• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 53 (After pre-season #2)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense
QB Russell Wilson
QB Tarvaris Jackson
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Robert Turbin
RB Christine Michael
RB/FB Spencer Ware
FB Michael Robinson
TE Zach Miller
TE Luke Willson
TE Shane McGrath
WR Sidney Rice
WR/PR Golden Tate
WR Percy Harvin
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Stephen Williams
WR/KR Jevon Kearse
C Max Unger
C/G Lemuel Jeanpierre
G Paul McQuistan
G J.R. Sweezey
G John Moffitt
G/T James Carpenter
T Russell Okung
T Breno Giacomini
T Michael Bowie

Defense
DE Chris Clemons
DE Cliff Avril
DE Red Bryant
DE/DT Michael Bennett
DE/LB Bruce Irvin
DE/LB O'Brien Schofield
DT Brandon Mebane
DT Jordan Hill
DT Jesse Wailliams
DT Jaye Howard
LB Bobby Wagner
LB K.J. Wright
LB Malcolm Smith
LB Heath Farwell
LB Allen Bradford
LB John Lotulelei
CB Richard Sherman
CB Brandon Browner
CB Antoine Winfield
CB Walter Thrumond III
CB Byron Maxwell
CB Jeremy Lane
S Kam Chancellor
S Earl Thomas
S Jeron Johnson

Special Teams
K Steven Hauschka
P Jon Ryan
LS Clint Gresham

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I really like that I think may be cut:

Darren Fells - wanted to see what he could do, but I don't think he's even played yet, so that doesn't look good for his chances.

Benson Mayowa - This season's Nick Reed, and though I really like what he's done in the preseason there just is too little room on the DL.

Will Blackmon - Was my frontrunner for KR duties, but the Hawks have shown that there are a lot of guys who can hold that role, and he just isn't good enough as a CB to make the team on defense.

Chris Maragos - Has been a mainstay on special teams the last few years, and though I have an issue with only 3 safeties, I eventually went with him as the odd man out.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it, but I'm really concerned about Carpenter, as well as Irvin.
I want them to succeed (a la Curry) but, I have doubts
But, I'm not worried because we have so much depth and PC/JS will cut guys, and keep the best, regardless of draft position.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great list, but it's Jermaine Kearse at WR/KR. I believe Jevon Kearse was a defensive player.
I wouldn't expect a coug to get the name of a dawg right though ;-)

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darren Fells - wanted to see what he could do, but I don't think he's even played yet, so that doesn't look good for his chances.

Benson Mayowa - This season's Nick Reed, and though I really like what he's done in the preseason there just is too little room on the DL.

Will Blackmon - Was my frontrunner for KR duties, but the Hawks have shown that there are a lot of guys who can hold that role, and he just isn't good enough as a CB to make the team on defense.

Chris Maragos - Has been a mainstay on special teams the last few years, and though I have an issue with only 3 safeties, I eventually went with him as the odd man out.

We have to carry a backup FS and Maragos is there.

What about Tony McDaniel?

Schofield and Irvin need to be dropped into your LB classification which makes that grouping too heavy. It's a Special teams group but that's too many LB's.

The one guy that seems to be an automatic and I've watched him and watched him and don't believe he should make the final cut is Malcolm Smith. Malcolm is way too undersized to play the SAM and it was evident. He gets washed out way too easily. With spots at a serious premium, Malcolm doesn't stand out and for ST's? He's the only overrated guy I see on the field.

Schofield cemented his roster spot on that left hand forced fumble and have the where with all to locate the ball and pounce on it. Schofield should be the starting SAM and it's not because of just that 1 play. O Brien forces the action while MSmith allows the action to force him. Then Irvin needs to steal it back after game 4.

Winfield is going to be challenged by WT3 the next 2 weeks. That starting .05 back is still up for grabs. WT3 has his quickness back and is a natural slot CB. He can be that gambling type, take a shot at jumping the route for the big play because you have the legion of boom covering your @$$ on the backside. Stay healthy WT3.

Allen Bradford is impressive. He is a down hill thumper and I'm not going to say who he reminds me of because it's pre-season, but Bradford is the real deal. He should never have let PC switch him to RB at USC. MIKE is set with Wags and Brads. The way we're playing our LB's in that 3-4 look, Bradford could back up both Wags and KJ, thus eliminating the need to carry a cluttered LB group.

Another guy who is a really good football player but we don't have room on the starting roster is Cooper Helfet. He runs the route, has very good hands but is just a bit undersized and lacks the upside. I enjoy watching Helfet play ball.

I felt bad for Derrek Coleman last night. Spencer Ware makes a JLWilliams play and then Coleman drops a ball that would've been a 1st down. It's often that 1 play that determines a spot as the competition is so fierce right now.

I need to see more of Alvin Bailey and Michael Bowie on the OL. Those are tough calls, too. Our OL will have incredible depth no matter who PC/JS decide to keep. I think both guys are getting serious looks at both T and G to see who has that versatility. :noidea: Cable will figure it out.

Biggest disappointment is Chris Harper. PC/JS love the bigger receiver and they seemed to force this draft selection. With 20/20, it's now even more obvious that my guy Corey Lemonier should've been nabbed with our 3rd rd selection as I was screaming for:gaah: and JHill was available in rd 4, thus eliminating the need to grab CHarper. OK guys, you're outstanding talent evaluators but can you stop with the 4th rd WR's? It's not working. Practice squad and future baller?

TJack looks as composed and if the game has slowed down for him. It has because he's going up against backup D's but I have a strange confidence in him as our backup that if RWill went down for a 3-4 game stretch, TJack could keep the train on the track. There's this peace that TJack has his role and there's comfort in it for him.

Rambling early morning thoughts.....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sold on the 3 Safeties, but I also know there is talk that the team wants Johnson to play both free and strong safety this season, thus possibly making him the back up for both safety positions.

I kept Irvin and Schofield on the DL because I haven't seen Schofield play anything but DE this preseason. I know there's been talk about moving Irvin to LB, but I'm not seeing that yet (though I haven't been to any of the practices), so I left them there and we'll see where it ends up.

I'm not a Malcolm Smith fan either, but I just don't see him getting cut. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the season as the starter as less seasoned guys are allowed to season up a bit.

Thurmond is showing what many of us thought he could be, as long as he stayed healthy. Remember, it was him going down that put Sherman into the starting lineup a couple seasons ago. That turned out well for the team, but poor Thurmond hasn't played much since. So it's really nice to see him getting a chance to show how effective he could be (wish he was healthy last year).

If the team wants 4 HBs or 2 FBs, Spencer Ware will be the guy. Ware still has some hesitancy at FB as the lead blocker, but his versatility and the situation where he'll be behind Robinson, allows him to learn some more about that position.

Now, I did put Harvin on here, and others leave him off. I'm not 100% sure how the injury affects our 53 man roster, so that could be an extra spot that is available for a while that I am needlessly filling.

Yes, I meant Jermaine...Javon just came to my head at the time :p

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Harvin would need to carried on the 53. That being said even without I think we still only carry 5 WR and I agree with 5 you listed. If they were to carry a 6th I dont think it would be Harper but Bryan Walters. Pete is always raving about him and I wouldnt be shocked if he pulled a Charley Martin and made it somehow.

I would like like to see Bailey and Bowie both on the roster although that would mean probably carrying 10 OL. Although I still want Moffit to prove his spot.

I also think your roster is pretty LB heavy. I think Marangos is on the team.

Its no secret we are going to have to cut a lot of quality guys, my fear is they catch on somewhere else but I guess thats just the way it is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With use of the IR for at least one Seahawk player he just may find a way on the roster.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to see Benson Mayowa on the practice squad before he gets cut.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the deal with Chris Harper? I haven't seen too many plays from him so far but he has been playing. It would to have a 4th rounder not even be good enough for a roster spot only months after being drafted. Has he had a bad training camp?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the deal with Chris Harper? I haven't seen too many plays from him so far but he has been playing. It would to have a 4th rounder not even be good enough for a roster spot only months after being drafted. Has he had a bad training camp?

I think it was a gamble pick that didn't work out fast enough. He's an outstanding athlete with lots of promise, but it was probably the wrong year for a player like this to make the this teams roster. Seahawks are going all in on a NFC championship / SB. If this was two years ago, he would of probably made the team, and would be given time to develop. But not 2013. Not when we are trying to squeeze the max out of every 53 spot to make us the best right now. There is a possibility he makes the practice squad. But that's it right now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker

Fells played in the last game. Number 88.
He is a little slow in reaction and looked a little lost out there. The guy looks like a giant though and boy if he just had played more football in his life he might have been special. I too wanted to see him play and when i saw he was in i focused on him. He is raw and i think is a strong candidate for the PS.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who never gets a real shot?
Konz.
I wish they would throw the ball to him so we can see him run. Remember this guy is a low 4.4 40 guy with a 46 inch vertical. He just never gets a real chance to play. Was put into the game in the 4th quarter when the Hawks weren't doing much. He did have a running into the return man but i thought that was a little bogus. The guy waves for a fair catch as he is moving forward then almost stops THEN sprints into Konz. Not much Konz could do there. The guy seemed to bait him into it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker

Fells played in the last game. Number 88.
He is a little slow in reaction and looked a little lost out there. The guy looks like a giant though and boy if he just had played more football in his life he might have been special. I too wanted to see him play and when i saw he was in i focused on him. He is raw and i think is a strong candidate for the PS.

Thanks. I didn't notice anyone but Willson, McGrath and Helfit at TE, but due to the length of the game, my DVR didn't record the whole thing.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sold on the 3 Safeties, but I also know there is talk that the team wants Johnson to play both free and strong safety this season, thus possibly making him the back up for both safety positions.

I kept Irvin and Schofield on the DL because I haven't seen Schofield play anything but DE this preseason. I know there's been talk about moving Irvin to LB, but I'm not seeing that yet (though I haven't been to any of the practices), so I left them there and we'll see where it ends up.

I'm not a Malcolm Smith fan either, but I just don't see him getting cut. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the season as the starter as less seasoned guys are allowed to season up a bit.

If the team wants 4 HBs or 2 FBs, Spencer Ware will be the guy. Ware still has some hesitancy at FB as the lead blocker, but his versatility and the situation where he'll be behind Robinson, allows him to learn some more about that position.

You see Schofield on the DL because they want to see how he looks rushing the passer as the SAM LB in our 3-4 dog the QB package. He's still a w.i.p. but will make the squad. Irvin will be in that same role.

That is a reason we don't need a MSmith, though he likely makes the squad and wastes a roster spot. Schofield and Irvin lock up the SAM. Wags as the MIKE. KJ as the WILL with Bradford and 1 of 3 below as backups for Wags and KJ. That is all we need for backers in a non-focused LB team.

ABradford is good, especially for a guy who is transitioning back to LB. He's a lock. I can't see us keeping both Farwell and Lotu. Heck, I wish they'd only keep 1 of the 3 between Far, Lotu and MSmith.

We could use the extra at OL, DL pass rush and secondary.

3 RB's and 2 FB's with Ware taking the lead on Coleman. Ware is a more powerful version of JL Williams, one of the great versatile Hawk RB/FB combo's. That's Ware.

Good list that will get clearer next week.