• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My pre-coronavirus predictions

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we are certain to have a shortened season, and many believe a significantly shortened season, obviously our original win total guesses for the Good Guys will now be out the window.

5 things that will need to happen to the 2020 baseball schedule

I figured tho, assuming everything had been normal and there were no big time injuries to the roster, I had a number in mind once the 2020 campaign got under full swing. So I might as well state what I thought would have been our record based on a 162 game schedule, and which teams made the postseason, etc. Here goes:

Sox wins: 87, good for 2nd place in the Central, but not enough to make the playoffs

AL Division Champs:
East - Rays
Central - Twins
West - A's
WC1 - Astros
WC2 - Yankees

NL Division Champs:
East - Braves
Central - Cubs (only division with fewer than 90 wins for any of the teams)
West - Dodgers
WC1 - Nationals
WC2 - Phillies

AL Champs: Yankees
NL Champs: Dodgers

WS Champs: Dodgers

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

The Bay Rays will stumble - Yankees will surely win that division - they added the best pitcher in baseball to a 100 win team. The Asterisks - will collapse under the sheer disgust the fans have for the cheating scandal around baseball.

Tampa and Stros will not make the playoffs - Sox win 89 and snag a WC spot.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bay Rays will stumble - Yankees will surely win that division - they added the best pitcher in baseball to a 100 win team. The Asterisks - will collapse under the sheer disgust the fans have for the cheating scandal around baseball.

The Astros have won over 100 games for 3 straight seasons...The Sox have only won 100 games in a season once in their franchise history, over 100 years ago. Seems like a reasonable, non-biased prediction.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember, this was going to be my full schedule prediction, which meant starting the season on March 26th. The Yankees have a shitload of injuries, but most of whom (except Severino) would have been back by late May/early June. I had them having dug too much of a hole of which to climb out in time to catch the Rays for the division, but notice I had them as being the AL champs. When they're at full strength, they pretty much have the strongest roster in baseball.

As for the Astros, their pitching has taken a big hit, which I think was enough to knock them out of the West title, but they still have that incredible lineup, and I thought it was enough to carry them into the postseason.

Of course, now with all the missing games, the need to reconfigure the schedule and such, all bets are off for the time being.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros have won over 100 games for 3 straight seasons...The Sox have only won 100 games in a season once in their franchise history, over 100 years ago. Seems like a reasonable, non-biased prediction.

What goes up - must come down. LOL

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightengale reported that the MLB still wants to get the full 162 in.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nightengale reported that the MLB still wants to get the full 162 in.
Good lord, how on earth are they going to accomplish this - play doubleheaders every three days and extend the schedule to the end of October? They're talking about mid May at starting the season, and I believe that's the earliest realistic starting date so far. I highly doubt they'll be able to get in more than 100 games, if that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Predict this! Who says there's no sports going on?