• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monsters League Season 3

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray you got a trade request as well. I have to start trying to make moves lol.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poisonous Toads Draft Report Card

Recap

Draft Results
Powered by Automated Insights Led by a Terrific Group of RBs, 2 Mannings 1 Succop Looks to Have a Breakthrough Campaign

Draft Grade: B
Think you’re better than this? Nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall of Fame and prove it.

When a bottom-half draft slot yields top-half results, that's the sign of a strong effort by the GM. Such was the case with 2 Mannings 1 Succop, which flipped its 10th overall pick into a projected fourth-place finish in Monsters Season 3 League (10-4-0, 2,128 points). 2 Mannings 1 Succop loaded up on ballcarriers early, using three of their first five picks to scoop up RBs Trent Richardson (first round), Alfred Morris (third round), and Steven Jackson (fourth round). In conjunction with that drafting strategy, they ended up with the top quartet of RBs in the league.

Keeper Analysis
2 Mannings 1 Succop used both of their keeper spots to retain Trent Richardson (12.4 ADP) and Brandon Marshall (18.7 ADP). From an ADP perspective, their top-ranked retained player (Trent Richardson) is less valuable than a first-round draft choice. Overall, the two keepers on 2 Mannings 1 Succop are projected to be slightly less productive (by 5.6%) than the draft picks they replaced.

The Season Ahead
Week 9 might test the managerial chops of the 2 Mannings 1 Succop coach, as it is the week when the most players (7) and most projected fantasy points are on bye. From the perspective of opponents' projected points, they have a harder-than-average slate. 2 Mannings 1 Succop has the opportunity to close with a hot streak, as the last four games of their season are projected to be less difficult than the league average. 2 Mannings 1 Succop has a well-balanced schedule this season, avoiding prolonged stretches against either the projected top or bottom teams in the league.

Draft Notes
Best Position: 2 Mannings 1 Succop has four above-average positions with WR (8.4% above the league positional average) and QB (6.3%) projected to lead the way.
The Heist Is On: The other league managers passed over a diamond in the rough. According to ADP, 2 Mannings 1 Succop got a steal in snatching Shonn Greene in the 15th round (178th overall pick vs. ADP of 120.1).
Beginning with a Bang: 2 Mannings 1 Succop got off to a sizzling start, amassing the most projected points in the league during the first half of the draft.
Consistency Is My Middle Name: With 10 consistent players among their 25 picks, 2 Mannings 1 Succop is looking for reliable help.
The Bargain Whisperer: 2 Mannings 1 Succop was hunting for deals throughout the draft, snapping up four steals in the first 15 rounds (including Shonn Greene, Steven Jackson, and Matt Ryan).
Among LBs in Monsters Season 3 League, James Laurinaitis ranks fourth in projected tackles with 147.
Toyota Top Picks
T. RichardsonT. Richardson
1st Round (10th Pick)
Running, Catching, Winning: Trent Richardson can hurt opponents with his hands as well as his feet. He ranks fifth among RBs in projected receiving yards with 451.

B. MarshallB. Marshall
2nd Round (15th Pick)
Just Win, Baby: Last season, owning Brandon Marshall usually equalled fantasy success. Among all players, he ranked in the top 20 across all Yahoo! leagues in individual championship percentage (fourth) and individual playoff percentage (fourth). 2 Mannings 1 Succop hopes that trend holds true again this year.

Alfred MorrisAlfred Morris
3rd Round (25th Pick)
Repaying the Pick: Alfred Morris is expected to finish fourth in the NFL with 10.3 rushing TDs and sixth with 1,328 rushing yards.

Steven JacksonSteven Jackson
4th Round (39th Pick)
Value Found: Steven Jackson is expected to score 66.2% more points than the average player at that position, making him the best value pick of the round.

Eric DeckerEric Decker
5th Round (52nd Pick)
Eric Decker is expected to reach paydirt 8.6 times, placing him eighth in the NFL in projected receiving TDs.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I've enjoyed this new feature. Of course it's easy to like something that grades my draft with an A-! :yahoo:

If you guys like that feature you will probably enjoy this as well.

Footballguys.com Fantasy Football - Rate My Team

Yea, not sure how Yahoo gave me a "B" but these guys loved me. :)

A summary:

Congratulations! You seem to have grabbed quality players at every turn of this draft. It's rare indeed to be better than the average team at the three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver), but we think this team is.

You must be among the favorites in this league and have positioned yourself to grab one of the playoff spots. But before you start engraving the trophy, realize that the draft is not the end of the story. Things can and do go wrong, so you need to remain diligent throughout the year to ensure you remain strong until the playoffs.

Players we particularly like on this team include Andrew Luck, Kendall Wright, Matt Ryan, Jacquizz Rodgers, Robert Woods, Steven Jackson, and Justin Blackmon. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line:
With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With good inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With average inseason management, we think you have a 93 percent chance of making the playoffs.
In any event, we wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping all your weeks are like week 14 of 2012:

Brandon Marshall vs. MIN: 160 receiving yards, 1 TD
Anquan Boldin vs. WAS: 78 receiving yards, 2 TD
Alfred Morris vs. BAL: 122 combined yards, 1 TD
Trent Richardson vs. KC: 51 combined yards, 2 TD

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice draft, I'm wiped! Good luck 'cept when you play me, fellas.

Tally-ho, I'll see your ass opening week!

And I would be cool with a money league next year or auction, depending on how it's done.

You're going down! Looking forward to it mem.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1z check your messages.

I'm surprised there haven't been any post draft trades. Come on people!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trades for me just yet but I am awaiting Numone's decision on an Avy bet...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ even worse, I played against both Thomases.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very thankful I played against neither.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

GoddDamn. I feel your pain man. The bright spot is, your season can't get any worse than what you are currently experiencing in week 1.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coincidentally, I have Julian Thomas in 3 leagues but only played him in one. I'll take it, though, since that one was the one I was most desperate in. Hopefully, he's not a one week wonder for me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of close games this week. I'm surprised I ended up eeking out a win against 1z.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright mem. That was ridiculously close. What's it going to be?

I survived the Manning/AJ Green onslaught! I must savor this a couple days. I'll get you the file by this weekend. Tough match-up as always, sir.

Don't forget, you can change your Avy back when we play again (though I wish I didn't have to face you again this season). :suds: