• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more honesty from Caleb Miller

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Commenting on Tavarius Jackson (I know it's not Bengals related, but still hysterical, and brutally honest for an ex player):

"speaking of-- a little FYI: Tavarius Jackson was a backup QB @ UArkansas with me and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn [even then] with his VERY strong arm, so he transferred to Alabama St. so he could play. He was still drafted in the 2nd round. Where's the drug testing protocol for NFL scouts in the new CBA?!?!"

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb sounds like a jealous dickhead. What a bum. What a fucking piece of shit.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's awesome that he speaks his mind instead of sucking up to current players.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's awesome that he speaks his mind instead of sucking up to current players.

I dare him to say something about Ced Benson. Ced will beat his ass then eat his ass.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude ought to provide a scouting report of his own game...... "Undersized linebacker that can't run, can't tackle, can't cover, and can't stay healthy." Great job Marvin!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, he himself didn't pan out, but that doesn't invalidate his opinions. His behind the curtain, so to speak, views are pretty cool.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, he himself didn't pan out, but that doesn't invalidate his opinions. His behind the curtain, so to speak, views are pretty cool.

He did pan out. he's in the .001 percentile of the population that played 4 yrs in the NFL...

what matters from an analyst is their smarts about the game and work they put into forming an opinion.. You can tell that someone like Jaworski takes his craft seriously, does his homework, and offers solid opinions.. the fact that Marino and Bradshaw made the HOF as players doesn't necessarily make them better as analysts

once you've played in the NFL as long as Caleb there's nothing else he had to prove as a player

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did pan out. he's in the .001 percentile of the population that played 4 yrs in the NFL...

what matters from an analyst is their smarts about the game and work they put into forming an opinion.. You can tell that someone like Jaworski takes his craft seriously, does his homework, and offers solid opinions.. the fact that Marino and Bradshaw made the HOF as players doesn't necessarily make them better as analysts

once you've played in the NFL as long as Caleb there's nothing else he had to prove as a player

What a buzzkill....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, in comparison to 99.9% of the population, yes, he was a success. I meant relative to expectations of him, when drafted, as a player, he wasn't a huge success. As for the rest of what you said, exactly my point. His playing career has nothing to do with his ability to provide analysis and informed opinions, as compared to our completely UN-informed opinions.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Jaworski was a quarterback that was an all-pro and took his team to the super bowl. Was he as successful as other quarterbacks on television? No. But to lump him in with Caleb Miller is unfair. Plus, whenever Ron Jaworski criticizes a current player he generally backs it up with game tape and informed opinions.

Caleb Miller is the jock in the bar that can't let go of the game so he just tells stories about guys he knew back in the day. I don't begrudge him from making a living and I'm willing to listen to what he has to say, but the little bits I have read make it sound like he's just a bitter ex-jock.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be fair, I'm not posting everything he says, just the parts that I found particularly interesting, which apparently is the controversial parts. He had good things to say about other players and teams.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I'm not posting everything he says, just the parts that I found particularly interesting, which apparently is the controversial parts. He had good things to say about other players and teams.

Yeah, he had good things to say about the teams and players he really didn't have firsthand knowledge of. Who Dey!?!?!?!?!

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does it take an insider to know Mike Brown is cheap and a moron?? We all know that. He just provided some details.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Perry says hi! Who Dey!!?!?!?

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A player might not develop well into their pro career. Not saying Tavaris is good, but his success is by far larger than Caleb's and his bitter jealousy shines through his post. There is better inside information or analysis he could share outside of dragging another player he played very briefly with through the mud.

Last edited by a moderator:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ron Jaworski was a quarterback that was an all-pro and took his team to the super bowl. Was he as successful as other quarterbacks on television? No. But to lump him in with Caleb Miller is unfair. Plus, whenever Ron Jaworski criticizes a current player he generally backs it up with game tape and informed opinions.

Caleb Miller is the jock in the bar that can't let go of the game so he just tells stories about guys he knew back in the day. I don't begrudge him from making a living and I'm willing to listen to what he has to say, but the little bits I have read make it sound like he's just a bitter ex-jock.

What about Fitzpatrick? will he be qualified to offer an opinion on the NFL after he's done. he's been a journeyman QB who's posted a 73 career passer rating.. in a world where Schein, Bayless, King are probably paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to offer their opinion on NFL players I just don't understand the mentality where Miller "only" being a servicable NFL LBer is used against him..

I just researched his numbers- started 37 games in the SEC, played 4 seasons in the NFL, scored a 36 on his wonderlic... yea, I'll listen to his opinion

The guy comes across as smart and opinionated to me. to each their own though

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I said, he didn't only bash guys in the posts I quoted, I just posted the quotes that I found interesting because he isn't kissing asses of current players. I wish more analysts would be honest. If he sucks, just say he sucks. I'm sure he played with Jackson enough to know that he sucked.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How well can you really judge a guy as a freshman backup in one year though? Yeah, he's not good and his draft standing was a product of a good combine, but I think Caleb's inside perspective on this is hogwash. Even Brett Favre and Drew Brees were inaccurate to start college. I think he's just an easy target for Caleb in the "I told you so/saw this coming sense". Captain Hindsight. If Tavaris were great he would post something like "I saw something special in his arm strength and quickness back in college".

I liked Calebs post about Mike Browns cheapness. It was pointing out something small to help demonstrate the larger picture. I think this is just whack though.

Last edited by a moderator: