• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most hated program by state.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, I don't know how Ole Miss got in there for Alabama. I can't remember anyone ever hating Ole Miss. Alabama fans hate Auburn and Tennessee, Auburn hates Alabama and Georgia. And then other people hate those teams or other teams, but are in a big minority.

I would really expect it to be Auburn. They have less fans and kind of lose out on the Alabama vs Auburn side. I've never heard Auburn fans hating Tennessee or Alabama on Georgia much.

What determined this data? Is it like #1 is 11% of the vote and #2 is 10%? Doesn't make much sense, but I do buy Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee hating Alabama.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, I don't know how Ole Miss got in there for Alabama. I can't remember anyone ever hating Ole Miss. Alabama fans hate Auburn and Tennessee, Auburn hates Alabama and Georgia. And then other people hate those teams or other teams, but are in a big minority.

I would really expect it to be Auburn. They have less fans and kind of lose out on the Alabama vs Auburn side. I've never heard Auburn fans hating Tennessee or Alabama on Georgia much.

What determined this data? Is it like #1 is 11% of the vote and #2 is 10%? Doesn't make much sense, but I do buy Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee hating Alabama.

You gotta remember, lol, we also have UAB and Troy, who have frequently played Ole Miss and Miss State. Plus Alabama and Aubrun play them too... So in all, it combines to hate Ole Miss more than Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama or Awbarn

And they got Mississippi dead on. State fans CANNOT STAND Alabama, and Ole Miss just hates the fact that we own them, even though they play us tougher than anyone else on their schedule every year.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, alabama has to be auburn. And georgia is either florida or auburn

Survey fail

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I approve Indiana's vote. Fuck msu.

Kentucky finally got something right as well. :rofl:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question the accuracy of this map. Notre Dame is one of the most hated programs in the nation, yet doesn't appear on this map as far as I can tell. I would think Notre Dame would be most hated in both California and Michigan (by both Wolverine and Spartan fans in Michigan).

And per this map, Wisconsin hates Michigan more than they hate Minnesota...huh? Also, I know there's a lot of hate towards Penn State and Syracuse in New Jersey, yet this map shows Alabama as the most hated team in New Jersey...nonsense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there was vote stuffing and that messed it up. But I'm still not buying it.

Alabama is now most hated in Alabama which is more believable than Ole Miss. But Alabama is still the most hated in New Jersey. And now Alabama isn't the most hated in Mississippi, Ole Miss is.

New Mexico now hates Texas rather than Ole Miss, more believable.

Texas is even hated in Australia.

I'm not buying it as legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away Michigan, nobody likes you.
That rusty nail is all over the place. Though...I can't quite figure why all the farmers hate us in the middle of the country. I question the validity of this.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a map from /u/funtubs survey of the most hated College Football Teams in each contiguous U.S State : CFB
[–]rawrHonestly_ 59 points 9 hours ago*
I'm calling bullshit right now:
No way Michigan is that hated in California or Nevada.
It looks pretty but the circlejerk ruined this one.
EDIT: now that we've had time to break down the numbers it appears there was an impressive war between Ohio State & Michigan voters.
Here is the Hateful Eight:
(1) Ohio State 2120
(2) Michigan 1614
(3) Alabama 512
(4) Texas 348
(5) Georgia 307
(6) Miami 227
(7) Florida St. 224
(8) Florida 222

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there was vote stuffing and that messed it up. But I'm still not buying it.

Alabama is now most hated in Alabama which is more believable than Ole Miss. But Alabama is still the most hated in New Jersey. And now Alabama isn't the most hated in Mississippi, Ole Miss is.

New Mexico now hates Texas rather than Ole Miss, more believable.

Texas is even hated in Australia.

I'm not buying it as legit.

[MEDIA=twitter]497236334470504448[/MEDIA]
North America hates Clemson but Canada hates Ohio State and Mexico hates FSU. Yeah, that makes sense. Asia hates Michigan and South America and Europe hate Ohio State.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured Africa would love Georgia with all those years of preseason NC t-shirts they have over there.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's Maryland, not Ohio State, that Connecticut hates.

That's actually Vermont you're looking at...not sure why the Terp hate there, but based on the likely limited Vermont reddit base, it is probably a personal bias.

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually Vermont you're looking at...not sure why the Terp hate there, but based on the likely limited Vermont reddit base, it is probably a personal bias.
Yeah, I don't get the Vermont hate. There's not too many people outside of MD that cares about Md football. There's not too many people in MD that cares about MD football, either. I also don't get the Michigan hate in MD. Penn State, Virginia, NC State and West Virginia would probably be the top four. I doubt this whole thing is very accurate for a lot of states.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is completely off....I think Colorado hates Nebraska 10x more than Alabama. I don't think Colorado hates any other program more than us actually.

CU & CSU don't exactly like one another.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Alaska hate Alabama!?!?

I am so glad that Texas finally admitted their loathing of the longhorns! That joke has been long played out!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Alaska hate Alabama!?!?

I am so glad that Texas finally admitted their loathing of the longhorns! That joke has been long played out!
They're considered by many to be the current benchmark for a consistently excellent program, which makes others despise them and want them to fail.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're considered by many to be the current benchmark for a consistently excellent program, which makes others despise them and want them to fail.

Yep! The Anchorage University Huskies have had a long standing rivalry with the SEC! Notice how Florida won't go out there?!?! Damn cold weather games!!!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does NY hate Michigan? SU is NY's College Team Θ and I would think we would hate mostly WV at the moment due to they were a rival. Maybe it's ND with their all in except FB...be it Big East or now the ACC. Maybe PSU???

But why Michigan?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does NY hate Michigan? SU is NY's College Team Θ and I would think we would hate mostly WV at the moment due to they were a rival. Maybe it's ND with their all in except FB...be it Big East or now the ACC. Maybe PSU???

But why Michigan?

Probably the same reason Georgia's most hated team is OSU. A lot of transplants being polled.