• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review of the game

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
heres just a few quick comments on some players -

Alex Smith - Played pretty much like Alex Smith. The difference here is the coaching staff had him throw a lot of short passes. The only thing different about him this yr so far is he seems little more willing to run with the ball.

Gore - didnt have much blocking today but didnt seem all that quick. did make a few plays out of nothing.

Braylon Edwards - loved his fire today. we need that desperately on offense. need someone with balls. I think he'll make some decent plays for us although he does have to keep his cool somewhat to not get stupid penalites. I wouldve liked to him in their more in the red zone. surprisingly sometimes he wouldnt be out there and morgan would be instead. I think Edwards is the much greater threat.

V. Davis - Played like a girl today. Looked scared to get hit. Twice after catching the ball he just gave up and didnt try to break tackles. Had really bad alligator arms on the long throw.

Crabtree - did he get banged up? saw him on the sideline not out there much. didnt do anything when he was out there.

Oline - did shit in the run blocking department. got no push and opened no holes. for pass blocking they seemed ok although they were only protecting for really short. quick passes most of the time. I saw Davis got beat a couple of times but nothing catastrophic. Smith was able to get rid of the ball.

Ray Mcdonald - great game. lot of pressure and very good in run suport. looking like a real good starter for us.

J. Smith - great game, cant expect less from him

Haralson- had a very nice game. some great pressure that we didnt see all that much from him last year.

Aldon Smith - Had a couple of nice plays. Nothing too much. Was the 2nd guy getting pressure a few times.

Bowman - great pursuit on a lot of plays. love the speed with willis. looking pretty good out there.

Overall a pretty solid team effort. Defenese played very well. Offense is still struggling but did enough today. The offense will have to do much more in the future for us to be competitive. If we dont get our run game going we arent going to go anywhere. We also really need to capitalize in the red zone. It will lose us games if we cant.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually surprised to see that in the red zone he is 30 tds to 1 pick. That was pretty impressive to me. Not that it has translated to wins... but still.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually surprised to see that in the red zone he is 30 tds to 1 pick. That was pretty impressive to me. Not that it has translated to wins... but still.

now if he can master the other 80 yards on the field

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great shit! I am super happy about the game.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres just a few quick comments on some players -

Alex Smith - Played pretty much like Alex Smith. The difference here is the coaching staff had him throw a lot of short passes. The only thing different about him this yr so far is he seems little more willing to run with the ball.

Gore - didnt have much blocking today but didnt seem all that quick. did make a few plays out of nothing.

Braylon Edwards - loved his fire today. we need that desperately on offense. need someone with balls. I think he'll make some decent plays for us although he does have to keep his cool somewhat to not get stupid penalites. I wouldve liked to him in their more in the red zone. surprisingly sometimes he wouldnt be out there and morgan would be instead. I think Edwards is the much greater threat.

V. Davis - Played like a girl today. Looked scared to get hit. Twice after catching the ball he just gave up and didnt try to break tackles. Had really bad alligator arms on the long throw.

Crabtree - did he get banged up? saw him on the sideline not out there much. didnt do anything when he was out there.

Oline - did shit in the run blocking department. got no push and opened no holes. for pass blocking they seemed ok although they were only protecting for really short. quick passes most of the time. I saw Davis got beat a couple of times but nothing catastrophic. Smith was able to get rid of the ball.

Ray Mcdonald - great game. lot of pressure and very good in run suport. looking like a real good starter for us.

J. Smith - great game, cant expect less from him

Haralson- had a very nice game. some great pressure that we didnt see all that much from him last year.

Aldon Smith - Had a couple of nice plays. Nothing too much. Was the 2nd guy getting pressure a few times.

Bowman - great pursuit on a lot of plays. love the speed with willis. looking pretty good out there.

Overall a pretty solid team effort. Defenese played very well. Offense is still struggling but did enough today. The offense will have to do much more in the future for us to be competitive. If we dont get our run game going we arent going to go anywhere. We also really need to capitalize in the red zone. It will lose us games if we cant.

Great post, but where's the love for Ginn and the ST.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my opinion of the game. Jim Harbaugh viewed this as a very win-able game and played it similar to how we played the preseason. He wanted to win the game without showing the league our cards. The offense for the most part was very vanilla so next week when we play the Cowboys they're going to see some new wrinkles that nobody has seen. This gives us our best opportunity to win the game.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's my opinion of the game. Jim Harbaugh viewed this as a very win-able game and played it similar to how we played the preseason. He wanted to win the game without showing the league our cards. The offense for the most part was very vanilla so next week when we play the Cowboys they're going to see some new wrinkles that nobody has seen. This gives us our best opportunity to win the game.

I dont really agree with that Harbaugh was holding stuff back. I dont think you can coach like that and need to go out every game to get a win. Every game is just too important with only 16 games in a season.

I thought the play calling was pretty good. They did some things, audible at the line, few different formations we usually dont see, some trickery. The problem is they can only do so much with the talent that is out there. This offense is never going to 'open up' or become good for that matter until a few glaring holes are fixed.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really agree with that Harbaugh was holding stuff back. I dont think you can coach like that and need to go out every game to get a win. Every game is just too important with only 16 games in a season.

I thought the play calling was pretty good. They did some things, audible at the line, few different formations we usually dont see, some trickery. The problem is they can only do so much with the talent that is out there. This offense is never going to 'open up' or become good for that matter until a few glaring holes are fixed.

Not sure if you go into a game planning to hold back some things but if you get a lead and are confident then you can and should.

Really my observations are me just hoping that's what he was doing because I wasn't impressed with the offense and thought they'd play better. I really wanted to see Alex throw the ball down the field some more to try to create some running lanes for Gore.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if you go into a game planning to hold back some things but if you get a lead and are confident then you can and should.

Really my observations are me just hoping that's what he was doing because I wasn't impressed with the offense and thought they'd play better. I really wanted to see Alex throw the ball down the field some more to try to create some running lanes for Gore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm on board with that. Really hoping our offense could do more but i'm not holding my breath. It would be nice if they could throw the ball down the field just a little bit. Loosen the defense up some. Next week should be pretty telling. Going to need a an A+ gameplan and execution to win it. Hopefully Harbaugh does have a few tricks up his sleeve.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking the same thing throughout the 2nd half.... I was like, no there's got to be more than this? Does Harbs still think he's in preseason mode? etc....

That could've been the reason why we saw, what i would call, "uncreative" runs up the middle constantly.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game management was nice. A win is a win and though i want to see 50 yard passes i will always take a special teams back to back return for td

cwrector77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as Vernon Davis having alligator arms goes, I have to disagree, there should have been PI called there. The guy was all over his back, wayyy before the ball got there. I loved the coaching staff, it felt like we actually had a "game plan" in place, I especially loved the play that was designed to draw their defense offsides on the 4th and short. On a bright side for Seattle, Earl Thomas is a BEAST.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks Vernon will need to be on Ware A LOT. I don't trust anyone else to block him.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Two most notable things in my perspective:

1. The D-line was vicious in the first half, and largely ineffective in the 2nd. Hard to tell how this broke down between Niners' effectiveness vs. Hawks' ineffectiveness......but my initial impression is that Hawks made good playcall adjustments as the game moved, and Tavaris started making quicker decisions. 1st half he handed the Niners a few sacks by holding the ball, and not only didn't do that in the 2nd, but made some nice passes. Similarly, Hawks had nowhere to run early, but had good success in 3rd quarter. Same deal - hard to tell exactly why.

2. Smith was fairly horrible on the first three drives - the 1st one starting deep he had little chance, but two subsequent trips into the red zone he hurt with a fumbled snap, and a few poor throws and decisions.

But after that, he looked much sharper, and was actually excellent on a few drives notably the 2 late drives in 2nd quarter. Lots of good throws, good decisions, good toughness. Did certainly seem as though the play-calling was somewhat designed to protect Smith, not much passing on obvious passing downs, not giving him a chance to kill any drives with INTs, and notably the nice play call that allowed him to get in front and deliver a fan-friendly block that got him props. No doubt the staff wants to create some confidence, in both Smith and the fans.

3. Had to add, the game is probably a blowout if Gore has even an average game. Lots and lots of those drives are extended if they had a competent running game. In the parts I watched closely, I don't really understand why Moran Norris plays, he isn't quick enough to get to defenders and actually ends up clogging the hole himself on occasion. Gore wasn't squeaking through any tight spots, and the whole thing was kind of a mess.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks Vernon will need to be on Ware A LOT. I don't trust anyone else to block him.

as long as they give A Davis some help, i'm fine with it. Of course that only applies when Ware lines up on the RT....(they actually move him around, curse their creativity!)