• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My son punched a hole in my ceiling during Pack game

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During Beast's go ahead TD my son hit the roof and put his fist through. It was just a matter of time. He hits that roof at some point during every Seahawks game so we weren't really that shocked.

My youngest daughter was video taping us for some reason so I uploaded it to youtube.

Check it out. It's pretty funny. Just skip it to about 1:25 or so to miss us blabbering about nothing.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flippin classic! Went from joy to "OH SHIT, I PUNCHED A HOLE IN THE CEILING!" in an instance. Kind of reminds me of a story from when I was a kid. I come from a big family and sometimes we'd take our frustrations out on the house. So my brother comes home steaming drunk and pissed off, punches the wall and just demolishes it. There was like a 3'x3' hole in the wall of his bedroom. His solution was move his dresser/shelf in front of it, which worked. So like 6 years later when he'd graduated from college my mom is moving crap around she sees this gigantic hole in the wall and was super pissed. She asks who did it (she does not take kindly to this sort of thing) and my brother laughs and told her what happened 6 years ago. She just shook her head because even she knew the statutes of limitations had expired for that sort of thing.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than fix it, I framed it. :yahoo:

10943782_770050513074522_6339326341661787604_n.jpg

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flippin classic! Went from joy to "OH SHIT, I PUNCHED A HOLE IN THE CEILING!" in an instance. Kind of reminds me of a story from when I was a kid. I come from a big family and sometimes we'd take our frustrations out on the house. So my brother comes home steaming drunk and pissed off, punches the wall and just demolishes it. There was like a 3'x3' hole in the wall of his bedroom. His solution was move his dresser/shelf in front of it, which worked. So like 6 years later when he'd graduated from college my mom is moving crap around she sees this gigantic hole in the wall and was super pissed. She asks who did it (she does not take kindly to this sort of thing) and my brother laughs and told her what happened 6 years ago. She just shook her head because even she knew the statutes of limitations had expired for that sort of thing.

I was going to fix it, but one of the comments on the youtube video was I should frame it. I thought that might be funny so up went the frame.

As kids we definitely had some house damage we had to hide too.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to fix it, but one of the comments on the youtube video was I should frame it. I thought that might be funny so up went the frame.

As kids we definitely had some house damage we had to hide too.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Something to remember the game by. By the look it's a great family you have there. I got an 8 and 6 year old myself. We instituted a swear job and right away the kids were trying to figure out how to get me to cuss. My 8 year old said "I know, turn on the football game!"

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Something to remember the game by. By the look it's a great family you have there. I got an 8 and 6 year old myself. We instituted a swear job and right away the kids were trying to figure out how to get me to cuss. My 8 year old said "I know, turn on the football game!"

Thanks man. Yep the family is pretty great. I have officially got them all made into full fledged Hawk fans. Even the wife.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really cool how you all watch together like that. Bravo.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really cool how you all watch together like that. Bravo.

I'm pretty lucky I have a wife that lets me get away with watching football every Sunday for 4 months a year. She, and the kids, know not to even plan any family events on Sunday's during football season. Our family event is watching the Hawks.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was great LOL thanks for sharing.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The framing is perfect.

But dude, your wife almost jinxed the crap out of us! "We're going to the Super Bow...." "SSSSSSHHHHH!"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it so dark? and why is the little one saying "tonight" we find out if we are going to the super bowl?

Did you all record the game and no one watched it or even heard the outcome till later? dang that would have been hard to do.

Also i got another question, Why is the roof so low? are you all in a sub basement with a drop ceiling?

not hating just asking questions is all. :)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it so dark? and why is the little one saying "tonight" we find out if we are going to the super bowl?

Did you all record the game and no one watched it or even heard the outcome till later? dang that would have been hard to do.

Also i got another question, Why is the roof so low? are you all in a sub basement with a drop ceiling?

He's in Alberta. Probably a time zone difference.

Definitely looks like a downstairs/basement room to me. I've had low ceilings in sub-ground level rooms before.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's in my basement and I only had lights on in the media room. Where she is shooting the video from is where my pool table sits and there's about 8 big flood lights in there. I'm that guy who hates having lights on for no reason so they were off.

And my daughter saying "tonight we find out if we go to the Superbowl" was the right thing to say. It was the NFCCG. Winner goes to the SB. We were watching it live. NO way would I have the patience to wait and watch it on a recording.

And the ceiling is low because my "man cave" is underneath my sunken living room upstairs. Everywhere else downstairs has 9 foot ceilings but that little room is probably only about 7 feet high. My son has probably punched that same spot at least 50 times. I'm surprised he never punched a hole in it sooner.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SUNDAY!!!! I'd be fine with a matching hole beside that one if it means we're hoisting the Lombardi. :suds:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The framing is perfect.

But dude, your wife almost jinxed the crap out of us! "We're going to the Super Bow...." "SSSSSSHHHHH!"

Hahaha, Ya, she was a little over-exuberant. This is her first year of really watching football so she doesn't have all the little details down yet. She just figured that because me and Cody were so happy that we must have won. lol.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of this is the framed chunk of ceiling. That's about as unique as it gets with sports mementos.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty awesome, dmightyhammer. Nice that your family watches with you.:thumb:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off. Alberta. 1 or 2 hour difference (central and Mountain time zone lines always confuse me).

2nd. Pretty Sweet that you raised a seahawks loving family. Me and my mom are 12's, my Dad is a pats fan but he watched the end of the game(got a funny story i'll post later). My middle brother can't stand football ( he will watch it if it's on but...............), my youngest brother says the same thing but i think he's coming around.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have family that didn't really get into sports until they became adults, family that is more into the Mariners than the Seahawks and family who are admittedly fairweather about our teams. Regardless of how they came about being fans, it's still fun to be able to share that stuff with the people you love.