• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]Y7mWFtd-3GI[/YOUTUBE]

I may have posted this before but it is a great RT song that never got a lot of air play.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used to play the hell out of this in my under the dash quadraphonic 8-track player.

Last edited by a moderator:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol sooner, you have pretty good taste in music... You mind giving me your opinion on this track me and my buddy have been working on? (We have about 3-5 minutes of unrecorded stuff after this, but we can't record until winter break since he's at USF...)

It's rough so bear with it lol.

Flying Over a Desert on a Dirty Shag Carpet V2 by tebown on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Honestly, it was doing good until the piano came in. Not sure if it was the way it came in or what but after that it sounded like there was conflict between the piano section onward and what had came before. I like the way it started a lot but I think a better transition into the piano would help.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it was doing good until the piano came in. Not sure if it was the way it came in or what but after that it sounded like there was conflict between the piano section onward and what had came before. I like the way it started a lot but I think a better transition into the piano would help.

Which part? After the guitar part ends and the synth comes in? I agree with you there lol. It might just be due to the lack of decent recording equipment my friend has in his dorm, but it comes off really rough at that point. I'm sure when we record the full thing at his dad's place over winter break (His dad has a recording studio in his house...) it will sound a lot more crisp. Thanks for the input though, it's much appreciated.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part? After the guitar part ends and the synth comes in? I agree with you there lol. It might just be due to the lack of decent recording equipment my friend has in his dorm, but it comes off really rough at that point. I'm sure when we record the full thing at his dad's place over winter break (His dad has a recording studio in his house...) it will sound a lot more crisp. Thanks for the input though, it's much appreciated.

I would either fade a little before the piano and then come back with both as is or maybe start the piano softer and crescendo it in...

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would make for a smoother sound as the transition is just too harsh as is. My preference would be bringing the piano in just a little softer to start...

Yeah I know what you mean. I agree. Those are two separate recordings, so I'm not sure how much thought he put into the transition. We just kind of spliced them together to get a good idea where we wanted it to go, but man, writing guitarparts is hard. That like :40 or so took me a couple days... I don't know how the hell he can crank out piano so quickly.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know what you mean. I agree. Those are two separate recordings, so I'm not sure how much thought he put into the transition. We just kind of spliced them together to get a good idea where we wanted it to go, but man, writing guitarparts is hard. That like :40 or so took me a couple days... I don't know how the hell he can crank out piano so quickly.

Don't ask me how some people can write music so quickly, or good for that matter. I can play it but I can't write a piece of music to save my soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.