• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

moving onward

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now, with FAs dealt with, MG can move onto finishing up the offseason. He knows where he stands now, and can make the moves he has to. Moving Bieksa + ? for ?

Possibles to move? Bieksa, SOB, Hansen, Alberts, Hordi, Rome

Others? Shirokov, Oberg, Tambi, Baumer, Oreskovich, Perrault.... heck, even Hodgson might be in the mix

Lots to work with there.... should be enough to dump some salary and get a roster player or two and some early round draft picks back.

Kick@ssguy55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a sneaking suspicion that if Gillis can somehow find a way to work Mitchell back in, he will...

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the salary having Mitchell back as a bottom pairing D would be great.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Depending on the salary having Mitchell back as a bottom pairing D would be great.

you think he goes from top 2 to #5 (with the appropriate salary) just like that?

granted, no one has seen him skate again yet, but I would imagine if he's OK to play that he would be calling all those teams on the bieksa trade list - Anaheim still only has 3 experienced defensemen signed, and one of those is Sheldon Brookbank.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think he goes from top 2 to #5 (with the appropriate salary) just like that?

granted, no one has seen him skate again yet, but I would imagine if he's OK to play that he would be calling all those teams on the bieksa trade list - Anaheim still only has 3 experienced defensemen signed, and one of those is Sheldon Brookbank.

Probably not... but it would be nice.

I guess it depends on what other options are available to him.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would love Mitchell back....but not at $3.5+M. Perhaps a lower rate with bonus based on games played? It all depends on what money can be shaved from the cap, I suppose. Right now there are 9 NHL defencemen signed, not counting Baumer. One is Salo, who will miss some time {or maybe he will just retire???( If he does are the Canucks on the hook for any cap hit?)}. One or more (Alberts/Rome??) could take their NHL salary to the Moose. Would they would be subject to recall waivers if called up? And Bieksa may just end up staying. Lots of balls to juggle for MG for sure. Must be an "interesting" time to be a Dman for the Canucks right now.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
One is Salo, who will miss some time {or maybe he will just retire???( If he does are the Canucks on the hook for any cap hit?)}.

no, his contract was signed when he was under 35, so if he hangs 'em up, we get all of that cap room back.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That would certainly be useful................ Chances???

Kick@ssguy55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Slim. I believe he already mentioned in an article or two last year that once this final year is over he'll probably be retiring. Don't think he'll do it before then.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The severity of the injury will factor in, no doubt. It's curious about the suppression of details though. Instant lockdown.... wonder why?