• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings, 3/31 7:00 PM

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least my O's won their opener against the defending champs so the day wasn't a complete loss.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the Sharks announcers..

Good lord dude, why? They are easily one of the worst tandems in the league. Colorado's guys are up there too.

Remenda is a homer of epic proportion. He couldn't call a straight game even if no one was on the ice.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely a fan, but I dunno about homer. He roots for the Sharks no doubt, but I don't think that's clouded his judgment on things. Can't stand Colorado's.. The only other team I enjoy would probably be Dallas' crew.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely a fan, but I dunno about homer. He roots for the Sharks no doubt, but I don't think that's clouded his judgment on things. Can't stand Colorado's.. The only other team I enjoy would probably be Dallas' crew.

You might feel different when they do the Sharks vs Kings game Thursday.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks guys are a lot like the Kings guys. Not too many color analysts more of a homer than Fox. Yes he tells it like it is most of the time when the Kings aren't playing as good as they're capable of playing but it's pretty obvious that he's pulling for a Kings win in every game. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

Shoot who is paying Remenda? The Sharks right? He's at all their games. And I'm sure he's a Sharks fan. Why shouldn't he be pulling for his team? Even Miller as straight up as he is always is pulling for the Kings. I'd be upset if Fox and Miller started pulling for the opponents. Sharks fans probably feel the same way about their announcing team.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a national game. Put Bob Miller & Jim Fox in a national game.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks guys are a lot like the Kings guys. Not too many color analysts more of a homer than Fox. Yes he tells it like it is most of the time when the Kings aren't playing as good as they're capable of playing but it's pretty obvious that he's pulling for a Kings win in every game. Nothing wrong with that in my mind.

Shoot who is paying Remenda? The Sharks right? He's at all their games. And I'm sure he's a Sharks fan. Why shouldn't he be pulling for his team? Even Miller as straight up as he is always is pulling for the Kings. I'd be upset if Fox and Miller started pulling for the opponents. Sharks fans probably feel the same way about their announcing team.

Ox

disagree...

Until you've watched most of them and heard "great effort by the Red (Capitals) tonight to get a point." like last week's game, you really can't say Fox is much of a homer. In fact, my one complaint with Fox is that he bends over backwards to NOT appear as a homer, especially in games like that debacle in Detroit this year.

The Guppy guys aren't bad when they do games that involve two other teams, but IMO, if a game is being shown nationally, the network should not use one team's entire feed. But a whole night of "Jumbo Joe" and "the Big Pavelski" will get really old really fast. And unfortunately, it's what we'll have to look forward to if it's LA-SJ in the first round. I think that's where most Kings' fans dislike of the Guppy twins really began...being forced to listen to those two three years ago celebrating their huge comeback and Thornton's OT series clincher, because there was no other option.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and both Hahn and Remenda are paid by NBC/Universal as Comcast employees. Their situation is different than those in Philly, where Comcast basically owns the team, too.