• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Big Board

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd do this for fun just to see what everyone else thought about the players this year as well.

1.) Clowney
2.) Sammy Watkins
3.) Mack
4.) Greg Robinson
5.) Mike Evans
6.) Jake Matthews
7.) CJ Mosley
8.) Taylor Lewan
9.) Aaron Donald
10.) Anthony Barr
11.) Eric Ebron
12.) Zack Martin
13.) Justin Gilbert
14.) Calvin Pryor
15.) HaHa Clinton-Dix
16.) Ryan Shazier
17.) Teddy Bridgewater
18.) Darquez Dennard
19.) Marqise Lee
20.) Brandon Cook
21.) Odell Beckham Jr.
22.) Morgan Moses
23.) Timmy Jernigan
24.) Johnny Manzell
25.) Blake Bortles

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that is starting to stand out to me is Barr. Some expert yesterday on nfl.com had him dropping to us at 16. Ive also seen him go in the 20s in some mocks. I dont think he makes it past the Titans , but if he were to somehow slip- would he be a good fit at DE

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that is starting to stand out to me is Barr. Some expert yesterday on nfl.com had him dropping to us at 16. Ive also seen him go in the 20s in some mocks. I dont think he makes it past the Titans , but if he were to somehow slip- would he be a good fit at DE

Barr concerns me because he is a converted RB, who may still play with an offensive mentality

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd do this for fun just to see what everyone else thought about the players this year as well.

1.) Clowney
2.) Sammy Watkins
3.) Mack
4.) Greg Robinson
5.) Mike Evans
6.) Jake Matthews
7.) CJ Mosley
8.) Taylor Lewan
9.) Aaron Donald
10.) Anthony Barr
11.) Eric Ebron
12.) Zack Martin
13.) Justin Gilbert
14.) Calvin Pryor
15.) HaHa Clinton-Dix
16.) Ryan Shazier
17.) Teddy Bridgewater
18.) Darquez Dennard
19.) Marqise Lee
20.) Brandon Cook
21.) Odell Beckham Jr.
22.) Morgan Moses
23.) Timmy Jernigan
24.) Johnny Manzell
25.) Blake Bortles
Try again. Manzell 24? Not a good list.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think higher on Manzell or lower

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.) Clowney
2.) Sammy Watkins
3.) Mack
4.) Greg Robinson
5.) Mike Evans
6.) Jake Matthews
7.) CJ Mosley
8.) Taylor Lewan
9.) Aaron Donald
10.) Anthony Barr
11.) Eric Ebron
12.) Zack Martin
13.) Justin Gilbert
14.) Calvin Pryor
15.) HaHa Clinton-Dix
16.) Ryan Shazier
17.) Teddy Bridgewater
18.) Darquez Dennard
19.) Marqise Lee
20.) Brandon Cook
21.) Odell Beckham Jr.
22.) Morgan Moses
23.) Timmy Jernigan
24.) Johnny Manzell
25.) Blake Bortles

Is that your big board as far as BPA in general, or Cowboys specific?
If we are talking big board for Dallas, I would like

Watkins
Barr
Clowney
Robinson
Donald
Matthews
Ealy
Dix
Mack
Martin
Gilbert
Shazier
Nix
Pryor
Hageman
Lewan
Dennard
Jernigan
Evans
Ford
Mosely
Pryor
Lee
Ward
Richardson
Ebron
Not a QB worth a 1st rounder in this draft IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try again. Manzell 24? Not a good list.

Well it's his Board, so he gets to rank them right? Put yours up. Mine only goes to about 12 or 15 now, but i am going to try to get to around 20 and list it later. I agree with most of it, but a few positions here and there really doesn't mean much. The one that I would rank the MOST different would Evans. But at least now I see why Nets wanted us to take him if available!!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the two boards I'd say nets is better. Even Dallas specific the 3 OLmen should be higher than Donald. I'd have Dix and Pryor higher too even though I really doubt Jerry wants a S in the 1st. As for QB's on the big board considering Nets has them at 24 and 25 he's saying if they are there in the 2nd he'd take one.

I can respect that thought but I wouldn't Draft a QB in the 2nd. Now if Garoppolo is available in the 3rd I'd have give him a serious consideration.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to offer a ''better'' list, just an opinion. I'd be interested in anyone's list.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the two boards I'd say nets is better. Even Dallas specific the 3 OLmen should be higher than Donald. I'd have Dix and Pryor higher too even though I really doubt Jerry wants a S in the 1st. As for QB's on the big board considering Nets has them at 24 and 25 he's saying if they are there in the 2nd he'd take one.

I can respect that thought but I wouldn't Draft a QB in the 2nd. Now if Garoppolo is available in the 3rd I'd have give him a serious consideration.

Of the OL, I did have Robinson over Donald, but I think Robinson is the best fit for the Cowboys scheme. I'm sure Donald isn't top 5 on very many boards, same with Barr, but I think they are both gonna be great. That's the fun of it, to see if we are right or wrong

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the OL, I did have Robinson over Donald, but I think Robinson is the best fit for the Cowboys scheme. I'm sure Donald isn't top 5 on very many boards, same with Barr, but I think they are both gonna be great. That's the fun of it, to see if we are right or wrong

I see Lewan and Matthews as can't miss NFL players. I question Donalds NFL chances because of his size. I'm not saying he is a 100% bust but I see a risk in him. I don't want to take a guy in the 1st I have concerns about.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to offer a ''better'' list, just an opinion. I'd be interested in anyone's list.

I wasn't trying to get into an argument just that I'm more in line with Nets here. I applaud both of you for making a list because I won't put one together.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to get into an argument just that I'm more in line with Nets here. I applaud both of you for making a list because I won't put one together.

Ha, I'm not arguing either Bro, just saying I wasn't trying to one up Nets. He's a pretty sharp dude IMO. :suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Lewan and Matthews as can't miss NFL players. I question Donalds NFL chances because of his size. I'm not saying he is a 100% bust but I see a risk in him. I don't want to take a guy in the 1st I have concerns about.

I think Matthews is gonna be really good. I think Lewan may boom or bust, talented but question marks. I really like Zach Martin, if we took him at 16, I'd be fine by that. Really, at 16, there are many ways Jerry could go and help the team

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Matthews is gonna be really good. I think Lewan may boom or bust, talented but question marks. I really like Zach Martin, if we took him at 16, I'd be fine by that. Really, at 16, there are many ways Jerry could go and help the team

Agree. I can't see how Jerry can't fuck up in the 1st rd. Even with my questions about Donald I can see he has a chance to be a pro bowler. While I question his size I can see that his size may give him an advantage of staying under the pad level of OLmen helping him rush the passer. The reason I don't like his size is he won't be able to take away passing lanes with his hands.

For Jerry to screw up the 1st round he will really have to try. I cam say the same about the 2nd due to the depth of talent this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Agree. I can't see how Jerry can't fuck up in the 1st rd. Even with my questions about Donald I can see he has a chance to be a pro bowler. While I question his size I can see that his size may give him an advantage of staying under the pad level of OLmen helping him rush the passer. The reason I don't like his size is he won't be able to take away passing lanes with his hands.

For Jerry to screw up the 1st round he will really have to try. I cam say the same about the 2nd due to the depth of talent this year.

100% agree. After doing two mocks for SportsHoopla, and seeing several of the Mocks that Nets did, with the Cowboys having 11 picks, there's just no excuse for the Cowboys to walk away with less than 2-3 starters and another couple of contributors. The only thing Jerry might do to totally F it up might be to Trade a 1st and a 2nd to move up(disaster in this draft), or sit tight and draft Manziel or Bridgewater. If that happened, I think this board might go up in flames

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. After doing two mocks for SportsHoopla, and seeing several of the Mocks that Nets did, with the Cowboys having 11 picks, there's just no excuse for the Cowboys to walk away with less than 2-3 starters and another couple of contributors. The only thing Jerry might do to totally F it up might be to Trade a 1st and a 2nd to move up(disaster in this draft), or sit tight and draft Manziel or Bridgewater. If that happened, I think this board might go up in flames

I see only a few ways Jerry could fuck up.

1) Take a flier on a guy in the 1st 3 rounds. Draft is too deep to take a chance on a flier.... Yes this includes Barr.

2) take a Qb in the first 2 rounds. Manster will have to buy me a new TV

3) Take an O-lineman in the 1st round. 1st rounders are supposed to be day one starters. Our O-line was pretty good last year. Taking one in the first wouldn't make sense. Could we upgrade sure.... but doubt it would be a day one upgrade.... more like halfway through the season upgrade..... and I think you could get that in the 2nd with the depth of the draft.

4) trade up .... If someone drops ... sure a handful of spots maybe .... but not a big move like we did with Mo .... Too much depth in this draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Take a flier on a guy in the 1st 3 rounds. Draft is too deep to take a chance on a flier.... Yes this includes Barr.

3) Take an O-lineman in the 1st round. 1st rounders are supposed to be day one starters. Our O-line was pretty good last year. Taking one in the first wouldn't make sense. Could we upgrade sure.... but doubt it would be a day one upgrade.... more like halfway through the season upgrade..... and I think you could get that in the 2nd with the depth of the draft.

4) trade up .... If someone drops ... sure a handful of spots maybe .... but not a big move like we did with Mo .... Too much depth in this draft.
I agree with everything you said except point #1. If Barr fell to 16, I think he would be the steal of the draft. As to OL in the first round, it would really have to be a deal where there was a run of Donald, Ealy, Shazier, Dix, Pryor and Jernigan all coming off in the top 15, which seems unlikely, before the Cowboys take a kid like Martin in the first, but even then, why not grab a S like Ward or a DT like Hageman in the 1st and then get an Antonio Richardson in the 2nd?
As to QB in the 1st, that's the monster fail. IMO, I would take the guys projected for the 2nd round or later over all the 1st rounders in this draft. 1st rounders Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr. I'm on the record that later picks like Mettenberger, Murray, Garapollo, and McCarron have a better combined record as starters than the first rounders

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't have the money to buy you a new tv after I had to replace mine.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A
I agree with everything you said except point #1. If Barr fell to 16, I think he would be the steal of the draft. As to OL in the first round, it would really have to be a deal where there was a run of Donald, Ealy, Shazier, Dix, Pryor and Jernigan all coming off in the top 15, which seems unlikely, before the Cowboys take a kid like Martin in the first, but even then, why not grab a S like Ward or a DT like Hageman in the 1st and then get an Antonio Richardson in the 2nd?
As to QB in the 1st, that's the monster fail. IMO, I would take the guys projected for the 2nd round or later over all the 1st rounders in this draft. 1st rounders Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater and Carr. I'm on the record that later picks like Mettenberger, Murray, Garapollo, and McCarron have a better combined record as starters than the first rounders

I am not too sure about Barr, some have questioned if he is physical enough to be a NFL LB/DE. This team already have enough converted RB turn Defensive players....