• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Month of August

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they manage to lose this game, they should be absolutely disgusted with themselves.

It's grotesque to do this to Felix every single god damn fucking miserable time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Mariners

REFUSE TO WIN!

My oh my...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible shame.

I'm not as upset as others will be since the offense was actually decent tonight. No way we were going to contend for anything this year, so I'm okay with seeing improvement in the offense, and there is improvement there.

Bullpen will need some work over the winter. Things are looking up for next year, though.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just more upset since it's a Felix start. If this was Saunders or Erasmo and the bullpen blew it...I would have just shrugged it off...but these wasted Felix starts are so hard to swallow

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting work by willhelmsen in the bottom of the 9th there

willhelmshit?
I keep calling him WilhelmScream, and in situations like this, I think it calls for one.

Sorry, but if you can't keep a six-run lead, you're USELESS, no matter where you play.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible shame.

I'm not as upset as others will be since the offense was actually decent tonight. No way we were going to contend for anything this year, so I'm okay with seeing improvement in the offense, and there is improvement there.

Bullpen will need some work over the winter. Things are looking up for next year, though.

Im mostly upset with Felix getting screwed out of a win.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dempster is getting tired ;)

I knew this would coem back to bite me in the ass. I had to leave and did not find out until this morning what happened in the game. Pretty pathetic. Still curious if it is a rule that pointing with your left arm and then pointing to your right arm means you want a left hander.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this would coem back to bite me in the ass. I had to leave and did not find out until this morning what happened in the game. Pretty pathetic. Still curious if it is a rule that pointing with your left arm and then pointing to your right arm means you want a left hander.

There could be, although this just seems like another instance of an ego-centric umpire making himself the priority of a game rather than the players.

Still if Wilhelmsen could have gotten some outs against a very mediocre bottom of the Red Sox lineup, it wouldn't even be an issue.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, the pitcher's still have to do the work, but it makes you wonder if Medina could have gotten Victorino and/or Pedroia to K or ground out. Boston is a great team so they may have still done the same thing to Medina.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have the stats on actually how successful it is bringing a closer in in a non save situation? I'm guessing it's well over 70% bad.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the tough losses so far in these 2 series, I'm not really too concerned. We're not in the playoff hunt so we're not losing anything there. We're playing some of the best teams in the league right now, which doesn't help. We're still scoring runs, which is always good, considering where we were recently.

So the bullpen is giving up runs. Yeah, that'll happen to a lot of teams. The bullpen is usually the last thing to solidify for a contending team. It really shouldn't cause much concern right now if we're also scoring runs and putting together good at bats as well as seeing good pitching from the guys who will be there in the future (not Aaron Harang.)

We're still in the growth period, and for right now I'm looking for Brad Miller, Nick Franklin, Kyle Seager, and Dustin Ackley to hit to finish out the year. By the way, starting tonight Kyle Seager was hitting .300. That's a very welcome sight to see from any Mariner this far into the season, let alone a guy in his 2nd full season who looks to be a mainstay in the lineup for years to come. I'm also glad we held onto Morales through the trade deadline and I hope to see him signed to a 2-3 year contract soon. The guy can absolutely hit and he's on a ridiculous tear right now. 13 for his last 17 is stupid good

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, the pitcher's still have to do the work, but it makes you wonder if Medina could have gotten Victorino and/or Pedroia to K or ground out. Boston is a great team so they may have still done the same thing to Medina.
Hindsight and all, but if the home plate umpire had done his job and called that 3rd strike on Gomes we might be talking about a win. That was a terrible call by Blind McClosedeyes back there.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing to remember about the colossal collapse against Boston was that the bullpen as a whole had just pitched 9 innings the day before against a team notorious for running up pitch counts on every pitcher they see, and Wilhelmsen was either the only guy or one of only two guys who didn't pitch in that game, so if Felix couldn't pitch a complete game (not an easy task against that Boston offense), Wilhelmsen was coming into the game no matter what the score was. As bad as it ended up, I understand why Thompson was reluctant to take him out even as he was getting shelled.

Under any other circumstances, Wilhelmsen doesn't even see the field that night, let alone get to stay in as long as he was allowed to. As bad as Wilhelmsen has been for much of the season, you still don't go into that situation expecting him to throw 12 balls in 19 pitches and load the bases as quickly as he did and not have a team like Boston take advantage of already gassed arms who had to warm up in a hurry to try to stop the bleeding. As agonizing as it was to watch, it was a worst case scenario.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 2 of 6 was not the start I had envisioned, but let's see if the team can get a couple more series victories against the Jays and Brewers. That would be 6 of 12 or up to 8 of 12 if we could put another win streak together. Not counting on a whole lot since the Catcher situation has become very desperate, but maybe Saunders and Smoak can keep things going and with the return of Morse we can put up some runs.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisiting this thread - 5-8 since July 30th when we started the road trip against Boston and began this tough stretch. The team has to go 10-7 the rest of the month to play .500 ball. Not gonna happen I don't think, at least not against the likes of TB, Oakland, Texas twice, LAA and Houston.