• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Free Agency + Draft Update

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RT-Anthony Collins
G-Jon Asamoah
WR-Hakeem Nicks-Sign for a 1 year deal
ILB-Brandon Spikes
S-Mike Mitchell

2nd-David Yankey OG - Stanford
3rd-Martavis Bryant WR - Clemson
4th-Christian Jones ILB - Florida State
5th-Phillip Gaines CB - Rice
6th-Jeff Janis WR - Saginaw Valley
7th-Tajh Boyd QB - Clemson

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad but 4 questions:

1) Who is starting at ILB for you?

2) Who are your DEs?

3) I take it you are giving up on Leribeus and Gettis because there is no room for them to start with your FA and draft.

4) Who are your WRs going to be this season on our roster? We already have Garcon and now you pay a pretty penny for Nicks (who won't sign a one year deal in my estimate), draft Bryant in the 3rd (same round as Hankerson) and take Janis. I assume you keep Garcon, Nicks, Hankerson, Bryant, and Janis while cutting Robinson.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
swap yankey for tuitt

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is looking to be a LT and expecting LT money. He is off our list. There are no RTs that are upgrades over what we currently have in FA. We may have to live with Polumbus one more year or Compton beats him out this year.

Avoid Hicks, way to many danger signs with him, from injury to lack of big plays. We already have a stable full of WRs with his talent and health. We don't need another.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins is looking to be a LT and expecting LT money. He is off our list. There are no RTs that are upgrades over what we currently have in FA. We may have to live with Polumbus one more year or Compton beats him out this year.

Avoid Hicks, way to many danger signs with him, from injury to lack of big plays. We already have a stable full of WRs with his talent and health. We don't need another.
s

I could post multiple links showing the Redskins are interested in Anthony Collins and as for wide receiver we have absolutely nobody besides Garcon and Nicks has already stated he would sign a 1 year prove it deal

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say we weren't interested in Collins, what I said is that we can't afford him, thus he will be unattainable. Someone will sign him as a LT. What does Nicks bring that we don't already have? A mediocre WR that has injury issues, doesn't play STs, and can't find the end zone with a map. We already have one of those in Hank. Why would you want Nicks? Just because you can get him cheap doesn't mean he helps the team. Go to the draft and get a young WR that can play STs (maybe a returner??) that can grow with the team. There are no WRs in FA that I think are worth it this year. The top guys are going to go for big money (more than they are worth) and the rest of the group just isn't that good. If we are dead set on a WR in FA, I'd risk it on a Kenny Britt.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad but 4 questions:

1) Who is starting at ILB for you?

2) Who are your DEs?

3) I take it you are giving up on Leribeus and Gettis because there is no room for them to start with your FA and draft.

4) Who are your WRs going to be this season on our roster? We already have Garcon and now you pay a pretty penny for Nicks (who won't sign a one year deal in my estimate), draft Bryant in the 3rd (same round as Hankerson) and take Janis. I assume you keep Garcon, Nicks, Hankerson, Bryant, and Janis while cutting Robinson.

CountryRoads...These are my questions regarding your plan. Can you shed light?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB-Brandon Spikes maybe Riley if they re-sign him if not-Will Compton,Keenan Robinson and draft pick Christian Jones

DE-Jenkins,Bowen,Golston,Worthington and Baker can play DE or NT

WR-Garcon, Nicks has stated he will sign for a 1 year contract if not- Hankerson,Robinson and Draft picks-Martavis Bryant, Jeff Janis

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB-Brandon Spikes maybe Riley if they re-sign him if not-Will Compton,Keenan Robinson and draft pick Christian Jones

DE-Jenkins,Bowen,Golston,Worthington and Baker can play DE or NT

WR-Garcon, Nicks has stated he will sign for a 1 year contract if not- Hankerson,Robinson and Draft picks-Martavis Bryant, Jeff Janis

That leaves a huge hold at ILB. You are counting on a PS guy, an injured guy, and a 4th round draft pick.

At DE, Bowen is and has been injured and we get no interior pressure...that's why RAK and Kerrigan don't get more sacks.

So you would take Martavis Bryant to sit the bench?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That leaves a huge hold at ILB. You are counting on a PS guy, an injured guy, and a 4th round draft pick.

At DE, Bowen is and has been injured and we get no interior pressure...that's why RAK and Kerrigan don't get more sacks.

So you would take Martavis Bryant to sit the bench?

wow you have just lost all respectability with that response

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im an outsider but was wondering the same thing as gkekoa