• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]NeG2aSGDhao&feature=grec_index[/YOUTUBE]

Me in this chick have a lot in common...except I have the other kind of private parts. I'm pretty much that drunk right now though.

Holy fuck it worked.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]NeG2aSGDhao&feature=grec_index[/YOUTUBE]

Me in this chick have a lot in common...except I have the other kind of private parts. I'm pretty much that drunk right now though.

Holy fuck it worked.

damn dude........did you lose your job today??? :D

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Office Space? I gotta hear that story. My job just went to Mexico without me. I saw it comin', but it's still hard to plan for that.

Ah, you weren't here yet. Well, it goes a little like this. I graduated May 09 from Auburn with a degree in Actuarial Science ( beanactuary.com ) didn't get a job until November. I was doing software testing for an insurance software company near B'ham for a while. Then the last weekend of April I went to the beach with some good friends. Had a really good time. On Sunday we got to talking about work, and my buddy that runs a landscaping business said he pays his 'amigos' $14/hr (illegal). I was like damn I only make 11.50 sitting at a desk all day. I would rather do something else. So, I just pretty much stayed at the beach and said I just didn't want to go to work anymore, so I wasn't going....LOL......I just now got a job at a bar 4 weeks ago, I didn't work for 2 whole months...and had that bad experience in the middle of it.

The crazy thing is actuaries make a whole lot of money....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I was looking it up really briefly. Risk assessment shit. According to my old roommate, an accountant, you would make a lot more than that. And that conversation happened well before this one. That's a pretty $$ field right now, isn't it?

I think I said in another thread that I graduated with a history degree, but that was after waffling like Favre between Criminal Justice, Education, and Poli-Sci for 4 years, and then some time off completely. I decided not to teach, or go for the MA or PhD. Did sales for a while, took an entry level job that might have taken me to internal sales vp, but I saw the writing on the wall about 4 months into it, around Dec. 2008. Spent two years just saving up for the inevitable, got laid off back in March. I qualify for a training grant. But I would rather find a job. It's not as easy as some people would like to think. There's an ass load of competition right now.

edit: vp of internal sales was kind of a lofty presumptuous, maybe even make believe goal, but corporate was pushing a "corporate culture" at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I was looking it up really briefly. Risk assessment shit. According to my old roommate, an accountant, you would make a lot more than that. And that conversation happened well before this one. That's a pretty $$ field right now, isn't it?

I think I said in another thread that I graduated with a history degree, but that was after waffling like Favre between Criminal Justice, Education, and Poli-Sci for 4 years, and then some time off completely. I decided not to teach, or go for the MA or PhD. Did sales for a while, took an entry level job that might have taken me to internal sales vp, but I saw the writing on the wall about 4 months into it, around Dec. 2008. Spent two years just saving up for the inevitable, got laid off back in March. I qualify for a training grant. But I would rather find a job. It's not as easy as some people would like to think. There's an ass load of competition right now.

edit: vp of internal sales was kind of a lofty presumptuous, maybe even make believe goal, but corporate was pushing a "corporate culture" at the time.

yeah, I could be making 40-50K entry level, but I'd have to move to the Midwest or New York/Boston. Well actually a guy I graduated with moved to NY making 90K for his first job....I just don't know if that's really me though. I may rather just play in the band I'm in and cook making my little $1500 a month and be happy....we'll see

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I could be making 40-50K entry level, but I'd have to move to the Midwest or New York/Boston. Well actually a guy I graduated with moved to NY making 90K for his first job....I just don't know if that's really me though. I may rather just play in the band I'm in and cook making my little $1500 a month and be happy....we'll see

Midwest ain't so bad depending on where. :cool: You need to know about a place, just let me know man.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Midwest ain't so bad depending on where. :cool: You need to know about a place, just let me know man.

cool, appreciate it man...I'm actually hoping to get an interview for this job in Miami that I applied for.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]0xZAABsOM7A&playnext=1&videos=FtK3ljZN4j8&feature=artistob[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.