• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB All Star Cap Draft QF 2 : Ritz vs Shane

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people who would say Kirby was overrated as a player are people who never seen him play.

did you know that kirby the video game character who eats everything was named after kirby puckett??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby had a shorter career. 12 years, only 1,700 games. Still managed 199 hits + in 6 seasons. .318 career average. Career ops of .837 not bad for not a great power hitter. He also only averaged 88 SO's per season. Had 6 GG's too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Milk. No way you can have Papi getting more ABs than the Horse..

Yeah you are right. I was thinking about that when setting my lineup lol.

@Nosferatu can you please switch Ortiz to the 4 spot and Gehrig to the 3 for my next matchup. Thank you lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you are right. I was thinking about that when setting my lineup lol.

@Nosferatu can you please switch Ortiz to the 4 spot and Gehrig to the 3 for my next matchup. Thank you lol

Yes, unless you play me then i'm moving Lou to 9th!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby had a shorter career. 12 years, only 1,700 games. Still managed 199 hits + in 6 seasons. .318 career average. Career ops of .837 not bad for not a great power hitter. He also only averaged 88 SO's per season. Had 6 GG's too.

He had enough power for me...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am a homer but there is nobody I have ever personally seen play that I would want involved in a play that would decide the game more than Kirby. Although another former Twins player would be up there... Oddly enough a player on Shane's team...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, i am just not a fan of NON power hitters who don't have good OBPs... and when i show him hate, it is really only for these mocks...

where do you bat him?? he doesn't have the power in these mocks to be a good 3-4-5 and he doesn't get on base enough to be a great 1 or 2... Loved him in real life as a player.. But for mocks i am just not a fan...

He is a perfect example of a player who didn't play long enough for his ratio stats to normalize... all you see is his prime...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, i am just not a fan of NON power hitters who don't have good OBPs... and when i show him hate, it is really only for these mocks...

where do you bat him?? he doesn't have the power in these mocks to be a good 3-4-5 and he doesn't get on base enough to be a great 1 or 2... Loved him in real life as a player.. But for mocks i am just not a fan...

He is a perfect example of a player who didn't play long enough for his ratio stats to normalize... all you see is his prime...

Bullshit, .318 is 54th all time and half the guys ahead of him were 19th century guys. I do agree for our drafts he isn't your ideal #3 but he's an amazing hitter in our drafts no matter the rules IMO.

ALSO... He was 35 years old his last season and hit .314 with an OBP of .379 while hitting 23 HR's and driving in 99

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, .318 is 54th all time and half the guys ahead of him were 19th century guys. I do agree for our drafts he isn't your ideal #3 but he's an amazing hitter in our drafts no matter the rules IMO.

ALSO... He was 35 years old his last season and hit .314 with an OBP of .379 while hitting 23 HR's and driving in 99

So a 1 time Batting champ and a 3 time top 5 and 6 time top 10 is now all of a sudden one of the best AVERAGE hitters of all time??

Like i said, he didn't play long enough for those numbers to normalize...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 1 time Batting champ and a 3 time top 5 and 6 time top 10 is now all of a sudden one of the best AVERAGE hitters of all time??

Like i said, he didn't play long enough for those numbers to normalize...

Numbers don't lie right Milk? .318 is good right? The guy just could flat out hit and it's not like he was done at 30, he hit .314 at age 35. Having seen the guy play his entire career he did not strike me as the type who would hang on too long meaning he wouldn't have kept playing if he was hitting .250. He should NOT be penalized because of glaucoma...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers don't lie right Milk? .318 is good right? The guy just could flat out hit and it's not like he was done at 30, he hit .314 at age 35. Having seen the guy play his entire career he did not strike me as the type who would hang on too long meaning he wouldn't have kept playing if he was hitting .250. He should NOT be penalized because of glaucoma...

Not penalizing him at all... His career high in OBP is .379, is that anything special??

you were the one who brought up how he is 54th all time in BA... And my response to that was that he didn't play long enough to normalize...

For a player whose SPECIAL feature is BA, he wasn't even the best at that of his generation... Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn were better...

In fact from 1980-2000(4 years before, 5 years after) he ranks 5th in BA for all players with 5000 or more PA.... so he is at best 5th best Average hitter of his generation... still a great player... but just don't see the love in these mocks...

I get it, you have always been a twins fan so you love Kirby... and you should have, he was the face of your team for a while and he was great... But compared to other greats i think he sucks...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not penalizing him at all... His career high in OBP is .379, is that anything special??

you were the one who brought up how he is 54th all time in BA... And my response to that was that he didn't play long enough to normalize...

For a player whose SPECIAL feature is BA, he wasn't even the best at that of his generation... Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn were better...

In fact from 1980-2000(4 years before, 5 years after) he ranks 5th in BA for all players with 5000 or more PA.... so he is at best 5th best Average hitter of his generation... still a great player... but just don't see the love in these mocks...

I get it, you have always been a twins fan so you love Kirby... and you should have, he was the face of your team for a while and he was great... But compared to other greats i think he sucks...

I have A L W A Y S said you give way to much importance to OBP. He hit 3rd. I would rather my 3rd place hitter be a .315 hitter with a .365 OBP than a .285 hitter with a .395 OBP

Tony Gwynn is another player you have never shown enough respect.

Kirby Puckett was the heart and soul of two Championship teams can either Boggs or Gwynn say the same?

Yes, I am a Twins fan, there is no sports team even in the same league for me, it's the Twins then about 47 miles behind them is the Vikings.

Compared to other greats you didn't see play he sucked... I get it, your opinion is based on reading not watching.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have A L W A Y S said you give way to much importance to OBP. He hit 3rd. I would rather my 3rd place hitter be a .315 hitter with a .365 OBP than a .285 hitter with a .395 OBP

Tony Gwynn is another player you have never shown enough respect.

Kirby Puckett was the heart and soul of two Championship teams can either Boggs or Gwynn say the same?

Yes, I am a Twins fan, there is no sports team even in the same league for me, it's the Twins then about 47 miles behind them is the Vikings.

Compared to other greats you didn't see play he sucked... I get it, your opinion is based on reading not watching.

Sure, and again i am not talking about real life... But in these mocks he is well below average in power hitting... And i have always said, that those players main job is to get on base in these mocks... so a player who doesn't do that too well is not that great of a player in these mocks...

there is a major difference between being a 3 hole hitter in real life and being a starter in our lineups...

I have never tried to lessen your love for the guy... But i do find it interesting he gets so much love here while some others don't...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and again i am not talking about real life... But in these mocks he is well below average in power hitting... And i have always said, that those players main job is to get on base in these mocks... so a player who doesn't do that too well is not that great of a player in these mocks...

there is a major difference between being a 3 hole hitter in real life and being a starter in our lineups...

I have never tried to lessen your love for the guy... But i do find it interesting he gets so much love here while some others don't...

There are a lot of people that I am surprised get no love here. Or way too much.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly i'm pretty much the only one who loves the guy, hes never an early pick and I wouldn't say he's overvalued by anyone in these drafts aside from maybe me, but the guy was a huge reason my favorite sports team won two Championships.

I have never batted him 3rd in our drafts. Matter of fact I think in the last draft I had Kirby I hit him 9th.

Who do I show no love for aside from Pete Rose who is absolutely overrated but I still appreciate he was a very good hitter. He is also drafted in almost every draft long before Kirby is.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly i'm pretty much the only one who loves the guy, hes never an early pick and I wouldn't say he's overvalued by anyone in these drafts aside from maybe me, but the guy was a huge reason my favorite sports team won two Championships.

I have never batted him 3rd in our drafts. Matter of fact I think in the last draft I had Kirby I hit him 9th.

Who do I show no love for aside from Pete Rose who is absolutely overrated but I still appreciate he was a very good hitter. He is also drafted in almost every draft long before Kirby is.

maybe i just feel like he is over-valued here since every time i mention i don't like him much i get into a little debate with you.... LOL...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe i just feel like he is over-valued here since every time i mention i don't like him much i get into a little debate with you.... LOL...

So stop saying you don't like him! lolzzz

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite lines of any movie ever.

Roy Hobbs... God, I love baseball