• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Orioles: 4/12 - 4/15

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chance sisco..up..i once long ..ago..wished..the mariners would trade,..for him..but he did not turn out..to be as good as he was..in the minors
right when i say that he singles to right field

ahh
hey through strikes..or go home..ah he walked him

mound visit
magavisios is done..will vest..takes over
mullins doubles..sisco scores..aaaahhh...orioles 5 mariners 4

Last edited:

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea it pains me to see him in the lineup.
He had near 200 MLB at bats last year and put up anemic numbers ( definitely sub .200 )
He will soon be the highest paid AAA 1st basemen.

Another Mariners misguided financial blunder ( splashing the pot on unproven big league talent )

The kid playing 1 bag in the 2nd game tonite is tearing the cover off the ball this season OPS over 1.000 and near .300 avg

White is floundering well below those numbers.

Why when you have money and time on your side as an organization, are these rookie upper mgmnt decisions being made ?
They are in the midst of a rebuild and they jam a completely no big league proven player into a multi-million dollar contract ??
Typical M's move

On the other hand it's another early to ripe then early to rotten season with an above .500 start a few games in.

They will have a better field presence when Lewis and Kelenic are mainstays in the lineup in a month or so, but does anyone truly have faith our front office is capable of building a true winner ? Sadly I do not.

Yea I will root for them to win, but they will always be playing 2nd fiddle to elite teams due to the Seattle Mariners front office's decisions ( bad ones )

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vest strikes out 1 guy..2 on 2nd..and 3rd..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had near 200 MLB at bats last year and put up anemic numbers ( definitely sub .200 )

Another Mariners misguided financial blunder ( splashing the pot on unproven big league talent )

The kid playing 1 bag in the 2nd game tonite is tearing the cover off the ball this season OPS over 1.000 and near .300 avg

Why when you have money and time on your side as an organization, are these rookie upper mgmnt decisions being made ?
They are in the midst of a rebuild and they jam a completely no big league proven player into a multi-million dollar contract ??
Typical M's move

On the other hand it's another early to ripe then early to rotten season with an above .500 start a few games in.

They will have a better field presence when Lewis and Kelenic are mainstays in the lineup in a month or so, but does anyone truly have faith our front office is capable of building a true winner ? Sadly I do not.

Yea I will root for them to win, but they will always be playing 2nd fiddle to elite teams due to the Seattle Mariners front office's decisions ( bad ones )

well..the equlizer..at 1st base..is marmo..hit a 3 run ..Hr..in the 3rd inning...but yeah..i feel your frustration..on that
the only other thing is white is a gold glove...

yeah./.i know..as far as line up..goes..they only need 1 more piece...with kelenic..and lewis..on the way...shed long will not cut it at 2B...he might at 3rd..but he cant cut it at 3rd if they dont try him there...that is about..defence

and haggerty..got a chance..but he is not comming through...time to move on........... soon
and..moore got a shot..at every day 2B...time to move on from that as well...moore is better than..haggerty..but is getting exposed..in every day..as the point has been made...and..point conceded...by..me..i will move on from that...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang..gota go again ..orioles 6............mariners 4...they losing but i wont be able to see it......till...later

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna with part of it being Montero missing his spot because his command was spotty but yeah i dont think in that situation a shift is necessary regardless.
And I can accept that, but then it keeps my distain for it the same because of you don't have a pitcher that can locate then a shift is devalued.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well game 2 was a typical loss. Great comeback with a 2 run homer to tie it in the 7th only to lose it with wild pitching and bad defense...by the pitcher. SMH...lol.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah im back again i missed the end...but i may have to re-evaluate on moore and haggerty..cuz..haggerty is hitting better than ..moore..right now

this is one thing that sticks out...haggerty does not stike out as much as moore......................strike outs..3
SamHaggerty
LF
SEA6192300120300.158.158.316.474

DylanMoore

............................................................ab.......................hits.4....................................................................strike outs 13
2BSEA113334300541320.121.211.212.423

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but taylor trammell..is strike out king
................................................................................................ab.....................H............................HR....RBi.....BB......SO..20.........................ave............OBP...........SLG................OPS
TaylorTrammell
CF
SEA103265102782001.156.325.375.700

its a story of good and bad ..with ..trammell...hrs 2..is good..for now..8 bases on balls is good..ops..is good..at 700

20 strike outs is not good..OBP..could be higher..and SLG..as well...........AVE..with more hits..would be higher

he has to do better..if he wants to stay..at..mlb...i know he eventually will...but im talking about this time...or he will get replaced..with kelenic..or fraley
when guys start comming back

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well game 2 was a typical loss. Great comeback with a 2 run homer to tie it in the 7th only to lose it with wild pitching and bad defense...by the pitcher. SMH...lol.
Yes, that was crap.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only was that bad, but the other 6 runs were because of Ty Frances error, literally all 7 runs the Os scored were because 2 really bad defensive plays.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only was that bad, but the other 6 runs were because of Ty Frances error, literally all 7 runs the Os scored were because 2 really bad defensive plays.
As bad as the error in the 7th was it was Ty’s error that cost us this game.

That error alone cost us four runs and sent Margevicius packing early when he was actually doing pretty well; that error ruined his day mentally.

Definitely brought back memories of having that smooth routine play at 2B with Robbie covering down and how much I miss that right as Ty bobbled the ball.

still like our chances in this series, should be 2-0 right now but we can still make it up.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical M's move

I can understand the move to offer that contract on all parties and everyone is taking a risk. If the Mariners didn't offer him that contract and brought him up in 2020 and he turns out to be an all start 1st baseman then he would file arbitration year 3 and by year 5 he would want some mega 300 mil 10 year contract or test free agency one year 6 is done which in this scenario would be financially draining and a headache for the mariners. With this contract he cant file arbitration and wont hit free agency until age 33 so this is a mega save on the Mariners. If White sucks then we are out 24 million which isn't the worst thing in the world also there are club buyout options the last 3 years.

They offered similar deals to both Kelenic and Gilbert and they both turned it down and they would bank on themselves being great ball players so they will set themselves up to test free agency and make as much money as possible or atleast do better than 24 million

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pitcher error instantly gave me flashbacks to Tom Wilhelmsen in Cleveland like 8 years ago. I instantly knew the game was done then

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but taylor trammell..is strike out king
................................................................................................ab.....................H............................HR....RBi.....BB......SO..20.........................ave............OBP...........SLG................OPS
TaylorTrammell
CF

its a story of good and bad ..with ..trammell...hrs 2..is good..for now..8 bases on balls is good..ops..is good..at 700

20 strike outs is not good..OBP..could be higher..and SLG..as well...........AVE..with more hits..would be higher

he has to do better..if he wants to stay..at..mlb...i know he eventually will...but im talking about this time...or he will get replaced..with kelenic..or fraley
when guys start comming back
He's a little over exposed right now given the injuries. Hopefully once Kelenic and Lewis are back and even Fraley to an extent, it will allow him to sit and get PH for against some lefties. Honestly this is what I wanted Dylan Moore used for and not a starting 2nd baseman but you know money and shit lol

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand the move to offer that contract on all parties and everyone is taking a risk. If the Mariners didn't offer him that contract and brought him up in 2020 and he turns out to be an all start 1st baseman then he would file arbitration year 3 and by year 5 he would want some mega 300 mil 10 year contract or test free agency one year 6 is done which in this scenario would be financially draining and a headache for the mariners. With this contract he cant file arbitration and wont hit free agency until age 33 so this is a mega save on the Mariners. If White sucks then we are out 24 million which isn't the worst thing in the world also there are club buyout options the last 3 years.

They offered similar deals to both Kelenic and Gilbert and they both turned it down and they would bank on themselves being great ball players so they will set themselves up to test free agency and make as much money as possible or atleast do better than 24 million

Yea I was aware of the 'implied risk' and benefit for both sides. Thanks for tossing out the numbers though.

I myself lean towards conserving the $$$ while putting all the young inexpensive prospects thru the paces to see the cream rise to the top during a rebuild. And hard money spent should be reserved for key bargain veteran fill ins that compliment a strong group of young players. ie: the $50 mil we laid out for Nelson Cruz for a 3-4 yr deal was such a bargain for money spent and return on investment.

It may work out for the Ms ... White is a solid defensive 1st basemen, but after 200-300 MLB at bats you usually get an idea of a guys ability to hit big league pitching. 1st base has traditionally been a position that clubs will defer some defensive ability for a guy who mashes the ball. The Mariners have flipped that analogy which is concerning.

unrelated: Poor defensive play is raring its ugly head far too often this early season. Losing games they would have otherwise won is unacceptable.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pitcher error instantly gave me flashbacks to Tom Wilhelmsen in Cleveland like 8 years ago. I instantly knew the game was done then

agree 100% - That is the most basic fundamental defensive play asked of a pitcher. Soft ground ball on the GLOVE HAND side leading them to 1st base. You have to make that simple play 99.99% of the time.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my brother with either the shift or pitch calling or both. The tying run in the 7th (final inning in this case) was gift by mariners pitching/managing. 2 outs tying run on 2nd with a leftie up and they move the SS to behind 2B. Okay if you are into that sort of thing, but then you throw a changeup on the outside corner of the plate tailing away from the hitter. So where does he hit it? Ya, right to the vacant SS spot. He had no choice but to hit it there. If you are going to pull the SS out of his position with a leftie up, then you have to pitch middle to inside...period.
Oh and I hate the shift so this just fuels me more than most, but stupid decision either way.
I have always agreed with John Smoltz on if I were a pitcher it would drive me nuts because it takes away half of the strike zone for a pitcher. But I guess as analytics keep saying a strikeout is the same as a single then what the heck I suppose.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I have heard it is the MLBPA is telling all of these guys to decline extensions because these extensions hurt the overall union.

But IIRC something was going on in White’s personal life that he could not pass it up. Though truthfully based off of percentages of who is suppose to make it vs who does make it, I really don’t understand why a young prospect wouldn’t take the money. As Mariners fans we have seen countless can’t miss prospects miss badly.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TaylorTrammell
CF
im good with the mariners outfield guys....for now
all the 40 man guys
im cheering....... for bishop.to do better..though
kelenic and rodriguez

a pitcher at arkansas no one really talks about....but he is good..a..LHp...and may be at tacoma sometime this year
Raymond Kerr

Raymond Kerr #83​

Arkansas Travelers
Double-A Affiliate
  • P
  • B/T: L/L
  • 6' 3"/185
SummaryStatsNews
  • Raymond Alexander Kerr
  • Born: 9/10/1994 in Sacramento, CA
  • College: Lassen CC, Lassen CC, CA