• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Muffin

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade him for JVR......of course that creates a whole new set of leaving the zone problems....but I would be ok with it! :yes:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has regressed big time this year. I railed the hell out of him as you guys recall his first 2-3 years here, then the last 2 years he quieted me down by proving he can play serious situations and not be as big a dumbass as he was initially. Not sure what is going on this season but he is back to his dumbass self.

He is a possession beast on paper, which apparently is more important than goal scoring or in his case goals against defending, but sell high on that shit and get a legitimate T2-3 defender as the main bait if possible. He is somewhat young, has a lot of experience, groomed in a winning organization, has 2 Cups and his contract is affordable. He is very attractive from a lot of different POVs.

When they both got identical contracts I knew which one would turn out to be the better defender however, and that dude's name is Martinez. He is solid at both ends, knows when and when not to make the risky play and you can tell he has become part of the leadership group of this team. His progression has been very nice to see, and he left his inconsistent play back a long time ago and it hasn't really been seen since.

But just like J-Blow, the love affair from fans and management alike favor Muffin. Years later it was obvious to them how awful J-Blow truly was and while I don't think Muzzin is anywhere near that bad his reputation certainly precedes him.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is somewhat young, has a lot of experience, groomed in a winning organization, has 2 Cups and his contract is affordable.

He only has 1 (2014). I remember he went with the team to the Whitehouse in 2013, but he didn't play in 2012, and didn't get his name on the cup.

I have also noticed that he has reverted back to just getting the puck out of the zone, and not trying to skate it out or pass it.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected, that's right - I remember seeing him in his jersey on LA ice when they beat NJ but forgot he didn't play that season, he was recalled with the other AHL guys to watch and learn.

It's not just the skating I have noticed, it's mainly the lack of defensive awareness. I'm just waiting for the forced shot, only to be blocked and going the other way on a break by the challenging forward play to return again.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected, that's right - I remember seeing him in his jersey on LA ice when they beat NJ but forgot he didn't play that season, he was recalled with the other AHL guys to watch and learn.

I just remember his bad play early in 2013 season and wondering why he went to WH.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His poor play was came back last season, I remember quite a few stupid mistakes...those ones that lead to a premium scoring chance that Muffin likes to give up. I was down on Martinez at the beginning of his career but I agree with everything Puck said about him......If Muffin would have followed the same improvements he would be very good.