• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minny vs Arizona what would you do?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, Vikings down 3 on the road to maybe the best team in the league. Tied for the division lead with the Packers so this would be a big win considering Packers visit Cardinals later

The scenario

Ball on the Cardinals 31 yard line, 3rd and 10 with 13 seconds left no timeouts. The Vikes run crossing routes left to right 3 deep, Freeney makes a great spin move and strip sacks Teddy and the Vikes lose. Same thing happened in Denver earlier to the Vikes.

Having a rookie(ish) QB like Brock, Assume this situation next week in Pittsburgh, Denver driving to tie the score, What would you do. Play call on 3rd down for Denver ?

I either throw a deep fade to the end zone for DT or kick it on 3rd down. No way I allow Brock to stand in the pocket waiting for crossing routes. No way I allow Brock to take a 5 step drop from the gun like Norval did with Teddy who might have the slowest release in the league.

I would be furious as a fan if this happened to Denver.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bit bizarre seeing them run that play on third down. They were in FG range. Walsh had just nailed one for 54 yards earlier in the game too. Maybe they were hoping to seal the game? If they were just trying to get a few more yards it's seems not worth the risk. Kicker should be good to go from there...not like there was bad weather conditions.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, Vikings down 3 on the road to maybe the best team in the league. Tied for the division lead with the Packers so this would be a big win considering Packers visit Cardinals later

The scenario

Ball on the Cardinals 31 yard line, 3rd and 10 with 13 seconds left no timeouts. The Vikes run crossing routes left to right 3 deep, Freeney makes a great spin move and strip sacks Teddy and the Vikes lose. Same thing happened in Denver earlier to the Vikes.

Having a rookie(ish) QB like Brock, Assume this situation next week in Pittsburgh, Denver driving to tie the score, What would you do. Play call on 3rd down for Denver ?

I either throw a deep fade to the end zone for DT or kick it on 3rd down. No way I allow Brock to stand in the pocket waiting for crossing routes. No way I allow Brock to take a 5 step drop from the gun like Norval did with Teddy who might have the slowest release in the league.

I would be furious as a fan if this happened to Denver.

I think you nailed it. Max protect, send DT deep on one side and Sanders deep on the other. Look one way to draw the safety, throw it deep to the other. You should end up with either a touchdown, pass interference, or an incomplete pass, most likely incomplete. That play call by the Vikings last night was awful.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the middle part of the game. I did not see the end. Just followed a gametracker. Given what I know for the situation and what I saw earlier in the night, I don't trust my O-line to keep the backfield clean.

I probably kick it and go for OT.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Broncos OL I kick the Field Goal. Too often Brock has had pressure right up the middle right away opening the opportunity for the sack. If I was on a team with a decent to good OL then as others have said go max protect and send 2 guys deep and see what happens. Maybe have one other guy run a quick out pattern that if it looks like they have the deep covered well you hit them for a quick 5-10 yards to get closer.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would of had teddy punt it. They never would expect it and even though you`ld lose you can say after game that you really thought the element of surprise really surprised them!. It would of. Seriously though...no TO`s, 13 secs, young QB......kick the damn FG and live another day.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings were playing to win. I can't blame them for that. However, I would have called a play that better protected the quarterback and was low risk. Even a delayed run or something would have been a wiser choice. At the end of the day, my passion for this topic is lukewarm since I'm focused on the beating that the Broncos are about to deliver to the Raiduhs. Go Broncos!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings were playing to win. I can't blame them for that. However, I would have called a play that better protected the quarterback and was low risk. Even a delayed run or something would have been a wiser choice. At the end of the day, my passion for this topic is lukewarm since I'm focused on the beating that the Broncos are about to deliver to the Raiduhs. Go Broncos!
A delayed run? You do realize there was 13 secs and no timeouts right? Come on Milehigh ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kick the FG

No doubt