• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 10 team work league- not entirely proud

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000003289.jpg
1000003290.jpg

Bah... ended up with a couple I really didn't want.

4pt pass TD's, was in NOOOO rush to take a QB

Could've been worse, could've been better

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this team. Adams was a hard pass for me everywhere this year but thats nitpicking personal preference. Nothing wrong with the pick.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this team. Adams was a hard pass for me everywhere this year but thats nitpicking personal preference. Nothing wrong with the pick.
True, I'm not all that high in Adams this year either, but Raiders will lose more than they win, and someone has to catch the ball besides Mayer and rookie Bowers.

What sucked was Evans and Pittman went back to back right in front of me, so after I got Laporta, it was Adams or Nico, and I'm very down on Nico with Diggs around, and my personal feelings that Tank Dell is the best WR in that team.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. Easy to like a team stacked with rbs and WRs. The rest is preference. And some real potential on the bench to overtake some starters. And not because the starters are weak.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I'm not all that high in Adams this year either, but Raiders will lose more than they win, and someone has to catch the ball besides Mayer and rookie Bowers.

What sucked was Evans and Pittman went back to back right in front of me, so after I got Laporta, it was Adams or Nico, and I'm very down on Nico with Diggs around, and my personal feelings that Tank Dell is the best WR in that team.
I agree on adams. For some reason i see him being “hurt” on and off all year. Im higher on pittman than most, was last year too. I actually disagree in diggs though. I think nico is the guy there. I think diggs is the third wheel. But will be interesting to watch it shake out. I still think the bigger winner is joe mixon

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too bad from the 10 spot. I think you got some good value with the later picks, Daniels being so late and some potential under the radar contributors with those Chargers players. Maybe more personal preference here, but I would have stayed away from Pickens considering I already had Adams. That's too risky for my taste in having two receivers I could easily see having down years. But without knowing how the draft board looked, can't really knock you for it. I think Flowers and McLaurin are typically drafted in that range and I'd rather have them, but they may not have been around. I guess this is a long winded way of saying you probably want to search the waivers for WR production in the first couple of weeks to see who is raking in targets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have good RB’s and they perform everything else around them will form…I like to think that but it’s probably bullshit. Isn’t an eye-popping team so you probably end up being one of the best if your best can stay on the field

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too bad from the 10 spot. I think you got some good value with the later picks, Daniels being so late and some potential under the radar contributors with those Chargers players. Maybe more personal preference here, but I would have stayed away from Pickens considering I already had Adams. That's too risky for my taste in having two receivers I could easily see having down years. But without knowing how the draft board looked, can't really knock you for it. I think Flowers and McLaurin are typically drafted in that range and I'd rather have them, but they may not have been around. I guess this is a long winded way of saying you probably want to search the waivers for WR production in the first couple of weeks to see who is raking in targets
Good feedback, thanks.

Once I saw the 4pt passing TD's, I figured I'd wait until Daniels was the obvious 'best of the rest' , a running QB in this format is great- Josh Allen went #9 overall. But knowing his frailty, I knew I'd have to double up quick too. I expect plenty of points from Daniels every week he plays, I do not expect him to play more than half the games though. If he does, hey, lucky me I guess.

I would only 'counter debate' that if Adams and Pickens are likely for down years due to bad offenses (which I agree with), that also applies to McLaurin- rookie QB and even if that QB is good, the rest of the team is horrible. And relatively speaking, also applies to Flowers, whose QB is great.. at running and throwing to TE's, not a great success rate throwing to Flowers- barely 55%.

And both were gone by the time I took Pickens to boot so there's that :)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Solid up the middle and good value on your TE and QBs. Daniels was a guy that I liked this year, but I live near DC, so he gets overdrafted around here and I am not going to reach for him. He didn't last until the double digit rounds in any of my drafts.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme ask you something @TREFF about the Cowboys DST...

Could've sworn i saw a report like way before camp and OTAs that said the Boys lost 4 defensive starters in free agency. And yet i see Dallas routinely coming off the board - not just ahead of other DST - but rounds ahead of other DST. You took them in the 8th.

Your assessment please.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could've sworn i saw a report like way before camp and OTAs that said the Boys lost 4 defensive starters in free agency. And yet i see Dallas routinely coming off the board - not just ahead of other DST - but rounds ahead of other DST. You took them in the 8th.

Your assessment please.

irrelevant to the analysis on the cowboys defense... the actual rounds for defense will always be spread out more than any other position... owners will draft defense if they just dont like anything else, and then they pick the defense they like, not necessarily the top ADP...

its like kickers, when has that position ever been even close to ADP?? people dont mind going off ADP more in Defense and Kickers...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irrelevant to the analysis on the cowboys defense...
Its not.
Bears were a top 5 DST. But if Urlacher and Briggs were not playing they werent.
Same for JJ Watt and the Bosas.

Cant see how losing 4 defensive starters makes them status quo.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not.
Bears were a top 5 DST. But if Urlacher and Briggs were not playing they werent.
Same for JJ Watt and the Bosas.

Cant see how losing 4 defensive starters make them status quo.

sorry... i wasnt clear on what my point was... and it wasnt even towards your question, which is why you never caught on to the point...

i wasnt going to analyze the defense... i was commenting on the rounds before comment... the rounds where defenses are taken are very irrelevant, as they could be just the earliest an owner is comfortable drafting a defense while they have no other choice they like... when you dont like your options you often look at a position not being taken yet,,, and why not take a defense you like??

but to the actual analysis... i dont think it really is even about how good they are... you look much better when you have 2 games vs giants and 2 games vs commanders(even if you think one or both those teams will be better than expected)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your assessment please.
My assessment is-
The only significant loss on the D they really had was a reserve DE and 2 DT which were 'starters', but rotational players overall. Pass rushers mostly intact. Secondary intact, minus Kearse who wasn't there last year anyways. LB's intact-and they added Kendricks. They do need a couple things to go right in shoring up that interior D line, but they guys in place are mostly highly regarded, at least internally-we shall see.

D. Lawrence is still there, Parsons is still there. Pressuring the QB leads to turnovers/sacks. And in most standard scoring leagues, it barely matters how many points and yards they allow.

And it helps that Turnpin is a very dangerous return man - Pro Bowl as a rookie in 2022, All pro in 2022, Prof Football Focus 1st team returner 2023.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your assessment please.
And I did take the first defense off the board in this particular draft. I usually do not do that, BUT, given the build of my team, had decent WR/RB/TE starters, had a couple depth pieces. wasn't at all interested in a QB at that point, had no plans of a backup TE and if I did decide to, it'd be the last pick I make, obviously wasn't going to take a kicker. So I was left with a choice going with a random WR/RB who's quality at that point was at best marginally different than what I could get 20 picks later, or a DST, so I pulled the trigger earlier than I normally would've. I did start a run though, 3 defense went in the following round.

Now, had this been a 6 point passing TD league, I would've had a QB earlier, less depth at RB or WR, and I would've waited longer on the D

(and yes, like Milk Mentioned, 4 games vs the Gmen and WFT, plus the Panthers, Steelers and Chubb-less Browns is also a good thing)

Last edited: