• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Get CF In Trade

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

John Blake @RangerBlake
The Rangers have acquired RHP Tom Wilhelmsen, OF James Jones, and a PTBNL from Seattle for RHP Anthony Bass and OF Leonys Martin.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to hearing more.

Martin's batting is bad, but he keeps a positive WAR because of that defense. He's not a FA until 2019, so as long as we get another okay player/prospect, I'll be okay with the trade I think.

edit: right when i was typing this, the full deal came to light

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones never got it with us so maybe he gets it with Texas. Bass for Wilhelmsen is a wash in my book. Wilhelmsen was so inconsistent. His curve didn't have the same break to it and I think he is a pitch away from long term DL.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Lookout Landing article prior to trade;

This morning I got an email from a contact with the Mariners. In the communication was a single line paragraph, blinking neon:

"buckle up for this week!"

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great defensive guy that can't hit, he should fit right in

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great defensive guy that can't hit, he should fit right in

He hit well enough the previous two years. He hurt his hand on or about May 5th this year and played through it until having surgery on it ending his season.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit well enough the previous two years. He hurt his hand on or about May 5th this year and played through it until having surgery on it ending his season.
Exactly... Im not taking his 2015 stats all that seriously. However this is a defensive guy first and that is where his value is. If the bat can get back to or better than his 2013-2014 numbers I would think this is a win for us, but it looks like both teams benefit from this trade in different ways. I would say Wilhemsen is a little better than Bass but because they are both BP guys the value difference is minimal. I like the trade overall but I would say other moves are on the horizon now in order to continue transitioning the roster into the new Mariner way that Jerry Dip has in mind.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly... Im not taking his 2015 stats all that seriously. However this is a defensive guy first and that is where his value is. If the bat can get back to or better than his 2013-2014 numbers I would think this is a win for us, but it looks like both teams benefit from this trade in different ways. I would say Wilhemsen is a little better than Bass but because they are both BP guys the value difference is minimal. I like the trade overall but I would say other moves are on the horizon now in order to continue transitioning the roster into the new Mariner way that Jerry Dip has in mind.

I still wouldn't mind them getting Bradley Jr from Boston for LF. That would be a killer defensive team. You slide the Guti/Smith combo to RF. I think he is ready to take off as a pro and would love to see that as a mariner for once.

Wilhelmsen/Bass is a wash for me because of the two changing home fields. One benefits and the other takes a hit making it closer than some would think. Now the PTBNL could alter things.