted our defender RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF, nothing..... really NFL

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the right call Goldson lead with his helmet and hit Harris in the helmet. S/N how was the holiday party?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Best part of this game, for me at least, is my wife. She has hated football as long as i can remember. Yesterday I got her to wear the first jersey I ever had. My #80 jersey I got in the 4th grade. She actaully watched the game with me. this morning when we first got up she asked "how many to the super bowl". I told her we had to win one more, then we were in the super bowl. She screamed YES! Then asked who we played. I told her we find out today, game start at 1pm eastern. She asked if we could watch it. Glad my wife is finally getting excited. Even if she is a bandwagon fan :)

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I would like to have answered. Why in the hell do we run "set" plays for Walker? IE the curl route where he dropped I believe 2 of them. Couldn't we run that play with someone else?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah, that call was complete bull shit. I dont get how the hell you can call that when the whistle wasnt blown!!! That play REALLY pissed me off.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of this game, for me at least, is my wife. She has hated football as long as i can remember. Yesterday I got her to wear the first jersey I ever had. My #80 jersey I got in the 4th grade. She actaully watched the game with me. this morning when we first got up she asked "how many to the super bowl". I told her we had to win one more, then we were in the super bowl. She screamed YES! Then asked who we played. I told her we find out today, game start at 1pm eastern. She asked if we could watch it. Glad my wife is finally getting excited. Even if she is a bandwagon fan :)

Happy for you dude. And take it however you can get it because your wife could be a Cowboy fan like mine. :doh:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs has really shown up as of late Pozz posted his stats in another thread and over the last 6 games he is averaging 7 catches 100+ rec and a TD a game. Him and Kap are really clicking. The thing I liked most about Kap were those two touch passes to Gore & Davis. If we can control the middle of the field as well as the perimeter the offense will be super scary.

TB has been the best DB all season and it hasn't been close. Rodgers had a real solid game though which was great to see hopefully he is back to last seasons form. Cully has been worrying me a little bit. It seems he is to aggressive at times in coverage and never looks back for the ball so that under throw or back shoulder pass works very well for against him. Overall I was really happy by this performance and hopefully it continues

I agree about the middle of the field. As for Culliver, that throw works well against all Corners.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a question I would like to have answered. Why in the hell do we run "set" plays for Walker? IE the curl route where he dropped I believe 2 of them. Couldn't we run that play with someone else?

i've been saying this/touching on that in so many threads...

how is that Walker is always open/targeted to make big plays more often that Davis, a 3rd/4th WR lol...

it wouldn't if Walker was consistent and making the plays but come on lol

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Wow, wow, wow!

Some good points there.

And yeah, the Smith vs Kaepernick argument is officially over. Smith would not have won this game for us.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been saying this/touching on that in so many threads...

how is that Walker is always open/targeted to make big plays more often that Davis, a 3rd/4th WR lol...

it wouldn't if Walker was consistent and making the plays but come on lol

Yea I don't get it. If they are doing it because the coverage dictates that put in AJ Jenkins and let him run that route I'm sure he will draw at worst the 4th DB on the field. Even Celek (sp?) anyone but Walker!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good points there.

And yeah, the Smith vs Kaepernick argument is officially over. Smith would not have won this game for us.

I'd go so far as to say that very few QBs in the entire league could have.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was the right call Goldson lead with his helmet and hit Harris in the helmet. S/N how was the holiday party?

You can hit a RB in the helmet. It's what Whitner did to Thomas on the first drive against the Saints last year.

The holiday party was fine. Much better because the Niners won, but certainly not the way I would have preferred to have spent the night. Thanks for asking. And the bar where I watched the game worked out just fine, other than a drunk woman puking all over the floor at my table. I don't know if I've ever seen that much vomit. Her bf - who was a dead ringer for Eric Estrada - dropped her off in the car and came back for the last hour of the game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some good points there.

I don't want to stir the pot, and I am completely on board with Kap - have been since the Bears game - but with the D effectively holding the Packers to 17, I think Alex had a good shot of winning the game for us. It wouldn't have been nearly as dominant a performance, though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Kaep's ability to extend the drive/downs also ate up clock which sat down discount double check for nearly 40 mins of the game

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Happy for you dude. And take it however you can get it because your wife could be a Cowboy fan like mine. :doh:

well that was the problem. She was cheering for the cowboys earlier in the year vs the steelers at my brothers house. He and his wife are cowturd fans. My brother said he was going to buy her a Witten jersey. I told him I would burn that shit and send it back to him. She got mad at me for that one, and said she can like any team she wanted. I got real scared real quick. But when it comes down to it, she is like most women. She thinks Kaep is "cute" and is a niner fan. :suds:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when it comes down to it, she is like most women. She thinks Kaep is "cute" and is a niner fan. :suds:

Lol, he's my boy and the MAN, but he looks a bit goofy to me. That kid just got a ticket to all the tail he wants but it has nothing to do with his looks.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can hit a RB in the helmet. It's what Whitner did to Thomas on the first drive against the Saints last year.

The holiday party was fine. Much better because the Niners won, but certainly not the way I would have preferred to have spent the night. Thanks for asking. And the bar where I watched the game worked out just fine, other than a drunk woman puking all over the floor at my table. I don't know if I've ever seen that much vomit. Her bf - who was a dead ringer for Eric Estrada - dropped her off in the car and came back for the last hour of the game.

You know what I said that you can hit a RB in the helmet last night but all of my buddies said you can't so I thought maybe Goddell changed the rule. :suds:

And glad you had a somewhat enjoyable time at the latest holiday party in the history of holiday parties! Not sure if you are the superstitious type that would have to go to that same bar again to watch the NFCC game. Me I am that type which is why I elected to watch the game at home :10: