• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my problem with maclean

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and this coaching staff...just turn on the nhl networks game tampa and philly....all lines are clicking and moving the puck there is a purpose. watch our game and its 4 different lines that look like they were just put together today. they dont even seem to want to be out there! its pretty sad! zero creativity!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somethings gotta change, or we're on our way to number 1 pick

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for sure you have to put some blame on the players but still the coach is paid for a reason...hes gotta motivate these people somehow someway!

i remember in the summertime when mac got hired i wondered how a team of coach killers would react to a rookie coach who is young? and who played with some players on the team? i guess we know the answer to that

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blaming coaching more and more these days. Everything this team does is wrong, everything.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah btw i want to say this blame goes on all the coaching staff! cant just get rid of maclean..gotta get rid of robinson and oates too!

BRING IN SOME NHL BLOOD...i'm sick of seeing former devils players/coaches still in this system even though they have been let go or fired..it just gets more and more stale!

i wouldnt mind seeing nolan in here

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's done. You can't drop these games against bottom of the basement teams and hope to stick.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's like this teams soul left with ZPar.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind keeping Oates but Mac's gotta go... as for a head coach I would like to see Nolan as well but that aint gonna happen, if Mac gets fired it will be Hitchcock

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the experienced vets on the team, their should be plenty of soul.
(Arnott, Elias, White, Langs, Brodeur, Rolston)
Then you have guys like Clarkson who are a class act.
I just don't get this team this year.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oates should be fired before anyone else, because he was brought in to make a power play.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players had a players meeting after the game last night and here is part of what I read from an article:

The door to the Devils' dressing room at the Air Canada Centre remained closed for a long time after Thursday night's loss to the Maple Leafs.

But it wasn't coach John MacLean chewing out his players.

"I wasn't in there talking," MacLean revealed.

Just the players?

"Yep," he said.

Devils veterans felt it was time to have a serious team meeting, although it was not the first time this season.

"All the veterans were talking," defenseman Henrik Tallinder said. "We have to turn around a sinking ship. How do you do that? Playing as a team. That's not what we're doing right now."

Who initiated the meeting?

"That's not important," Patrik Elias said. "A lot of us were talking. Something needed to be said. The last game I thought there was a good feeling in here. Good energy. Tonight we didn't have that. We played a team that is struggling also, but it seemed they were the ones who were loose."

The Devils did not talk about MacLean.

"Absolutely not," Dainius Zubrus said. "We talked about how we as players have to be better.

"It's almost like a bad pattern. We don't usually start games well. We need to initiate. We need to play to win and not wait until we're down. You're not going to win like that."

And they aren't winning.

So, is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

"That's kind of a gray area right now," Elias said. "A lot of us have never been in this situation. ... Yeah, we have a few guys out of the lineup (with injuries), but even when they were here we weren't winning."

Tallinder said no coaches or general manager Lou Lamoriello took part in the postgame meeting.

"No management," he said. "We've had meetings before, but this was the longest one. It's time to put it together."

Are the players embarrassed at the 5-12-2 start?

"Yeah. We're afraid," Tallinder said. "We're not playing with confidence."

Ilya Kovalchuk said: "We're all disappointed."

But the Devils are rapidly reaching a critical point to the season.

"We don't have too much to lose anymore," Elias pointed out.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TG fire and ice also has this.

One point in the article strikes me, which is what Brodeur says:

“The guys stepped up and talked to each other,” Brodeur said.

“Brodeur said he hoped the meeting cleared some things up.

“There was no confrontations or anything,” he said. “I think it was a good talk between the players about the way we’ve been playing.

Seems that players are having some issues amongst each other. They need to clean this up ASAP in order to move forward.

Fire & Ice

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
one more reason mac has to go....he should be holding that team meeting he should be chewing the players out! i'm sick of reading the team doesnt have practice today or only an hour practice! be hard on these guys break them!

oates should go as well because he was brought in to be the pp guy..who knows though maybe a change of coaches will have the players respond better? so it wouldnt hurt to have him stay IMO

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone else find the lack of Kovy quotes oddly suspicious. I know it's more for ceremony, but the guy has an A on his shoulder. Why are we hearing from Zubrus. BTW, I'm impressed with Elias, you can tell he's taken a lot of this on his shoulders since Jamie left.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i honestly didnt even know elias played last night

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I dont understand is just how bad we look. Nothing is going right... we cant shoot, we cant pass, we have no hussle, and it all comes in spurts.... Elias is really pissing me off this year.... I see no desire in him at all.... He looks like he could care less.... his shot is so bad, he makes terrible desicions, he is just not in it. The more I see the games and his play, the madder I get. The PP as always is horid, we cant hit the net 5 on 5, and if we do, its right in the goalies chest... no one jumps in the play, its like we are scared... that and it seems every team we play is clicking on all aspects of the game.... passes are tape to tape, shots are on net, PP is working.... I cant believe we are playing this bad and teams against us are playing this good....

Something has to change and now... I have all but kissed the playoffs goodbye, I just want to see them have a decent year... not bottom of the barrel like they are headed fast....
Vort

Blaaamo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and this coaching staff...just turn on the nhl networks game tampa and philly....all lines are clicking and moving the puck there is a purpose. watch our game and its 4 different lines that look like they were just put together today. they dont even seem to want to be out there! its pretty sad! zero creativity!

That's because they were. "I know, lets put Zubrus with Kovy tonight since last nights line cominations didn't work"
"Try 'em in practice first? Nah"

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zub and Kovy did practice together I think

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the fact that you have him with kovalchuk is just stupid. keep him with zajac til the end