• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Mock for the top 5

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Winston- No brainer
2) L. Williams BPA and Tenn will not pass on this guy especially with Dick Leabau as there DC
3) Trade for Marriota. The Jags will get a good trade offer from the Jets or Browns. I think this is the pick where Marriota goes. I don't believe the Jags stay at this pick with Williams off the board.
4) Gregory. I think he will have a good combine and has a ton of upside which the Raiders would love. Yes he is raw and is the biggest boom or bust pick in this draft IMO. The Raiders will roll the dice.
5) With no potential trade partners the pick has to be Shelton. Yes Ray is there but there are a lot of questions about his size. He might measure in at 6'1 235. That is small. More questions are rising about this guy. This make Shelton the safest pick and I believe the best defensive player on the board.

What do you guys think? Who do you guys like at #5?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know someone is going to mention OT from Iowa or the OT Peat. But are these guys top 5 players?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be highly pissed with Shelton at 5 he is not a top 10 player

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty good mock. I agree that Mariota goes at the 3rd pick. I also agree with your assessment on ray. But I don't see us taking Shelton at 5. Believe it or not, if your scenario plays out, we may take cooper. If not cooper, then I belive it will be one of the OT prospects.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty good mock. I agree that Mariota goes at the 3rd pick. I also agree with your assessment on ray. But I don't see us taking Shelton at 5. Believe it or not, if your scenario plays out, we may take cooper. If not cooper, then I belive it will be one of the OT prospects.

we could take cooper if we dump garcon

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point on cooper, we might just go bpa and that could mean cooper. who knows what scot thinks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Winston- No brainer
2) L. Williams BPA and Tenn will not pass on this guy especially with Dick Leabau as there DC
3) Trade for Marriota. The Jags will get a good trade offer from the Jets or Browns. I think this is the pick where Marriota goes. I don't believe the Jags stay at this pick with Williams off the board.
4) Gregory. I think he will have a good combine and has a ton of upside which the Raiders would love. Yes he is raw and is the biggest boom or bust pick in this draft IMO. The Raiders will roll the dice.
5) With no potential trade partners the pick has to be Shelton. Yes Ray is there but there are a lot of questions about his size. He might measure in at 6'1 235. That is small. More questions are rising about this guy. This make Shelton the safest pick and I believe the best defensive player on the board.

I think you are understating how bad the Titans QB situation is. Mettenberger played with no less than 4 offensive NFL players at LSU and failed to look like a franchise QB prospect. He'll be out of the league in 2 years, imo. Locker is a guy that has always gotten by on charisma and athleticism but his accuracy has always been bad. As Locker gets older, he is probably only going to get worse.

Imo, Mariota is either the #2 overall or he drops to some spot where the Eagles pick him up in the 8-9 range. I don't think there is a whole lot of grey area with that unless the Titans are run by clowns.

I don't think that changes the top 3 though.

Winston
Mariota
Williams
Cooper
Gregory

I obviously like Ray and I think he is a good fit for you guys. I just know that undersized guys drop in the draft

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cooper pick comes into play if Garcon is released but I don't think that would happen. In my scenario Shelton would be the best defensive player left. Taking a RT or and OG at #5 which many project the Iowa kid will be in kind of crazy. A RT or OG could be had in the 2nd round. Freak NT should trump both of these positions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cooper pick comes into play if Garcon is released but I don't think that would happen. In my scenario Shelton would be the best defensive player left. Taking a RT or and OG at #5 which many project the Iowa kid will be in kind of crazy. A RT or OG could be had in the 2nd round. Freak NT should trump both of these positions.

what position they play is of no consequence . who is the better football player . if its sherff , take him if its shelton , take him .

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are understating how bad the Titans QB situation is. Mettenberger played with no less than 4 offensive NFL players at LSU and failed to look like a franchise QB prospect. He'll be out of the league in 2 years, imo. Locker is a guy that has always gotten by on charisma and athleticism but his accuracy has always been bad. As Locker gets older, he is probably only going to get worse.

Imo, Mariota is either the #2 overall or he drops to some spot where the Eagles pick him up in the 8-9 range. I don't think there is a whole lot of grey area with that unless the Titans are run by clowns.

I don't think that changes the top 3 though.

Winston
Mariota
Williams
Cooper
Gregory

I obviously like Ray and I think he is a good fit for you guys. I just know that undersized guys drop in the draft
I agree unless love big cat but unless Tennessee gets a very good offer for that pick from philly or another team that has interest in mariota I don't see them passing on him. I also don't see the raiders passing in Cooper a big play reciever is a dire need.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to switch out Garcon for Cooper. That is a marginal upgrade assuming Cooper doesn't bust which is always a possibility. No I'm looking for more out of the 5 spot than that for sure.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not going to get trade offers b/c Marriota will be gone by #5 and no one is going to want to trade up for Cooper. This draft is very deep at WR.

skinsdad position matters if the skins don't cut Garcon and take Cooper that would be stupid. Cooper would be the BPA at #5. I think we are getting off topic here. Who do you guys like at #5?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not going to get trade offers b/c Marriota will be gone by #5 and no one is going to want to trade up for Cooper. This draft is very deep at WR.

skinsdad position matters if the skins don't cut Garcon and take Cooper that would be stupid. Cooper would be the BPA at #5. I think we are getting off topic here. Who do you guys like at #5?

i was talking about how people say dont draft an NT or OG at 5 not wr .

and if cooper is the best player available at 5 i would pick him too

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was talking about how people say dont draft an NT or OG at 5 not wr .

and if cooper is the best player available at 5 i would pick him too

Agreed! Honestly, if he made it to our pick, why pass him up? Amari Cooper is the best WR in this draft, as well as top-5 in the draft, overall. If Leonard Williams is gone, Cooper is next in line, as far as BPA is concerned. I don't care if we already have Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson. We could draft him and get rid of Andre Roberts. He did not impress me, last year. That would be a nice three-some. I'm also thinking the DT and OT issue might be resolved in FA.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Winston- No brainer

Actually a nice top 5 mock, I'm not settled on whether or not Jacksonville has the conviction to make that trade and miss the opportunity to get Gregory. If they take Gregory that trade will happen with Oakland, simply because they need lots of bodies in their rebuild.
Washington at 5 will not be going defense and I doubt that they are willing to exchange the 6' 1" Cooper for a released 6' 0" Garcon. So look for an OT if they stay put at 5 and there's no guarantee that they will keep that pick.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Honestly, if he made it to our pick, why pass him up? Amari Cooper is the best WR in this draft, as well as top-5 in the draft, overall. If Leonard Williams is gone, Cooper is next in line, as far as BPA is concerned. I don't care if we already have Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson. We could draft him and get rid of Andre Roberts. He did not impress me, last year. That would be a nice three-some. I'm also thinking the DT and OT issue might be resolved in FA.

This. If cooper is the BPA at 5 and we can't find or get value in a trade back, take him. Don't be short sighted. Neither DeSean nor Garcon will be here in two years. IF anything, I might consider trading Roberts. If we have a chance to land a #1 WR and lock him up for the next 5 years fairly cheaply, do it.

Use the draft as its meant to be. To add long term talent to your team, not to plug short term holes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should get blue chippers from the draft not FA and you shouldnt pay big money to an FA over your own unless they are demonstratively better or you will poison the locker room

that is why you end up franchising Rak even though it didnt " profit " much . he was our guy and you have to show "our " guys something

now he can be let go without any real harm