• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB All Star Cap Draft QF 2 : Ritz vs Shane

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Moliter R 12 3B or DH
George Brett L 18 3B
David Ortiz L 10 DH
Lou Gehrig L 25 1B
Kirby Puckett R 15 CF
Ivan Rodriguez R 14 C
Nomar Garciparra R 6 SS
Dale Murphy R 7 RF
Lou Brock L 11 LF

First off I am confused unless you are putting Molitor at 2nd. He played 400 of 2683 games at 2nd, kinda out of place IMO.

Now lets break down this lineup. I see what you were going for with this lineup and that is a lot of runners on base, but outside of Ortiz and Gehrig you don't have anyone to drive them in. I would say you are going to have a low RISP and a high number of RLOB. Next off you have 3 #2 hitters and a lead off hitter, but you chose to have your leadoff hitter bat 9th while putting one of your #2 in the middle of your lineup. If it was me I would go Brock, Brett, Ortiz, Gehrig, Rodriguez, Garciaparra, Puckett, Murphy, Molitor. Brock is a natural leadoff, Brett Molitor and Puckett are interchangable at the #2 spot. Ortiz would be better with the protection of Gehrig than the other way around. Rodriguez and Garciaparra can be batted in either order in the 5 and 6 holes, but neither is enough to protect Gehrig which hurts one more power hitter would have been a big help. The final three I would put the faster of the #2 hitters that you do not have at the top of your lineup #9 to have some speed when you turn the lineup over.

To the Puckett lovers, i am with Milk that he is somewhat overrated. HOF yes, but not one of the elite HOFers. And yes for something like this where he was a #3 hitter for the Twins, he needs to be considered a #2 or placed in the bottom three of the lineup.

After ripping Shane's lineup, I would still vote for him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will move Kirby to 6 and Ivan to 5. You wont see a better hitter in the 6 hole then lol.

So:

3 Gehrig
4 Ortiz
5 Rodriguez
6 Puckett

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will move Kirby to 6 and Ivan to 5. You wont see a better hitter in the 6 hole then lol.

So:

3 Gehrig
4 Ortiz
5 Rodriguez
6 Puckett

Why?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett L 18 3B
David Ortiz L 10 DH
Lou Gehrig L 25 1B
Kirby Puckett R 15 CF
Ivan Rodriguez R 14 C
Nomar Garciparra R 6 SS
Dale Murphy R 7 RF
Lou Brock L 11 LF

First off I am confused unless you are putting Molitor at 2nd. He played 400 of 2683 games at 2nd, kinda out of place IMO.

Now lets break down this lineup. I see what you were going for with this lineup and that is a lot of runners on base, but outside of Ortiz and Gehrig you don't have anyone to drive them in. I would say you are going to have a low RISP and a high number of RLOB. Next off you have 3 #2 hitters and a lead off hitter, but you chose to have your leadoff hitter bat 9th while putting one of your #2 in the middle of your lineup. If it was me I would go Brock, Brett, Ortiz, Gehrig, Rodriguez, Garciaparra, Puckett, Murphy, Molitor. Brock is a natural leadoff, Brett Molitor and Puckett are interchangable at the #2 spot. Ortiz would be better with the protection of Gehrig than the other way around. Rodriguez and Garciaparra can be batted in either order in the 5 and 6 holes, but neither is enough to protect Gehrig which hurts one more power hitter would have been a big help. The final three I would put the faster of the #2 hitters that you do not have at the top of your lineup #9 to have some speed when you turn the lineup over.

To the Puckett lovers, i am with Milk that he is somewhat overrated. HOF yes, but not one of the elite HOFers. And yes for something like this where he was a #3 hitter for the Twins, he needs to be considered a #2 or placed in the bottom three of the lineup.

Moliter was actually a better 2B defensively but it really doesnt matter bc we have seperate lineups for defense in this draft.

While Brock was one of the best leadoff hitters you want your best hitters to get more plate appearances. Moliter was a better hitter, better ops and better at drawing walks. Actually a great leadoff hitter and still had 500+ stolen bases.

Nomar is a natural #2 hitter so I was thinking about putting him there but I think the point you made about not too many guys that can drive in runs is bc the players in real life were usually all at the top of the lineup. They were all great hitters but they never had the chances they would so why couldnt they still hit at the middle or end of the lineup even if they naturally hit at the top? They will still hit. When you have a great team full of players not everyone is going to be in their natural spot in the lineup like you see in All-Star games but shouldnt affect how they produce which is the main purpose for these mocks. Ivan and Nomar were both great hitters and could drive in runs just not at a very high levels. The thing about my lineup is I have guys that know how to get on base and rarely strikeout. Maybe that is what you need when you face all great pitchers like these drafts have, the big sluggers arent going to jack homers every other at-bat and the guys that are power hitters that strikeout have less value IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk everyone is fucking with my head. I think my lineup was just fine and the order shouldnt matter as much bc I think my entire lineup is full of great hitters but now I am second guessing myself lol.

I guess just keep it as is

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett L 18 3B
David Ortiz L 10 DH
Lou Gehrig L 25 1B
Kirby Puckett R 15 CF
Ivan Rodriguez R 14 C
Nomar Garciparra R 6 SS
Dale Murphy R 7 RF
Lou Brock L 11 LF

Brock leading off on a normal team makes sense of course but on a team of all time greats it doesn't. His .343 OBP is just not good enough and when you have stacked lineups stolen bases are also not as important. You aren't gonna chance running into an out when you have a lineup full of hall of famers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Brett L 18 3B
David Ortiz L 10 DH
Lou Gehrig L 25 1B
Kirby Puckett R 15 CF
Ivan Rodriguez R 14 C
Nomar Garciparra R 6 SS
Dale Murphy R 7 RF
Lou Brock L 11 LF

Molitor was a far better lead off hitter than Brock in every phase except steals, and he was in slouch there. In this mock, in which they would be going against the best pitchers ever, Brock simply wouldn't get on base enough.
Again, any lineup that has Papi hitting in front of Gehrig is a mistake. You have to give a career .340 hitter with great power, top 5 hitter all time without question, more ABs than Papi
I do agree that his lineup could use a power bat at 5, but you could also argue Kirby there over his best option, which is probably Murphy