• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last draft - how did I do?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted my first draft earlier and the reviews seemed to be bad. However, I think I did a great job on this one. It's a 10 team h2h weekly categories. Starting 9 pitchers, 5 of, 1b, 2b, ss, 3b, CI, MI, C, and util. Categories are avg, hrs, runs, rbis, steals, Ks, Ws, saves, era, and whip.

C- Gattis
1b- pujols (DH), Steve Pearce (OF)
2b- Dee Gordon, Howie Kendrick
SS- Jimmy Rollins
3b- Donaldson and Arenado
OF- Braun, Betts, Polanco, Joc Pederson, Shin-Soo Choo

SP- Felix, Scherzer, Harvey, Taijuan Walker, Keuchel, Henderson Alvarez, James Paxton, CC Sabathia, Drew Hutchison
RP- Kimbrel, Cody Allen, Rodney

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nasty good.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ok... But not great... By going Felix and scherzer in the first 2 rounds, you should have went harder with pitching... you start 9 pitchers, you have 2 great closers, 2 great starters and then Harvey(who could be special) and walker(who could be special), but the rest of your pitching will not make your team a should win every week...

Again, when starting 5 OF, you should always have at least one on your Bench or at Utility/dh... only having 5 OF, is not good stength...

I feel like you went half assed on speed... and once again are trying to have a balanced offense, but when you wait on hitting a balanced offense is not going to be a good offense...

Overall you did much better, but i still don't see you having a top 3 team... Hopefully you could be top 5... But remember in a 10 team league, many teams are going to be loaded, so if you are going to have any strength, try to optimize that strength!!!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ok... But not great... By going Felix and scherzer in the first 2 rounds, you should have went harder with pitching... you start 9 pitchers, you have 2 great closers, 2 great starters and then Harvey(who could be special) and walker(who could be special), but the rest of your pitching will not make your team a should win every week...

Again, when starting 5 OF, you should always have at least one on your Bench or at Utility/dh... only having 5 OF, is not good stength...

I feel like you went half assed on speed... and once again are trying to have a balanced offense, but when you wait on hitting a balanced offense is not going to be a good offense...

Overall you did much better, but i still don't see you having a top 3 team... Hopefully you could be top 5... But remember in a 10 team league, many teams are going to be loaded, so if you are going to have any strength, try to optimize that strength!!!
I hear you, thanks for the advice. Pearce is also an OF though, and that's why I took him to start in the util. I hear you on pitching. I'm going to be scouring the waiver wire for another good SP and MI. I'm already getting offers for Braun and Walker.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just accepted a trade of Braun for Teheran. I think Teheran is going to help my pitching staff. I also accepted it because Braun already hurt himself (speculation is that he hurt an oblique.), with the severity of the injury unknown. His injury reminded me that Beaun has been very injury prone since stopping the PEDs and it would make sense that this year is no different. My plan is to pick up Cuddyer once the trade goes through. Do you thinks that was a good gamble?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Isn't terrible. Teheran is high on my list, even though Atlanta mat not be that great.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad trade... Should help you... In H2H categories, strong strengths are very important... But you still need to figure a way to replace Braun's projected numbers... a downgrade is fine, but make sure the downgrade at least fits your offense...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm lovin' Donaldson and Arenado. I also like the trade, I like Teheran a lot, and I don't like Braun.

Cuddyer is a good pickup. There's gotta be some other guys out there with pop and potential.

Pollock, Avisail, Oswaldo? The latter two are bigger crapshoots than Pollock, if he's out there I'd grab him.