• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My idea for Opening Day in SF this year

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have put a lot of thought into this so here we go....

First of all every adult entering the Park receives a small bottle of Champagne. Everyone under 21 years old receives a small bottle of Sparkling cider.

Santana , Metallica , members of the Grateful Dead with special guest Tim Flannery, and Steve Perry all perform before the game.

Huey Lewis and the News sings the National Anthem.

After all the introductions of the players is over all the players and Bochy from all three WS Championship years are honored by walking out towards the wall in right center and lifted by some lift up where the banner is raised on the flag pole. Back by the dugout Bum mounts up on a big fucking black horse with the 2014 WS Banner tucked in by saddle. Bum rides out to the same spot where all the other players are located ..puts the banner around his neck. He is lifted up like Tarzan on a rope (King of the Jungle) . Once on top of the wall Bochy takes the mic and talks about this great Dynasty of players and how everyone contributed to it. Bochy thanks the fans for their support and the crowd goes nutz. He then lifts a glass of Champagne and asks everyone to join him in a toast to the 2014 Championship team and the Dynasty.

All the members of all three Championships and Bochy raise the Banner while We are the Champions plays over the PA system.

7th inning stretch Tony Bennett sings God Bless America and I left my heart in San Francisco

Shit if that does not get your juices flowing you must be dead.

Go Giants !!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legalities arise with all the free alcohol and the players drinking before a game, and I still dont like your idea singling Bum out with this whole horse thing, but I do like the idea of the "3-Ring club" doing the honors of raising the flag...

Lincecum
Cain
Bumgarner
Affeldt
Casilla
Romo
Lopez
Posey
(I think that is complete? I know Sandoval is a 3-Ringer, but he is gone, so fuck him!)

I do not have Bochy included because the line needs to be drawn somewhere, and if you include Bochy, than you need to include the entire coaching staff, and that gets cumbersome.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legalities arise with all the free alcohol and the players drinking before a game, and I still dont like your idea singling Bum out with this whole horse thing, but I do like the idea of the "3-Ring club" doing the honors of raising the flag...

Lincecum
Cain
Bumgarner
Affeldt
Casilla
Romo
Lopez
Posey
(I think that is complete? I know Sandoval is a 3-Ringer, but he is gone, so fuck him!)

I do not have Bochy included because the line needs to be drawn somewhere, and if you include Bochy, than you need to include the entire coaching staff, and that gets cumbersome.

Come on CAL ...loosten up Baby..it's a fucking party. Let it fly.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAL,I know you don't want to single out Bum but Bum has earned the honor after his historic performance last year. Shit even Affeldt says MADBUM should be printed on all the 2014 rings.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. Tim Flannery throws out the first pitch.