• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More Trades likely

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I've been pretty intrigued by the idea of possibly adding Jake Long in addition to Evan Mathis. Not sure that it's the right thing to do, but it seems to me that the team must have something in mind after trading Clark, the only player on the team to have ever started a regular season game at LT.

I tried to find any news I could about Denver perhaps revisiting the possibility of signing Long. This is all I could find.

Mason's Mailbag: Evan Mathis, Max Garcia, and the nature of fandom

Can't help but think that the value of adding a quality veteran LT is something that Elway and Kubiak appreciate, since Denver having added Gary Zimmerman and then Tony Jones sure came in handy a number of years ago. Of course, that's not say that Long, particularly at this point in his career, is the caliber that either of those guys were.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - there are two questions on Jake Long - is he healthy enough to play and is he the type of guy to thrive in the Kubiak offense? I don't think the Broncos would have brought him in for a conversation if they felt like he wasn't the type player they wanted.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - there are two questions on Jake Long - is he healthy enough to play and is he the type of guy to thrive in the Kubiak offense? I don't think the Broncos would have brought him in for a conversation if they felt like he wasn't the type player they wanted.

That makes sense to me. Have to figure that he's a fit scheme wise or they never would have even bothered looking at Long. In the Andre Mason mailbag piece that I linked above, Mason does raise questions about Long's health. And this piece, which I only found a few minutes ago claims that Long wasn't healthy enough to sign with a team when Denver met with him about a month ago.

Report: Broncos trade OT Chris Clark, cut 10 others

Excerpt:
"With no true veteran backup at the tackle position, it seems the Broncos have positioned themselves for one last look at Jake Long if they want him, as I was told at the outset of training camp that he was not yet ready to sign with a team health-wise."

Last edited:

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's my 10 points

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts. First off we do have a veteran LT still on the roster. People forget but Ryan Harris for a while did play LT and did so at least at an average level. I think if Sambrailo were to go down with injury what the team would do right now would be move Harris over and have Schofield play the RT spot. I can definitely still see us signing someone for the Tackle position but we do have options if we don't.

Now it wouldn't surprise me for us to bring in Long since we obviously don't need him starting right now. More likely he would only be an injury replacement type guy. I'm not sure that is what he is looking for though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V
Couple of thoughts. First off we do have a veteran LT still on the roster. People forget but Ryan Harris for a while did play LT and did so at least at an average level. I think if Sambrailo were to go down with injury what the team would do right now would be move Harris over and have Schofield play the RT spot. I can definitely still see us signing someone for the Tackle position but we do have options if we don't.

Now it wouldn't surprise me for us to bring in Long since we obviously don't need him starting right now. More likely he would only be an injury replacement type guy. I'm not sure that is what he is looking for though.

Okay, well that's good to know. Don't remember Franklin on the left side.

Still think it kind of a strange move to trade Clark, since we seem both inexperienced and now thin at OT, unless we have a plan to bolster the position. I'm not only worried about a player getting hurt, but also about the possibility of poor play once the season starts and we have to deal with some outstanding pass rushers who have game planned to get to Manning.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos shopping Ball no big suprise. If no takers I would keep him but they may release him. The RB workload looks to be a major league this year.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a few more big bodies on the D line. Teams with power running games are going to try running it right at there defense this year. Denver's defense will be very aggressive and fast but undersized.

Gonna suck with Wolfe out the first month, that certainly doesn't help.

Love your avatar slogan Malibu :clap:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V

Okay, well that's good to know. Don't remember Franklin on the left side.

Still think it kind of a strange move to trade Clark, since we seem both inexperienced and now thin at OT, unless we have a plan to bolster the position. I'm not only worried about a player getting hurt, but also about the possibility of poor play once the season starts and we have to deal with some outstanding pass rushers who have game planned to get to Manning.

It is a bit strange I will grant you that. As others have said it looks like the Broncos maybe have something up their sleeve. If not then this move was purely a contract thing as the team is a bit tight on the salary cap. Usually you like around $5 million in cap space and that is about where we are with this move of Clark.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind when thinking about trading Montee Ball. Last year with injuries we ended up using 4 different RB's at different times throughout the season. So having a 4th RB that can play is actually not a terrible thing to have on the roster.

Also just look at the success of Ronnie Hillman right now and remember that many of us before this season started didn't think he would even make the roster. I was one of those. Now it seems like the game has slowed down for him and that he could be a major weapon for this offense. I'm not saying that Ball will ever get it but sometimes patience does win out in the end. We are seeing some of that with Osweiler right now that it is possible that with another year of training he could turn into a pretty darn good QB for us for maybe the next say 10 years.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juwan Thompson could double as a FB - and that will solve the RB numbers problem.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to keep in mind when thinking about trading Montee Ball. Last year with injuries we ended up using 4 different RB's at different times throughout the season. So having a 4th RB that can play is actually not a terrible thing to have on the roster.

Also just look at the success of Ronnie Hillman right now and remember that many of us before this season started didn't think he would even make the roster. I was one of those. Now it seems like the game has slowed down for him and that he could be a major weapon for this offense. I'm not saying that Ball will ever get it but sometimes patience does win out in the end. We are seeing some of that with Osweiler right now that it is possible that with another year of training he could turn into a pretty darn good QB for us for maybe the next say 10 years.

I thought Hillman was safe.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind either way if they keep Ball or trade him. Can never have enough RB's and like CD said last year was proof of that but I will admit if Ball has to be the guy I'm not to thrilled about it. Hopefully patience is the key but I for one and some other Broncos fans aren't that patient and its been to long since a Super Bowl victory. Just my opinion.