• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF - Denver@Seattle 9/12

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting disgusted with some of the talk also about last night's game. People are also blaming Russell Wilson and I am like WTF! Did Russell have a great game? No he was a little off and expectedly so, You know he was emotional. But hey he balled out and threw for over 300 yards completed 69% of his passes and had a 101 rating. He wasn't the one getting the calls in late or fumbling the ball on the 1 yard line.
You know what really surprised me is how little he targeted his WRs and they've got a damn good group. Wilson attempted 41 passes and only 17 of them went to WRs.

I don't know if that's an indication that our corners were playing really well, if that was the game plan for the Broncos or if Russ actually was just rattled and was checking it down a bunch.

I will say that Wilson actually checking it down to TEs and HBs is a good development for the Broncos. Swear he never did that with us.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the WR screens as much. It's the RB screens that drive me absolutely bonkers.
Fair. I think both are very poorly executed though.

With the RB screens I think that's more a product of the Seahawks liking to put in guards who are big maulers but not exactly the most mobile.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This had to feel good for Shelby Harris, you can hear it in his voice in that video Boogie posted. He ends it with a "All I have to say is -Lets ride-" lol good for him, glad this helped him remove some demons in his cupboard.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this win will go down as one of the good ones in Seahawks history. It reminds me of when we went 7-9 going into the playoffs and all week we heard about how they should change the playoff schedule and its ridiculous a team under .500 is in the playoffs and the Saints will run through them for an easy win. Then Marshawn Lynch makes a historic run and we beat the Saints.

All off season all we heard was that this was a tanking season, Pete should be fired, we should have kept RW, we will win 3-4 games at best, this roster is worse than College teams rosters, the broncos will win by 2-3 touchdowns. Then boom we got the W. This felt freaking great!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that was really interesting, is after the game there were NO Seattle players or staff/coaches around wanting to shake hands or greet Wilson and while there's a lot of new faces there's still plenty of guys on the roster that have been here the last couple years. It was a bunch of reporters and Wilson actually running to Geno (who embraced him - QB to QB it's classy), but you can see all the other Seattle players just walking away.

Wilson looked like he was on an island out there. Couple that with the boos from the fans. When Brady came back to New England, Manning to Indy, etc. there were cheers, tons of players/coaches/staff coming out to hug/shake hands, etc. It's like Seattle's players were PERFECTLY happy getting Wilson the fuck out of town. And then Pete throwing up his hands after the missed field goal almost with a "THANK YOU GOD" expression (hell might have even said it - never quite seen him cheer that way).... leads me to believe a lot of the rumors about Wilson's ego, Team 3 (staff) throwing Seattle players under the bus, etc. (which is really Wilson.... "Oh yah us members of Team 3 will say it, so you look clean - that shit gets sniffed out) are 100% true and Seattle was done with his bullshit.

I really have to think Seattle's players and locker room was fed the fuck up with Wilson's ego. He comes out and says things like "I want to be in Manning, Montana, Brady's company..." etc. Even Wilson said at times protection has to get better. Brown visibly yelling at Wilson for holding onto the ball too long and dropping back too far. Schneider shopping Wilson to try and snag Allen or Mahomes... Harris saying to the Broncs "That's what you get when you trade your d-lineman." OOOOF. I can't remember the last time I heard something like that... I Think Carroll prior to the game said some things that aren't going to leave that locker room until years from now and got that team pissed/fired up. And it has to be genuine at this level... you can't lie your way into firing grown men up.

Reminds me a lot of Phil Mickelson in the PGA... yes Phil puts on a great front for the fans, but the players HATE him and call him FIGJAM (Fuck I'm Good, Just Ask Me).

In any event, you could argue "Oh Denver should've won the game but the two fumbles!" Well let's not forget there were two easy interceptions Wilson threw that Adams/Diggs botched, and if Bryant wasn't a rookie and a bit more seasoned and made the right play, that's another interception on a horribly underthrown ball. Yes Wilson on paper had a good game, but if you watched it, Wilson didn't play that great, against a completely new defense trying out a new scheme with very young players/rookies and new personnel over the place.

Yah losses happen (see Seahawks 05' Super Bowl run opener against the Jags), but if I was a Broncos fan I'd be worried as fuck. Hackett is the moron of the week, Wilson's stat sheet looks fine but could've looked a LOT worse, AFC West is off to a hot start (even Raiders hung with the Chargers), and now you've got a coach that decided to take the ball away from what appears to be an ego driven needy QB to boot a 5% field goal attempt. Mmmhmm...

Last edited: